Danger Ranger

So heres my little alternate DD project. Not looking to put alot of money into this just touchups to make it somewhat presentable and of course keep it in good functioning condition. Its going to be alot more practical than my Del Sol build I can tell you that. So far heres the "To Do list" rather than a mod list for the most part.

Replacement Armrest

New parking brake release latch

New cable for hood release

15" Crome Unique Rims w/ Center Caps

215/75R-15 Hankook Winter Tires

Truck bed toolbox

New Whipers

K/N Filter

Plugs/Wires

Detailing

Window Tint

new167.jpg

new168.jpg

new169.jpg

new170.jpg

new171.jpg

new172.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The GF's got the Alero anyway and it's $1000 you can't have everything. Hell I could probably turn around and sell it for more than that If needed. And the only girls I have stand 7 inches tall with four legs at 2lbs each. No car seat required.

The GF's got the Alero anyway and it's $1000 you can't have everything. Hell I could probably turn around and sell it for more than that If needed. And the only girls I have stand 7 inches tall with four legs at 2lbs each. No car seat required.

Wow you are a sick fker!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Dont mind me I am getting drunk! >_<

Yeah Its what I've been hearing forgot my brother had the same gen well kept up and sold it for 3k at just under 200,000miles still running find all original motor, trans, clutch. Its a lil beat up but it was the guys work truck so least I know he didn't beat on the truck.

I was gonna say if it had 150k or less for $1000 it looks pretty decent, then I look at the CL listing and saw 157k. So his pricing is pretty in line. Tailgates are often the first thing to rust, especially if he hauled things with it and scratched the bottom edge when loading and unloading. I wouldn't worry about that rust.

i didnt even read whats wrong with it an whats not. but No dont buy. you can get yourself somethign a million times better for the same price thats NOT a ford. '96 dakotas for example have mitsubishi motors in them and run strong as well as the rest of the drive train unlike the new ones where the front ends constantly f*ck up. but ideally id say a toyota truck/tacoma.

is the ranger a 3.0 or a 4.0? if it's a 3.0 i'd stay away with it. also what rear end is in it, if it has the 7.5 then i'd def stay away. i've rebuilt 4 7.5" rears in mine and since i put the 8.8 i've had no issuses. the 3.0's drop cylinders around 108K-120K.

i'd go with anything Xtended cab and fleet side. i wish mine was a fleet side instead of a style side.

EXT is sufficient in something like an F150.. Rangers are too damn small, as are S10's..

Even the Colorado/Canyon's are.

but rangers and S10s are gas sippers compared to full size trucks, and now gas is going crazy :crazy:

i dunno about the older s-10's, but the late 90's and up ones are a little fragile. my friend and I used to offraod together, him in his s10, and my in my ranger, and the s10 started falling apart. good luck if you can find a decent toyota pickup with low enough miles because people don't let go of them, but if you do find one i would take it over the ranger since they are bullet proof. the 4.0's can have timing chain issues so make sure that there isn't any ticking noises coming from that area. and i'm sure you know to avoid an automatic transmission as ford's trannies are power hogs and break alot.

So Long day with the truck. I'll break it down in steps.

1. Me and my buddy drive up there ontime no biggie.

2. He doesn't have the title ready so he runs to the bank.

3. *Waiting*

4. He comes back oh crap they wont noterize it as my mom needs to sign it cause we're both on it.

5. He drives to her work to get her to sign and noterize it by someone else.

6. I take the truck no biggie and get to the BMV.

7. Guess what, she still didnt sign it.

8. Lucky enough (for him) he was a nice guy and drove him and his mother to my side of town and got everything taken care of 10minutes before the BMV closed. (finally)

So yeah long eventful day but it was all worth it. Steal IMO for $900.

I was born and bred on Chevys, but Danger Rangers are good trucks IMO. Beds spread after 100k, but that's with any Ford truck. Not the easiest thing to work on, but I think you got a good deal :thumbsup: . Mine's a 91 and was $700, but it need some front end work (driver fender, hood, bumper, headlight and valance). Good little p/u to take trash off and haul stuff from Lowe's, ya know.

Yeah pretty much. I wont mind putting some money in it here and there to make it look decent and of course run. And now I got something else I can drive when i dont want to take my del sol somewhere, or if the weathers bad cause I'd definitely rather run a $900 truck off the road or get it stuck in snow, etc. than take any risk with my baby.

Yeah pretty much. I wont mind putting some money in it here and there to make it look decent and of course run. And now I got something else I can drive when i dont want to take my del sol somewhere, or if the weathers bad cause I'd definitely rather run a $900 truck off the road or get it stuck in snow, etc. than take any risk with my baby.

Word. They're fun little trucks to ride around in. Mine has no power whatsoever, I'm pretty sure a D15 against my Ranger would look like an Enzo against my Sol. But nonetheless it's a good vehicle, does what I need it to. I wish you the best of luck with yours, and lmk when you get some rims! :drool:

wtf, who needs more than 2 seats?

oh... wait...

lol,

That what I was thinking... He needs more then two seats. I only need 1. Screw passengers. lol.

So Long day with the truck. I'll break it down in steps.

1. Me and my buddy drive up there ontime no biggie.

2. He doesn't have the title ready so he runs to the bank.

3. *Waiting*

4. He comes back oh crap they wont noterize it as my mom needs to sign it cause we're both on it.

5. He drives to her work to get her to sign and noterize it by someone else.

6. I take the truck no biggie and get to the BMV.

7. Guess what, she still didnt sign it.

8. Lucky enough (for him) he was a nice guy and drove him and his mother to my side of town and got everything taken care of 10minutes before the BMV closed. (finally)

So yeah long eventful day but it was all worth it. Steal IMO for $900.

Damn that sucks and sounded like a long day. The truck does not look too bad. at least it is stick and for 900 bucks thats a hell of a deal.

I agree Chris I hate freeloaders! If its that big of a deal they can sit in the bed of the truck. And yeah its a pretty good deal. I mean "Fair" condition for the truck is $1500 and IMO for how old it is its in good condition. So I'm happy with it.

Archived