Brembo + Hawk

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just ordered 4 centric rotors (look just like the power slot rotors LOL.. centric is the same company as stop tech and powerslot i belive)

and the akebono street performance pads

Way to cheap out, dude.

the plating on them alone would be a swing vote for me. my brembos are a rusted mess. anything to limit that gets a couple more points from me.

All unpainted rotor surfaces rust equally, cheapskate.

Thank you Mr Obvious.

This statement isn't entirely true. If you want photographic proof I can set up some time lapse images showing that the rotor surface on the brembos on my civic rusts considerably faster then the rotor surface of three other vehicles I own. I know it isn't like for like comparisons as I don't own three more 95 civic sedans with front and rear discs, but it's the best I can offer you.

lol would it make you feel better if i showed you what supras are getting?

probably something off here:

http://arizonaperfor....com/parts.html

willwood big brake kit ftw

probably go 13in 6 piston front.. and 12.9in 4 piston rear

be able to stop my tank

A $1500 big brake kit for your old ass supras? lol wut

Thank you Mr Obvious.

This statement isn't entirely true. If you want photographic proof I can set up some time lapse images showing that the rotor surface on the brembos on my civic rusts considerably faster then the rotor surface of three other vehicles I own. I know it isn't like for like comparisons as I don't own three more 95 civic sedans with front and rear discs, but it's the best I can offer you.

Who cares though? The rotor face won't rust.

same here.. if its under the car port its not as bad

and who said supras were cheap!?

1jz motor/tranny - ~2500

rods - 1200

single turbo -4000 (less if we piece one of course.. im still leaning towards twins anyway)

headgasket - 350

cam gears - 150 each

intercooler - ~ 500

radiator- ~300-500

suspension (coilovers only) - ~1500-1800

sway bars - ~<500

CF doors - 1500 per door

front bumper i want - ~300

Wheels - we wont even go there

CF hood - PITA to find a real CF one but i assume 1000-2000

you get the idea

skip the cf overlaid hood and just get a plain fiberglass one. same with the doors. should be 50% less expensive for the same thing without the bling cf overlay on it.

fiberglass is heavier

the doors are complete carbon fiber.. 5kg each.. problem is i cant read the website because i dont know japanese laugh.gif so idk about shipping

I would get all the carbon painted anyway

heavier?

just guessing, but

steel door: ~100 pounds

fiberglass door: ~30 pounds

cf door ~25 pounds

you really want to pay an extra 4g just to save ~5 pounds?

sorry, when i read the previous post i didn't see 5kg i saw 5k. same difference though, lot of money to save some weight. if someone made cf doors there is a good bet someone made fg doors for a bit less too.

at the old saying goes: it's not how fast do you want to go, it's how much do you want to spend?

they dont make a lot for the mk3 supras to begin with.. and shaving weight off is extremly hard to do safely because most of it is just the car being heavy lol

i read a cf hood helps.. but ive only found cf/fiberglass.. i think it weigh 50lb? whcih isnt bad i suppose if the stock hood is heavy.. just not a big fan of CF covered fiberglass.. i like to do it right

they make CF/fiberglass hatches also which are 25lb.. but i think most of the stock weight is in the glass so i probably wont bother with that

using them still i think lol i havent heard anything bad but i havent heard much so i want to try them out

probably keep the other pads around for when i need them

Good, I wouldn't mind getting a trustworthy review..

Archived