K20 swap

cranny

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i dont get people. im getting one either way , but this was such a good deal. maybe too good. guy selling a whole head package , skunk2stage 2 cams , skunk2 pro series valve springs and titanium retainers , and skunk2 cam gear for the intake cam , he wants 850 shipped. all brand new never used. wow man , i wish i had some more money. ive been reading a bit about IPS cams if you guys have heard of them , pricey but supposedly good.

yeah, that guy that won't ship until you cross ship is most likely looking for someone to rip-off, which I am sure you are probably already knowing.

patience will certainly get you what you want and the price you want to pay.

• 3 weeks later...

as i was saying in the other thread there before VR shut it down , im gonna be picking up a brand new in box , ZEX wet kit. a buddy tat works there , owes me money , and hes getting it for me instead of paying me. the question at hand was how big a shot am i gonna run? forget who asked , wll im not sure yet. havent done much research on what they can handle. im sure a 50 shot wont hurt it. once i build the engine i want , K24/K20head , forged pistons and rods and block guard the bitch , im sure ill be able to run at least a 150 shot at the track. well see what happens.

its funny you mention that ice , the first person i hooke with was an older fellow at work that loves his 04 stang GT. and hes crazy as hell , lol. well , we hooked up 3 times now , twice from a dig , once rolling start from about 35mph , he wont even talk to me anymore cause he got beat 3 times and i teased him , hahaha. crannys K20 - 3 , domestic junk - 0 , hehe.

If you had actually ran "domestic junk" that was decently fast from the getgo (IE faster than a 1/4 mile time of 14.0ish or MAYBE A high 13 stock..)the outcome would've been different but ..

Anyway, good work.

why would i race someone who i know is faster? my car spits about the same 1/4 as a stock GT stang , 15 flat approx. my car might be good for a 14.5 on a good day and good run. why would i race someone in the 13's? i know you like domestic cars dude , but save the hating on me cause i beat a stang , lol. me and a GT stang of that gen are a good even race. the fact i can beat any sports car with a V8 is pathetic on thier engineering part dont ya think?

No, the fact that you ran probably the weakest V8 powered car that was put out in that era is what is making me respond. I'm not bashing you for winning at all but like you say, why run a faster car?

It's not pathetic engineering, because if Ford wanted to make all of their cars fast they'd have made them all 32v 4.6 modular powered vehicles from the getgo. I'd call it more conservative, especially since GM had quit with the WS6/CamaroZ28/SS for that time period.

In any case, I'm not jacking this thread out of respect for you 'cause you've done GREAT with that car. This is not intended to be hating. I was just pointing out the obvious.

why would i race someone who i know is faster? my car spits about the same 1/4 as a stock GT stang , 15 flat approx. my car might be good for a 14.5 on a good day and good run. why would i race someone in the 13's? i know you like domestic cars dude , but save the hating on me cause i beat a stang , lol. me and a GT stang of that gen are a good even race. the fact i can beat any sports car with a V8 is pathetic on thier engineering part dont ya think?

and you were saying your car was faster than mine was.

are you sure you cant beat mustangs? my civic ate them for breakfast. then again, i had lots of mods and your k20 is relatively stock.

• 4 weeks later...

as a smart man would , lol. if you were a fighter and they gave you a choice to fight either pee wee herman or tito ortiz , would you pick tito? lol. i think not. put a crap kickin on pee wee and call it a day , haha.

picked up some new stuff guys , teehehehe.

REVO technica short shifter box - 50 shipped from clubrsx

injen SRI - 40 shipped from clubrsx , to replace me ebay special that a cut to fit the K swap , lol.

drivers side airbag from rsx - 100 bucks local , which is a smokin ass deal.(wheel is now in the car , looks bomb)

last but best:

Hondata Kpro - 750 from clubrsx

will have some pics again soon. car has come a long way since last post , lots of little issues taken care of. my D17A2 swap is pending sale right now , im getting cams and VT , lol. who wants to see video of cranny datalogging and tuning his new cams? well stay tuned folks , slowly but surely. i already mentioned i have a ZEX we kit lined up , but you wont see that till summer.

we're over you cranny. youre just too good for us. its always big, flashy, and shiny new toys with you. we kind of expect it. :p

but.........

keep us updated. :thumbsup:

we like pretty pictures and vids

paid for and my cu is shipped to him. i should have Kpro by friday. the injen intake tube fell through , club rsx owners wouldnt sell it to me cause my paypal address isnt confirmed , lol , so that sucks , was a good deal too. i should have cams for it in the not too far future. im pretty dead set on running IPS K2 cams. the good fact about them , is you can run a combo of OEM valvetrain for them. inner springs off a 02 type s only as they were dual springs that year. outer springs from my 04 type s head. and then retainers from my 04 type s head. rsx-s except 02 , has the exact same valvetrain as an S2K. which we all know is good for 9k so. thats good. so more to come boys.

K20A2 + EM2 + 75 shot ZEX WET + Kpro tune + IPS K2 cams + slicks = at least high-mid 12 second car all motor.

i MAYYY try and pick u some typr r pistons , but well see. i really dont wanna get that balls deep into this engine till summer is over , but well see what deals come my way.

i am content. why bother spending a whack and more chance of hurting my investment. motors good for me for now. on spray , theres not alot of turbo cars around here that scare me so , lol.

Kranny, i know what you need to do to complete the swap. first you need to take the type-s thing off the rsx, or if it says rsx-s that that off. then go to a junk yard and find a civic ex, take off the ex. put them together, and youve got yourself a Type-Sex, which is what youve made, pure sex

Archived