New HF '08 Summer Meet Thread

wannaBstuntin

List is updated according to what region you're coming from (what group you'll most likely carpool/convoy with).

That way everyone can basically see what route/states they'll be going through.

I don't know everyone's names yet, but I'll fill them in as I get to know you.

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, I just checked the Happy Holiday website and calculated 10 rooms, with 4 adults per room (40 people).

Comes out to a little less than $10,000 for the full 8 days after tax. :crazy:

Now this sounds like a lot, but between 40 people, that would be $250/person for the whole week ($32/day) w00t .

I estimated 40 people because we have around 10-15 people probably going, plus everyone will probably end up bringing a friend or two.

btw, I also checked 5 rooms, with 4 people/room (20 people) and the rate doesn't differ too much ($5000 total).

However, 20 rooms with 2 people/room would cost twice as much ($18,000).

So it seems to depend more on how many rooms than how many people. So the more people/room the cheaper it will be.

Although they don't "accept" more than 4 people/room, we could probably do it anyways without anyone knowing :devil: , if anyones up for that.

I'm shy for about five minutes. Until I get the feel of things. After that, it's on like Donkey Kong.

lol, im the same way. but no so much shy as i am awkward... till i get a drink in me. then it's all good and you're my new best friend! haha.

well its like the person gettin the room has to 25+(few places are 21+) and then only like so many people under 21 can be in the room(its dumb and as long as your not doing drugs and making too much noise(or trashing the room) i dont think they mind(some do)

call the happy holiday(or i can if cause its not really long distance for me) and ask if they will cut us a deal if we get so many rooms(since we are going to be spending like 5-10 grand there)

and the closest drag strip i can think of is like an hour and a half from the beach..but i think there is one closer i just have to find where it is haha

I've been looking around more and found some places with suites/condos.

The Barefoot Yacht Club and Resort Villas have a 4 bedroom condo.

Each of these could prob sleep 10-12

2 of those would be $7,500, but I'm not sure exactly where its located.

If we had 30 people (15/condo) that would be $250/person for the week (same as 10 rooms at Happy Holiday)

What do you guys think about that?

EDIT: Their rules say you must be 23....Since I just turned 23, then theres no problem there.

23 to be the one who rents it. Doesn't mean you guys can't stay there.

$250 is like half of my paycheck for the week.

But like I said, the Happy Holiday would be the same price except it would be between 10 rooms, all of which are very small, and 4 people would need to stay in each. I've also been reading a lot of bad reviews.

On the plus side, it's right across the street from the beach.

Here's the Barefoot site so you can check that out.

Barefoot Resort

barefoot landing's probably my favourite area of MB. it's really nice and pretty around there. just a reminder- don't count chris & i into anything for hotels. we'll be staying at a marriott because of the number of hotel points we need to redeem before they expire.

There's a marriott at barefoot landing- is that the one you're thinking of?

we're not trying to be antisocial, its just the whole finances thing (and admittedly, i love my privacy therefore i hate sharing a room with anyone) & seeing as we can get a room for free, whats the point in paying?

I can't make the whole week, I don't have enough vacation time left. That being said, I can schedule my vacation using weekend days as free days to maximize my time there. I'm still not a definite, but I want to keep my options open. As for accommodations, I'd rather make my own arrangements.

I've gone with like 10-15 people to Big Bear and we had one big cabin and it took forever to decide how much everyone pays and such...

this might be a huge pain...different people coming in at different times and the rules and who will be responsible for all this (if Ryan, then don't you want to party instead of counting and keeping track? lol)

what if we were to decide where exactly we are meeting and tell everyone two or three of the closest hotels to choose from (near the camping area ;) )...??

if you guys want to be on the strip(main part) then look for hotels in myrtle beach on N. ocean blvd between like 2nd ave N and 8th ave N

i think those are the main smaller hotels.. and i never said happy holiday was a GREAT hotel.. its just a party cheap one.. check into the bayview resort(its right across from happy holiday and i think they have big rooms)

i think i agree with the lets pick a couple hotels like close together (happy holiday, sea cove, motel 8, bay view resort, and there is another one that starts with a c i cant remember are all within walking distance of each other) and then people that are stayin the entire time can work somethin out with each other and then the people going for a few days can work something out

I only have 3 1/2 days vacation time available. My plan was to duck out early on Thursday, pack, and start the drive down. Staying Fri., Sat., and Sun. Leaving early Monday morning. Back to work on Tuesday. Provided I can swing the finances.

i think i agree with the lets pick a couple hotels like close together (happy holiday, sea cove, motel 8, bay view resort, and there is another one that starts with a c i cant remember are all within walking distance of each other) and then people that are stayin the entire time can work somethin out with each other and then the people going for a few days can work something out

+1

Just figured we'd get cheaper rates with more people/rooms.

$32/day sounded pretty good.

if you guys want to be on the strip(main part) then look for hotels in myrtle beach on N. ocean blvd between like 2nd ave N and 8th ave N

i think those are the main smaller hotels.. and i never said happy holiday was a GREAT hotel.. its just a party cheap one.. check into the bayview resort(its right across from happy holiday and i think they have big rooms)

Currently looking at a Travelocity search results page. I'm liking The Boardwalk Beach Resort as it seems to be the best bang for the buck...for me at least. Located on N. Ocean Boulevard at Myrtle Place.

Archived