b16b's winter project

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PS doesn't exert force. It is up and down. The side loading from a longer stroke ovals cylinders.

B16B pistons he'll crack a ringland.

B16A pistons he probably wouldn't.

Why would he put B16A pistons in it if he is boosting?

Why would he put B16A pistons in it period?

CP doesn't make pistons for a B16B so quit bringing that up. Those are custom made.

but wouldn't that lower my CR by doing so? i wasn't talking about CP's for the b16b, but for the jdm b16a. why wouldn't these work in my car? bore is the same for both motors. then what do you suggest for boost besides replacing the crank, etc?

i dont get what your saying SSR and im not even going to rally back and forth man. but my opinion is spoken B16B. any more questions you got for me man ask em up. i wish i could come down and work on that engine , id be stoked , lol. slap solles while i was there too , just cause i can , hahaha.

i'm all about it man...the plan, so far, is to put those CP 10.5:1 jdm b16a pistons (haven't looked for them, just taking your word on it for now) and boost it. while it won't be the best, i still think it will be a good platform for turbo.

I agree with ..SSR.. on the matter of putting B16 pistons in B16B.

but this will lower my CR to a level more optimum for turbo. isn't this correct? so after doing this, i'll be good for boost

-btw, this post has over 1000 views...kick asss...maybe i'll beat 90's thread eventually lol

earth to fukin SSR , there all the same bore dude. jesus fuk. its the exact same almost minus the dome. which only lowers his CR , which is what were looking to do. whats so complicated with that. if im wrong than post some info to prove it so we can learn dude. and to B16B , the pistons i was talking about were CP B16A1,2,3 - 10.5:1. not jdm. the rods in your engine are actually made of slightly different materials than B16A as well. stronger.

loss of quench with a boosted engine? now your just talking stupid. his engine with JDM B16A pistons and 8 lbs of boost = 14.8:1 CR. would help if you tell us what measurements your giving us there too dont ya think.

-the combustion chamber of a B16B and b16A head is identical 42.7cc's.

(only difference i can find with a B16A and B16B head is the intake valves on a B16B enter the chamber on a 45 degree angle and B16A are at 60degrees , that and the intake valves have thinner stems in a B16B. exhaust valves are identical)

-the pistons are both 81mm bore.

-wrist pin to piston top on B16A is 1.180" , B16B is 1.210"

-piston dome in B16A is .098" high , piston dome on B16B is .253"(this is the biggest difference in the 2 pistons , and its only in the center of the piston to fill the combustion chamber more and create a higher CR).

-B16B with stock pistons has a piston to deck height of .026" , and B16B with JDM B16A pistons gives you piston to deck height of .056". thats 3 hundreths of an inch in the difference. a human hair for jesus sakes.

i have no idea what measurements your giving or where they are from but it would be nice to know like i said.

it says in his page he posted that if you put b16B pistons in a B16A , it will give you a 11.1:1 CR. what you think of that? lol.

i've read tons of threads on honda-tech about it...just go there and search "b16b turbo" and read some of the threads. i know a lot of people have done it, but a lot of people advise against it. i'm debating on turbo or N/A (and now actually leaning more toward N/A). a lot of people, including solles, have reminded me that it's such a great engine for N/A build. i really wanted boost though, even if it's a very small amount, like 6psi. but according to ..ssr.., i would have to get custom pistons for either build.

has nothing to do with hate , i just dont understand why he cant be nice and contribute. like i said , i know he aint stupid , although i think hes wrong in this case , he puts initials of measurements and expects us to know what hes talking about , than when you ask him what are you talking about , he says im a fukin dummy for not knowing. silly ass BS. obviously im not a dummy , nor is he , were long past that point i think. everyone makes mistakes , i just like learning about cars , engines. why we have to bicker , when were all here cause we love the same crap with a passion , is beyond me. anyways , im sorry SSR for calling you biggest arsehole on here , i was just mad , lol. your not the biggest arsehole on here anyways , thats solles for sheez , hehe.

see what i mean guys , lol. hes a goof. i wished i lived around you , id choke you the fuk out.

B16A2 PD: .0559"

B16B PD: .0259"

is that supposed to be your attempt at piston dome measurements? if so you couldnt be more wrong. no wonder i didnt know what you were talking about , cause even you dont know what your talking about. of course hes gonna tell you you need custom parts B16B , that way he can sell them to you and make money off you. i tried being nice boys , only goes so far. 19 years old and think he knows it all , with his bone stock sohc engine with a header. you read the same crap i did dude , you know as well as i do that he is wrong.

not according to much other info , sorry. and ive mentioned the difference in the valve angles already. 60 degree intakes for B16A , 45 for B16B. exhaust are identical. im not wrong i dont care what your buddies said. math is universal and dont lie my man. but whatever if im wrong im wrong , happens. at least im not an butthead.

No cranny, you are an butthead. lolz

If cranny's math is right but not matching the reality than cranny isn't taking something into account with his math. His math may be right but reality wins. Agreed?

Math is universal but human error is common.

the math has been done , all you have to do is research it and read it. not difficult. ive listed that piston to deck measurement 4 fukin times moron , look back. and whats your point about it. i dont get it. the difference is 3 hundreths of an inch. a human hair for fuk sakes. like i said , were looking to lower his CR. which is what putting B16A pistons in it will do. if you put B16B pistons in a B16A it will give you 11.1:1 according to info available. the valve relief on both b16A and B16B pistons is the same , so your wrong there solles , meaning you can put a B16B cam in a B16A without changing to B16B pistons. now if you wanted to N/A build that car , than sure i agree 100% , custom pistons are definitely required. but not for boost , sorry your wrong.

valve lift:

B16A IN 10.7mm, EX 9.4mm B16B IN 11.5mm, EX 10.5mm

Archived