b16b's winter project

ok, since my car is going in the garage in a couple monthe for the winter, i've decided to go against my original N/A build. so turbo it is. i've really been making an attempt to research this in depth before doing anything. i really don't want more than about 8psi...nothing too serious, just something little. i tried to make a list...let me know what you guys think, and if i forgot to mention anything. i know solles is going to be pissed at this thread

Garrett T3 .42./.48 50 trim Turbo

Tubular stainless Manifold

TiAL 38mm 7psi Wastegate

3" Downpipe (recirc. wastegate, wideband ready)

3" exhaust w/ test pipe

Spearco FMIC

2.5" Charge Piping w/ hose and T-bolt clamps

SSQV BOV

550 injectors

Hondata s200

new fuel pump

CP 9.8:1 pistons

i'm not sure what to do about tuning. there's really no where around here i can take my car. anywhere in PA? will i need something like ems? i want this motor to still be safe, so that's why i'm not wanting to run that much boost. it's also most likely going to be my daily driver. discuss

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i will definitely post pics of the whole process...start to finish. i'll make a video when it's all done...should be pretty cool. but that's a while down the road.

there's someone else with a ctr swap on here!...jdmcoupe

and i don't think i'm considered a regular...at least not to some people

i was thinking of a project that i didn't have to take the entire motor apart, but that's the very reason i posted this thread...to see what you guys thought. so everyone's vote is pretty much with the n/a build?

but keep in mind that i didn't want to run high boost...around 8lbs or so.

No, I vote for boost (despite what may have come out in my other post). I've never seen a boosted CTR motor so I'd like to see it. There are plenty of people running ITR motors with boost and making tons of daily driven horsepower. I think I would keep it at around 7psi though and do some research and find someone in your area that tunes hondata or crome. Check hondata's website and see if they have a dealer near you.

so you think the t25 would still keep power in high end? and about the tuning, winchester seems like the closest place for hondata dealers, would i go here to get it tuned after i get s200? i know a lot more about the actual turbo setup than i know about tuning.

so does my list still look ok?

and i don't think i'm considered a regular...at least not to some people

Your my favorite noob, so in which I now consider you a reg :thumbsup:. If I were you I would go with the Disco Potato, I have a T25 in my room thats from my brother Mazdaspeed protege but the turbine is fracked, I also am going to pick up a GT3037 next friday from Total Performance Racing for my build, will be using it on stock pistons and rods and on 10:1 compression but I will only be running like 6-8 PSI. I almost agree with Hung on the T25 running out of juice I think the your motor would like the GT28 alot more, if you just want a turbo without having to really worry about anything get the T25 but if your looking for power get the Disco Potato.

so you think the t25 would still keep power in high end? and about the tuning, winchester seems like the closest place for hondata dealers, would i go here to get it tuned after i get s200? i know a lot more about the actual turbo setup than i know about tuning.

so does my list still look ok?

buy the S200 from them, have them intall and tune it, im sure they will cut you some deal, there is a local shop here called Zerolift and if you buy an S300 from them they install and give you an hour of dyno time, they also tune it for free.

i'm with you chubs...i only want to run about 6-8 psi...on stock pistons/rods. driving to cincinnati is more than twice the distance than from morgantown to winchester...so i'm hoping i can find someone reliable to tune it. will i be ok driving to a tuner?

Archived