so....pretty....

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so, the dealership is being retarded.

first off, the car doesnt run right because its running on a half assed map from a missing accessport. so its hitting a fuel cutoff at around 4500 rpms (which is right before you start getting into the real power). so the dealership cant sell the car in this condition.

in a nutshell. the guy who owned the car before blew the motor.

i believe he didnt have it professionally tuned, instead he bought an accessport and used an off the shelf map for the ecu thinking that it would fully support his mods and driving. thus resulting in a blown motor. he most likely then took out the accessport and took the car to a subaru dealership in CT and had the engine replaced under warranty (saw the record for that).

then the guy decides he wants an evo X and trades it in down here. well, when he traded in the car, he took the accessport with him, instead of leaving it with the car, (when you plug in an access port to a subaru it becomes "married" to that subaru and the ecu is locked to any other accessport besides the one its "married" to. but the guy took it with him)

so, i explained all of this to the dealership and gave them information on where to get an accessport as well as where to have the car tuned and the ecu "unlocked" (for a price of course because its no simple task). the stupid manager at the dealership kept saying that his mitsubishi techs could handle it all and he could tune it in his shop because its like the evo X. I said that it should be professionally tuned by someone at Metric subaru where there is an SPT tech (subaru performance tuning) or at least dyno tuned over at no limit. the manager then goes to say he has a dyno down at his other dealership that he uses for state inspections (smog check). i just shook my head and left after giving him copies of the business cards to Metric Subaru and No limit motorsport.

they are going to f*ck up that car.

its all cool though because i found this:

2006 aspen white sti, $23,987

a much better price compared to the $28k black 07

10982850634.260181769.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.562x421.jpg10982850635.260181769.IM1.02.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

10982850636.260181769.IM1.03.565x421_A.562x421.jpg10982850638.260181769.IM1.05.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

10982850640.260181769.IM1.07.565x421_A.562x421.jpg10982850642.260181769.IM1.09.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

without a doubt, the white one is better. its even dropped and it has the 04-05 tails on it which makes it look even better. i dont like the clear 06-07 tails much.

glad you turned that 07 away. it looked like nothing but trouble.

the 06 is the better choice. and from the engine pic that thing looks like it hasnt been touched much. you cant see the turbo/downpipe area, but everything else looks fine.

so im really tired of dealerships

so everything is going great. i spent like 6 hours at the damn dealership working out the deal and everything. then it comes time to put down the final signature and walk out the door with my new car keys in hand and the manager says no.

he wanted 5k down right then and there after i negotiated the entire f*cking day to put 1000 cash down, plus my trade in and still walk away with 72 month financing at 450ish a month.

then they try and say that they will take my trade in out of the equation and the deal can work then. he said they would pay my wrx for a year and let me drive out in the new sti and after a year, i come back in with both cars and refinance. seriously, i dont need to have my bugeye sitting in my driveway while i have the sti and make insurance payments on both since they would both be financed cars and then make the 450 payment.

i just dont understand why i have to spend the whole day negotiating a deal that everyone said would work only to be turned down at 10:15pm after being there since like 4:00. its just bullcrap.

car payments are lame.

let's also imagine that you do get into the army. what good is a car going to do you if/when you get overseas? look at ct9a, i have no idea why he even has a car since he's only home maybe a couple of weeks a year.

"Sounds like somebody has a case of the Mondays"

Seriously....sounds like it's time for an STI swap for the bugeye.

ive been thinking about it. but it means ill be out of a car for awhile until the work gets done. besides, it would be nice to have a warranty.

car payments are lame.

let's also imagine that you do get into the army. what good is a car going to do you if/when you get overseas? look at ct9a, i have no idea why he even has a car since he's only home maybe a couple of weeks a year.

ill be in the reserves because it will keep me local and because of the verizon job im interviewing for today, as well as the volunteer fire dept im involved with. that way ill be able to earn three retirements at once.

I retract my support of you buying a new car.

I think you're better off fixing up your WRX than making ridiculous car payments for 6 years.

This I agree with. Don't forget all the interest that will accumulate over 72 months.

ive been thinking about it. but it means ill be out of a car for awhile until the work gets done. besides, it would be nice to have a warranty.

ill be in the reserves because it will keep me local and because of the verizon job im interviewing for today, as well as the volunteer fire dept im involved with. that way ill be able to earn three retirements at once.

there's only so much you can do with a car while it's under warranty.

posted in here earlier before i read that you decided on reserves, not active. obviously, you'd still need/use a car while doing the reserves.

no matter how many times i see those front ends, i just can't find myself liking them. kind of like the rsx in that way, i suppose.

yeah dude, dont worry about a warranty. if you did full exhaust and something happened to your motor you wouldn't get shat from subaru. they are pretty picky.

Archived