Washington DC meet

BrIaN EG2

Preston, I'm either gonna meet up with John/Lina or Brian on Friday night and stay with them. Then saturday I want to camp out somewhere, so I wasn't planning on a hotel either.

Rick, I dunno, whatever. I think I can bring a tent if need be. I just wanna hang out around a fire possibly, and cook hot dogs/burgers, and drink some beers. Just need to find a good place for that. More people = better.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Preston, I'm either gonna meet up with John/Lina or Brian on Friday night and stay with them. Then saturday I want to camp out somewhere, so I wasn't planning on a hotel either.

Rick, I dunno, whatever. I think I can bring a tent if need be. I just wanna hang out around a fire possibly, and cook hot dogs/burgers, and drink some beers. Just need to find a good place for that. More people = better.

well as long as i dont have to really pay much... Suure. But i dont kno i kno my rents are leaving town. So i may have to be back for the dogs. I dont think they will be back. So it prolly will just be a day trip.... damn dogs.

I don't know why I said VA beach. That's WAY too far away.

Just need somewhere to go camping outside of Washington in any direction.

Preson, get a friend to take care of the dogs for 2 days?

Is anybody else seriously coming? This is in like 2 weeks, so get ready.

I've got testing on sat 20 for a poss new job, but if you guys are gonna hang out sun. I could meet up poss sat night depending when I get done with testing.

I'll try to do some research tomorrow and find a place to camp Saturday night.

Anyone have any specific things they want to see that Saturday? Here's a list of some top tourist spots...

Memorials

Lincoln Memorial

Jefferson Memorial

FDR Memorial

Vietnam Veterans Memorial

WW2 Memorial

Museums etc

Air and Space Museum

Smithsonian Museum of Natural History

Smithsonian Zoo

Library of Congress

National Archives

National Gallery of Art

International Spy Museum

Botanic Garden

Buildings/Monuments

White House

Capitol Building

National Mall-Washington Monument

Union Station

Others

Dupont Circle

Washington Harbour

Hains Point

Ok sounds good Rick. That takes some of the planning off me. I'll bring hot dogs and burgers if I can.

I'll try to figure out a schedule for Saturday, but I'm just wondering if there's anything specific that ppl want to see. There's so much to do that we'll be very limited.

I think a couple of my friends are coming too but I'm never sure about them.

Wish Brian would get his ass online too. :dry:

Last I read it was like a 14 day thing wasn't it?

I'm not going to go back and read the OP

EDIT: Oh yeah...don't ever say "awesome possum" again. :unsure:

LOL

Last I read it was like a 14 day thing wasn't it?

Nah. That was for the other meet I was planning. Unfortunately I can't take time off in the middle of July, especially 2 weeks. So I figured I could put something together in June while Brian is on leave.

If you guys still want to plan a meet in July, then by all means go for it. But it seemed like me, Rob, and Lina were the only ones talking in that thread.

Rick, I actually have most of that week off now (June 15-21), so I might be able to come down earlier if you want.

camp outs are all fun and games till someone wakes up covered in lube and smelling like burn skin.............

well have fun on the trip. sounds like its going to be fun...ooo cook the hamburgers in an orange peel, adds a nice flavor :)

Rick, I actually have most of that week off now (June 15-21), so I might be able to come down earlier if you want.

of course you dont have the 14th off because thats when the wicked big meet is up in MA where there will be like 500 different cars.

Archived