Sooo....

CRG7

I now own a 2000 Crystal Blue Metallic (aka: silver) Prelude. I made a few sacrifices on what I ideally wanted in the 5th gen, and it needs a couple of non-major items when I have a chance to replace them, but it was a steal of a price. Tomorrow or Wednesday I'll probably take a couple of quick shots.

EDIT: Pics below (Post #12)

I hate you...mainly cuz i kinda want one of these.. hope you enjoy it

lol, thanks! i've wanted one for a while, and now that i need a back seat come september (to chauffeur my niece to and from school), i decided it as time to go ahead and buy one.

lol, thanks! i've wanted one for a while, and now that i need a back seat come september (to chauffeur my niece to and from school), i decided it as time to go ahead and buy one.

Haha, I've been wondering for a while what it was you were looking around for. Congrats on the purchase Ash! Any future plans for it?

Haha, I've been wondering for a while what it was you were looking around for. Congrats on the purchase Ash! Any future plans for it?

Yeah, I have a problem I think with wanting the harder-to-find Hondas. I must have been looking since sometime in May, but about 99% of them are autos so it was frustrating, but the search is over :)

The other reason I went with the Prelude was because there are very few things I'd ever care to do to it mod-wise. I'm going to replace a couple of parts that need replacing, then probably leave it as is (oh, I have to remove the ugly gauge faces and the grille from the lower portion of the front bumper cover too, lol, the only mods besides a CAI that it has) until spring.

Are the 5th gens the ones with the fugly headlights?

It depends on what you consider to be ugly. I personally think that all previous generations of the Prelude were unattractive. I have no idea what they were thinking with the fourth gen, the styling on those is so much different than the 1-3 gens, which the 5th gen returned to (albeit in an updated manner).

A couple of quick shots I took earlier before it got dark:

passside.jpg

Someone replaced the grille with a 97-98, boo! To be replaced with the honeycomb again soon enough.

There were some ugly mesh grilles wired onto the grille & bumper cover, removed them tonight.

passside2.jpg

One of the "problems", someone backed into the driver's door a couple of weeks prior to it being listed for sale. Everything is in working order, it's just not visually appealing, and will be replaced ASAP:

driverside.jpg

rear.jpg

Upside down steering wheel (alignment getting done in a week or so), ricer gauge faces (being removed ASAP) and pedal covers:

frontinterior.jpg

Bay needs some cleaning, valve cover needs some TLC. Some CAI.

enginebay.jpg

im gonna laugh cuz all youre going to find is a red replacement door. =)

I think I'm going to hold out for a CBM. I'm awaiting a shipping quote from a possible seller on one. A friend claims that there are a few 5th gens in the local junkyard, so I'll be giving them a call within the next day or two to see what they actually have before I brave the mud-pits.

She ran me $3500 8)

Nice find. I was just thinking about how I wanted to see more preludes on this forum...

Rob, you don't like those headlights? I've always loved that style.

No, too big for the front end of the car IMO. But like I said, The rear-end is straight sex.

Thanks, Nate & John! It wasn't my first choice in color (it's growing on me, though), but I'm pleased with the find and most of all with the price (just over half of KBB's fair value).

Congrats Ash! I've been looking for a 5th gen. 'lude for a while now, for myself. I've yet to find one that cheap and in good condition, despite the door damage.

Congrats Ash! I've been looking for a 5th gen. 'lude for a while now, for myself. I've yet to find one that cheap and in good condition, despite the door damage.

Thanks! Yeah, my problem was that all of the ones I would have considered ended up being automatics (or red, lol). Good luck with the search! I know how lousy the search can be, haha, and unless you go for a 97-98, it is hard to find one that's under $6k or so.

Great grab!!! i used to be in love with that model ludey!

oh one more thing, since youre still parting out the SiR glass top, would you sell me the shell? id come pick it up, i want a honda project car for some odd reason... and i'd LOVE to have the only glass top where i live!

Archived