so i need some serious advice

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been there done that and my brothers going through the same thing. Its hard I know. Really it amounts to doing whatever you enjoy most and keeping busy. Its impossible to keep your mind off of it all the time, but being distracted from it helps alot. Go out have some fun meet some new people and hangout with people you may not have hung out with in awhile.

Don't always resort to the icecream! Theres alternatives... Like cake, pudding, milkshakes, cookies, and my favorite raw cookie dough FTW.

Grats on the pinky nano! Hope you cheer up! And I dont know what you've been through but from my experience and my brothers, its best to just stay away from it, dont get caught up in the fact that maybe the break up is wrong and it could be alright. If it was ment to be it would have been.

my favorite raw cookie dough

that sounds good haha

and ryan i forgot the i know i got serious WAY too young.. i was 16 when i started datin him and i know i missed out on some fun.. a lot of ppl i graduated with are knocked up and gettin married and im like STUPID have some damn fun

Just be lucky you got out of the situwation then. My ex-girlfriend is one of those knocked up ones! So guess I made a right choice somewhere along the road.

yeah I got out of a big 2 something year relationship and I enjoyed it until it ended but what was worse is that I lived with her and it was hard moving back and talking to her and it still it. So I feel you on everything going on.

So in due time everything will fine and dandy again. just give it time. plus hanging with your friends helps out alot.

The big plus you can have fun at the HF meet with no worries. I know I will. I will even make sure I am GFless just incase I wanna be having some extra fun there, but who knows.

I just think there's no point in a serious relationship if all its doing is restricting you....from other relationships, your friends, your fam, sometimes work and school.

And all it usually adds is stress and makes you fight about stupid stuff.

If you weren't happy forget about it. If you have no intentions of getting back with him then DO NOT talk to him, for his sake. When guys check up on you it is because they like you, even if they give you a convincing just friends talk.

At least you think it sucks sleeping alone. I've wrapped myself up in my business to stay busy after my breakup a couple years ago and I feel nothing now.

My opinion, do what makes you happy. If that is being single, then be single. But, if yall were supposed to be on a "break" you need to let him know its over for good. You dont want to leave him hangin for a few months before he realizes what happened... cuz it will take him a few months..lol.

Get yourself out there, enjoy life, and make friends.

if yall were supposed to be on a "break" you need to let him know its over for good. You dont want to leave him hangin for a few months before he realizes what happened... cuz it will take him a few months..lol.

see i thought we were but it was a nice break.. called eachother everyday and said i love you.. then it went to him not sayin it.. then not calling.. so yah

Yeah, but if he is still checkin up on you, he still wants to be with you... either that or he is a douchesac and just doesnt want you to be happy at all....

You may just want to call him and let me know what your thinking. Whatever you do, DONT use the "lets just be friends" line...

If you use the line, i fully support the ex kickin you square between the eyes...

Trust me on this, its the worst thing any guy can ever hear...

its a huge relief when you get out of an unhappy relationship, even if it's only supposed to be as a break. i say you sit down and talk to him about what he's doing and explain that while you still love him etc. it's obviously just not meant to be right now. For example, one of my girlfriends got married at 19 to her HS sweetheart. They got divorced when she was 23 after 10 years of being together. They still love each other dearly & they're still good friends, but they understand that they just can't have a civil romantic relationship.

I wouldn't advise going the road I did when I broke up with my ex- I immersed myself in booze, parties & sex & sorta dragged a few people down with me. One ended up in rehab, the other ended up with a coke dealer (who i dated before i moved to england) sleeping on her sofa and mooching off her till she threatened to call police. It nearly destroyed my friendship with her. It was fun at the time, but it was also super damaging.

^super damaging wow I'm so glad you are good and happy now...

If you have no intentions of getting back with him then DO NOT talk to him, for his sake. When guys check up on you it is because they like you, even if they give you a convincing just friends talk.

You may just want to call him and let me know what your thinking. Whatever you do, DONT use the "lets just be friends" line...

agreeing with above...

Sarah, by what you tell about girls who get married fast and have kids, I realize that you just don't want to do that...and you weren't happy in this relationship and you are having fun as a single girl...

so just be single and have fun! You are young and you will change everyday until years to come!

also, what you are feeling about the lonliness and missing him is NORMAL! In a few weeks/months, you will be able to handle it better and not miss it anymore because you realize that it wasn't a happy place for you...

Tell him straight out that you don't want to talk to him or be friends and that he should stop asking around because you aren't going back to him! That way, he will get over it too in time!

Tell him straight out that you don't want to talk to him or be friends and that he should stop asking around because you aren't going back to him! That way, he will get over it too in time!

Completely agree with that. Let him know straight out how you feel about it. Dont give him false hopes or anything, because if you continue to talk to him, he will think he still has a chance even though you dont at all. If he knows you are done with him, he can get over it quicker and it will be easier on you.

we broke up mainly cause i wasnt happy.. we didnt have the same views on anything and always argued

Don't get back together. It is extremely rare that people change their ways, so if something bothered you, there's a good chance it would always be there (and putting up with sh*t you can't stand gets old fast). Even if the other person did change, or you changed, neither would be completely happy because neither would be true to themselves at that point. This also gets old fast.

Don't talk to him, don't see him.

Let your friends know that he is no longer a part of your life, and you don't wish for him to be, so you no longer want to hear about what he's doing and/or saying.

If you have a Facebook/Myspace, and he's on your friends list, delete/block him. Same with any instant messengers.

Feel free to leave him a brief message to let him know that you're moving on/have moved on with your life and that you don't feel as though you can be even friends at this point in time. Leave it over voicemail, IM, FB/Myspace, whatever. There is no need to tell him in person, or actually talk to him about it -- you don't owe him anything.

If you think you want to be friends with him, do so at a later point in time. Take this time to get past seeing him as a boyfriend and to focus on yourself, and then over time you may be able to have a friendship with him if that's something you'd want.

I got out of a 5-year relationship in October, and don't think I had ever been so relieved. It was strange at first to not have that person there to talk to or spend time with/make plans with, but I focused on being true to myself again and before I realized it, the relationship felt as though it had been years in the past/another lifetime ago. Go find yourself, re-discover what it is you want from life and don't let anyone stand in your way or hold you back.

Archived