b16b's winter project

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ruin what makes that engine so good by putting a B18 crank in it. defeating the whole purpose of the design of that engine. lets turn your CTR engine into a GSR , nothing like a step down , but who am i , definitely not a rocket motorsports advertiser , lol.

You're a f*cking idiot.

That would make it the same more-or-less as a B18C5.

The only reason Honda didn't make it a 1.8 was so it could fit into classes. They gave it the 1.8 block so it could be turned into a 1.8 for other classes.

whatever dude , your the man. heres a link to wisecos website catalog , http://www.wiseco.com/PDFs/Catalogs/SC06_AcuraHonda.pdf , for hondas , look down at all the pistons you can get for the different engines. notice that the piston to deck clearances are different(which he was saying wasnt possible , the quench theory , lol) , just had to defend myself from goofy who likes trying to make me look like an idiot.

That would make it the same more-or-less as a B18C5

wouldnt make it a C5 at all , the difference in the C5 is all in the head fukin dipcrap , a C1 and C5 blocks are identical , only difference is pistons. or should i say the dome of the pistons. block measurements of C1 and C5 are identical. the rods are the same size as well , only the C5 rods are high chrome carbon steel(C1 only chrome carbon steel). the block itself with no pistons and rods or crank doesnt make it a 1.8 neither since B16B and C1 and C5 blocks are identical. therefore a 1.6 litre and 1.8 litre engine share the same block which fuks your theory. the piston rod setup gives the engine its displacement(although bore does as well , but in this case there the same). so what now does your mouth got to say? i cant wait , lol

f*cking idiot.

We're talking CP's and you bring up Wiseco's because you know I proved you wrong. Jackass.

Who said anything about the difference in rods? Not me.

B16B and B18C5 share the same head. Put them on a flow bench if you think otherwise. B16B has the same cams as a 00/01 C5.

All B Series (minus B20) are 81mm bore. C1 and C5 are 87.2. Put a C crank in the B16B and you have a C5.

Genius.

Archived