K20 swap

cranny

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i dont get people. im getting one either way , but this was such a good deal. maybe too good. guy selling a whole head package , skunk2stage 2 cams , skunk2 pro series valve springs and titanium retainers , and skunk2 cam gear for the intake cam , he wants 850 shipped. all brand new never used. wow man , i wish i had some more money. ive been reading a bit about IPS cams if you guys have heard of them , pricey but supposedly good.

IPS cams are extremely good. with bolt ons and cam you should hit like 280whp. Guy here has some of them. Great cams!

K24 bottom maybe , hit 280. not with K20 bottom. if i was to run what i have now as far as intake and exhaust and header , with IPS K2's and Kpro , i might hit 225 whp , maybe. i really wanted IPS cams but , ive talked to people who have run them , and IPS is simply price gouging for them at this point. 1200 dollars new us. skunk2 , 500. brian crower , 400. toda , 900(also pricey). now is it worth paying more than double the money with the chance of getting what , tops 10 more horse? not even that probably. i dont think so. sure IPS are the best , but they aint woth that much money , not to me.

why don't you just have your stockers reground? get the specs on those big $$$ cams and send the stockers away to turn them into the same exact thing....

all your paying for is a freaking name... which is bull.

don't give me the bs about how your paying for the research and design, and dyno testing.... especially since there are what....like 3 different grinds of cams out there for honda engines........

yeah, that stuff in that link is all fine and dandy, but there are easier ways (and cheaper ways) to knock out stuff like spring surge... dual springs, triple springs, flat dampners, bee-hive springs, and the list goes on.

multiple springs = more friction and heat, which would rob some power, so that may not be the best idea

Why would you try to eliminate spring surge with a cam, when the problem lies within the spring itself?

They might have gotten rid of it to that rpm, but still at $1200/set.... sounds like a costly alternative to a semi-simple solution.

EDIT: look how much they are selling their 3" spun aluminum, super high tech, "Prototype Racing Intake Bell" for.... $70!!!

Its a freakin velocity stack for christ's sake... 30 cents for the aluminum, and 10cents to operate the lathe and die..... at the MOST this costs less than a buck, and they can spin out a ton of these an hour. Minimal human labor involved, probably done on a machine....

does that say anything about the rest of their products? kinda makes you think.....

got my Kpro today , had it out playing with it a little. starting with a premade map by hondata for K20A2 with bolt ons. datalogged a couple runs , fixed a couple air/fuel spikes , realy fun stuff man. alot of gains in the mid range. will have some pics and cool stuff soon.

all rsx-s's have a wideband O2 sensor as a primary. so yes , im using my stock wideband O2 and Kpro to datalog. my car works fukin bomb man , Kpro is the crap. little complicated at first , but once you get the hang of the 3d fuel map idea , IE , having a different fuel/ignition map for every 10 degrees of cam advance , its ok. i got my Kpro pretty much the day i found out my little guy had a kidney disease , so i haventhad time to play as much as i would otherwise , or how to snapshot my datalogs and show you guys what im doing. give me a chance guys and ill get some cool vids and info on.

anyone ever needs any tuning don , i can do it online over the net fr you if you send me datalogs and calibration. you send me .Kal , and your datalog , make adjustments , send yuour .kal (file) back revised. you do another pull , end datalog again , blah blah. i dont know exactly how much more power im pushing , but i assure you its very noticeable difference , haha. i have the money in my pocket for cams , but i just have no time , car is on hold till my little guy comes around.

little reading for all my little wanna-learners , haha:

http://www.pencomputing.com/rsx/The_Hondata_KPro103.htm

these 2 go together , seminar and slides below it.

http://www.pencomputing.com/rsx/HondataSeminar.html

http://hondata.net/media/kprotraining/k-propresentation.pdf

thats pretty cool man. Does the K-pro use the same 3D maps as the S300? if it does i'll get a hold of you when i tune my car and get some helpful hints from the man up north.

yes , i can say , datalog a run using the fuel map cranny1 well say. save the datalog also as cranny1. make adjustments to cranny1 map , save it as cranny2 , datalog a pull using cranny2 fuel map , save said datalog as cranny2 , and the process goes on. so yes pyro , you can , lol.

• 3 weeks later...

little guy is officially in remission as they put it. hes doing good , getting healthy again. next step is taking him off th drup hes taking and se if he gets sick again.

today i ordered a set of Brian Crower stage 3 camshafts and dual valve springs and titanium retainers for my k20. its about to get alot more fun ladies and gents , lol. still have the ZEX kit standing by for summer. can we say 12's?

little guy is officially in remission as they put it. hes doing good , getting healthy again. next step is taking him off th drup hes taking and se if he gets sick again.

today i ordered a set of Brian Crower stage 3 camshafts and dual valve springs and titanium retainers for my k20. its about to get alot more fun ladies and gents , lol. still have the ZEX kit standing by for summer. can we say 12's?

So glad to hear that and I hope the progress to recovery keeps going well.

I think it's sick that you are going to be in the 12's in a daily driven, non-boosted, heavy (comparatively), honda. Big props to you for being a little different.

fuk i just noticed hngs wheel , nice man , tat looks way better dude. i realy liked those 17's too , but that looks hard for sure. im powder coating my stock 16" rsx wheels gunmetal for the summer.

im sure if you wanted the headache , you can get an integra dash into a del sol or civic. lots of research. we know the wiring is the same for the most part. look at diagrams in the manuals. see if they bolt in similar. see how the door skins will meet the new dash. im sure youd most likely need to change out heater boxes as well. im pretty sure civics sit higher. not an easy task getting a dash to go into a car that it was not meant for , i know this now , lol. even when the 2 cars in question are same generation/chassis of car.

Archived