K20 swap

cranny

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nope, love the country, hate the people.

:p

Cranny: I am so jealous. You have this project well under way. I can't even get a company I bought a set of LCAs off of to even ship them in the time it took you to get this half finished.

if you dont like the country then geeeeeeeeeeeeeeet the hell out.

anyway, if i ever hit the lottery im buildin a sweet garage and cranny is gonna be the master mechanic

That's funny cause I've said the same thing many times.

Incredible work cranny. I haven't been on here much so haven't seen all you've done, but I just caught up and....WOW. I'm amazed by your skills. I wouldn't mind living in Canada from about April through August, but you guys can keep your crazy winters.

yeah winters suck ass , lol. thanks for support guys.

got the dash bolted in tonite , little trimming involved , lol. alot of wiring done. got the drivers side mount fabbed and bolted in. got clutch line made and bled. got front brakes all bled. lots more to do.

STA72169.jpg

STA72170.jpg

STA72171.jpg

STA72172.jpg

STA72173.jpg

STA72174.jpg

pretty much just wiring to do now. shes good to roll.

looking for wirecolor/function diagrams for the rsx. i have the helms , but somewhere along the line , they decided to eliminate the wire color/function diagrams for all the connectors in the car. now they only have them for the ecu. any help appreciated , speed this process up.

we got er done. i got some issues though , but also right now im running it off the civic ecu , which could be causing the problems idk. heres some pics of the almost end result , lol:

STA72191.jpg

type r cluster came today.

STA72188.jpg

STA72186.jpg

i know its a mess still , lol

STA72185.jpg

STA72184.jpg

you can see here , the rsx harness for the wiper motor , brake fluid/clutch fluid low indicator , and cruise control are seperate from the rest. the civic isnt , so i dug out the rsx harness , got rid of the civic harness , relocated my cruise control under the wiper assembly cover and all comming out a rubber grommet.

STA72183.jpg

ahhhh , done finally , lol , sort of. you can see here i took the sensor , whatever it is , maybe you guys can tell me? out of the bottom of the rsx rad , and fabbed an inline place for it. i figured as long as its in coolant it dont matter. also i reused my civic rad so had to get some plumbing fitting to make a line.

STA72182.jpg

now for the problems , maybe you guys can help. car is running in limp mode. idles very high , never checked for vacuum leaks yet. when you first start the car , the tach works and comes up , than 2 seconds it falls to zero and stays there , i dont get that. the coolant gauge wasnt working , once the car was heated up , i turned it off , turned the key back to on , it came up where its supposed to be , than when you start the car , it falls slowly to the bottom , dont get that either , lol. to add , it doesnt always come up either when you turn key on , got an attitude. car wont rev higher than approx 3500 , hard to tell with no tach. the A/C compressor sounds like a dying animal. engine light is on. with the key in on position , the engine light after being lit solid for a long time , will flash 5 times , than continue staying lit. all i can think of right now , tired. any help would be appreciated guys. thanks.

heres a little vid of it running for the first time:

th_STA72192.jpg

sick build cran-dog. ssr's got nothing on you, at least your posting pictures of your progress so we know your not full of crap like some of the members here. keep us posted.

you know why they dont post pics nanc? lol , cause they dont do anything but repeat info they either heard from someone who knows , or read it online. how can you not post pics of the cool crap that you do , specially when people are calling you on it? lol. i dont care , im just happy , lol. im glad the engine is tight and good. and tranny. i mean , really , i never knew the engine was good until i started it , lol. although it was advertised as good.

my type r cluster nancy , came today in the mail , it is showing 328 kms , haha , its out of a brand new fukin car man.

Pretty sweet indeed.

Are you planning on switchin over to the RSX ECU? I dunno if you've done that already but I feel like now that your car is like 50% RSX then maybe you should do that. Perhaps that will solve some of the problems as well?

Sick cranny. You are the man and I agree with Nancy, nobody on here can touch your fab skills.

sick build cran-dog. ssr's got nothing on you, at least your posting pictures of your progress so we know your not full of crap like some of the members here. keep us posted.

So true Nancy. 1000's of dollars in car parts but can't afford a decent 100 dollar digital camera. People are so lame.

Sick cranny. You are the man and I agree with Nancy, nobody on here can touch your fab skills.

So true Nancy. 1000's of dollars in car parts but can't afford a decent 100 dollar digital camera. People are so lame.

you basically just summed up this entire forum

it is , the pinouts are alot different after looking at it all. the civic ecu doesnt have alot of stuff the K20 needs , lol. its definitely the problem , im fairly confident once im running on a PRB , ill have no engine light and it will work good.

anyways , heres some finish product pics , not completely done yet , headlights had to be rewired using my civic plugs on rsx harness.

STA72195.jpg

STA72196.jpg

STA72197.jpg

car cleaned up mostly , still need armor all and more cleaning.

STA72198.jpg

STA72199.jpg

STA72200.jpg

STA72201.jpg

where i routed my power steering , couldnt have worked out better.

STA72202.jpg

who likes my mini ratchet strap to the subframe battery tiedown? lol. not going anywheres though , that i can tell ya.

STA72203.jpg

clutch line and all that good stuff. wiring harness all tied down for now.

STA72204.jpg

personally , i never had hood clearance issues , it shut , but i put a little insurance dent right above it in case , lol.

STA72205.jpg

STA72206.jpg

STA72207.jpg

Archived