Need Advice on a New Car

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that still doesnt help the leg room.

but yeah people drop in ls1s into those and they are crazy. super lightweight and RWD. i cant imagine the weight distribution would be that good with one of those motors though

that still doesnt help the leg room.

but yeah people drop in ls1s into those and they are crazy. super lightweight and RWD. i cant imagine the weight distribution would be that good with one of those motors though

I Disagree for several reasons; I'm not saying its perfect but:

1) http://racingconcepts.net/miata.html you see they say it is! lol

2) its an all aluminum motor so it is very lightweight

3) with only four cylinders in length it is not much if any longer then a four cylinder motor.

4) because of its v design the intake manifold is placed ontop and the exhaust manifolds are tucked underneath the heads it is often as narrow as most four bangers, either way you look at it you would still have that weight in those places. Look at the materials also plastic intake manifold smaller heads.

5) you see alot of these on road course's racing and doing well.

I've run into this kinda issue alot when talking about my old Z some people just think that because of its 8 cylinder configuration its going to be heavy and ruin everything. Its one of the reasons I chose an 8 over a large turbo setup on my old Datsun. A turbo would add weight to one side of the motor then the added weight of piping and an intercooler which sits in the very front of the car would throw the cars balance very much out of whack.

Thats why its go no top! Sit up not in!

I helped drop a 347 in one once was stupid fun!

i tried sitting in an mx5 at the LA autoshow, i couldn't really sit down because there wasn't enough space between the seat an dash for my legs/butt. if i did manage to get butt in the impossibly narrow seat, my knees would have been on either side of the steering wheel like a go kart. it wouldn't' have mattered anyway because my eye line would have been even with top part of the windshield.

yeah this guy is my height just super skinny. i think hes 5'10" and only 120 lbs

Thats disturbing! Im 6 foot 170, Ive got a smaller waist tho 29/30 in so I can squeeze into most cars. Someone needs to get into the gym.

Thats disturbing! Im 6 foot 170, Ive got a smaller waist tho 29/30 in so I can squeeze into most cars. Someone needs to get into the gym.

I'll say, I'm 5' 10", people call me a stick figure, and yet I tip the scales at 150.

eh he doesnt like being big. hes one of those weird guys. im going back to the gym. my goal is 210 lbs and pressingn 300 by march :D

disturbing in comparison to what? you've got to be a rail

hes very 'v shaped' i guess they say?

he does have a small waist but chest and back are good.. pain in the butt to find shirts that fit him right though

I'm 5' 7" ish and like 115-120 ish

sounds like you're dating superman.

superman2-thumb-400x489-8774-thumb-400x489-8775.gif

back on topic. tell your friend to get an AE86 corolla... or get an R33 or R34... or widen his selection still. How about an M3? you can get a nice one for around 20 grand. or a corvette. there are so many good choices out there. there's definitely no wrong one.

sounds like you're dating superman.

superman2-thumb-400x489-8774-thumb-400x489-8775.gif

back on topic. tell your friend to get an AE86 corolla... or get an R33 or R34... or widen his selection still. How about an M3? you can get a nice one for around 20 grand. or a corvette. there are so many good choices out there. there's definitely no wrong one.

well i just talked to him today and now he has broadened his search to more than 10 cars and 15 bikes....he is severely considering a hayabusa haha

talking about height and weight... im 6'4 209 and i fit fine in my sol :happy:

wow...u 11 inches taller than me........but only 10 lbs more haha

well i just talked to him today and now he has broadened his search to more than 10 cars and 15 bikes....he is severely considering a hayabusa haha

If your buddy is small that busa is gonna be a b*tch to throw around. They weight almost 500 lbs and he aint gonna be able to do anything with it but run it in a straight line. If he wants speed and the ability to actually turn the damn thing, tell him to get the GSXR 1000 and go the power commander route. Hell, he could pick up a GSXR 750 with the power commander and still have more bike then he will ever use.

yeah thats what we talked about sunday at work. he is tiny, 5'10 and i guarantee not over 150 lbs. me on the other hand am 5'10 and 195 and i have a hell of a time turning a GSX 1000. it was literally a bitch to turn. he is gonig tomorrow to look at two cars in columbus and a bike. i think the bike is a 750 of some sort

yeah if he got a busa, that'd be like wrestling a bear through corners... but honestly if its his first bike id go with a gixxer 600 or 750.

i think it will be his second. im pretty sure he had a 600 a few years back when he was in south dakota

Archived