K20 swap

cranny

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

got my subframe today , got the front end ripped off the rsx , were cooking right along now. waiting for 6 speed shift knob , accord plug wire cover and both axles to come in the mail. heres a few pics i snapped with phone(i know) , will get more later:

17-10-07_1550.jpg

17-10-07_1551.jpg

17-10-07_1552.jpg

17-10-07_1553.jpg

31-08-07_0059.jpg

31-08-07_0100.jpg

ahem....turn your camera to the side and they won't take pictures that are turned.... :p

Looks like fun. How much of the rsx random parts are going to find their way into your civic? I am assuming more then just the k will eventually be installed?

-the front struts , tie rod ends and spindles. using my civic front LCA's.

-power steering line , brake booster vacuum line , misc crap like that. PS resevoir

-entire RSX wiring harness , from driver/passenger seat forward. so all dash , access. , interior , everything but taillights , rear harness. i have to find which wire is for what in rear harness of RSX , and my civic , and cut the plugs off my civic rear harness , and the RSX one , and splice the rsx plugs on(they are different) , so it will be plug and play.

-if it will fit , RSX heater box and blower assembly(for AUTO climate control option , hehe , im greedy i know)

-whole strut , spindle , rear discs conversion in back.

-the entire dash and steering column.

-im not sure about the wiring for the sunroof yet , as the civic is 2 stage moonroof , the rsx is 1 stage sunroof. the switches are different. but my switch mounts in the rsx dash so ;). might have to isolate that wiring if it doesnt work just putting the right switch on. i havent looked at scematics yet.

not sure about wiper motor controls , as rsx has rear wiper , and adjustable intermittent wipers. im thinking im just gonna run my controls , and isolate that wiring as well.

-was already talking to honda , 17 bucks to program my keys to the ecu.

if someone comes across black airbags for the steering wheel and dash for an rsx without costing me my first born child , let me know , lol. more to come.

its almost not a "swap" anymore. when hes done he'll have an rsx on a civic frame with civic back seats.

project: rsivic (pronounced arrrrsssivic) :pirate:

its almost not a "swap" anymore. when hes done he'll have an rsx on a civic frame with civic back seats.

project: rsivic (pronounced arrrrsssivic):pirate:

Haha I think we all kind of figured that out.:thumbsup:

iss okay, ily <3

24-10-07_2030.jpg

24-10-07_1956.jpg

24-10-07_1955.jpg

new plug cover on , way better.

axles.

rear mount and 2 new spindles on route.

if you look close at the passenger mount there , ts an integra mount a cut and fabbed to work for my swap. i will be fabbing the brackets that will bolt to the car. for that mount , and another mount for drivers side , to bolt into. should be fun. more to come.

week and a half approx , we begin. i think i have my D17A2 swap sold too so , couldnt have come at a better time , lol. my car will be about , 65% rsx when im done , haha.

LOL@john. thanks guys , appreciate the support. my parts are on the way baby , were almost there. i wish i could fab what i need for mounts while im waiting , but unfortunately , i have to wait till the engine is sitting on the subframe installed in the car. more to come boys.

• 2 weeks later...

whipping out the D , good riddance , lol.

STA72072.jpg

STA72084.jpg

gonzo

STA72092.jpg

dash half out

STA72111.jpg

dash out , lol

STA72116.jpg

cutting a hole from the inside for the RSX wiring harness to enter the cabin , rather the passenger side.

STA72120.jpg

a little tease , little problem , doesnt fit quite perfect , little trimming involved , maybe more , lol , but its going in

STA72124.jpg

story of my life , lol

STA72128.jpg

RSX subframe going on

STA72129.jpg

after power steering line , cables , wiring harness ran in car , blah blah , grabbing the K

STA72133.jpg

STA72140.jpg

finally

STA72147.jpg

not tight or nothing

STA72149.jpg

STA72152.jpg

RSX spindles , brakes , struts , so on. ive retained my civic LCA's , and sway bar.

STA72157.jpg

this is the drivers side cup out of DA style teg , cut away form the chassis , lol. trimmed to rest flush with my chassis when bolted together , fits nice.

STA72160.jpg

cleaning contact points and tacking it in

STA72162.jpg

STA72163.jpg

after half welded in

STA72164.jpg

anyways thats where i stand right now. passenger mount is complete and bolted in and tight. looks great and will do the job fine. more tomorrow guys.

Man, Move to the US lol. So we can take our cars to you. :) Interior's going to look sexy when the dash gets fitted.

You have that backwards. I would much rather move my ass to canuck-land and get the hell out of here.

Archived