how to make my honda faster

accord97

hi im new to all this and ive been searching online to find ways to make my honda faster and the only thing i found was alot of people talking down about hondas so i was wondering if anyone can give me any details on how to make my honda faster and perform good thanks

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well how much work are you wanting to do? because you could do a H22A swap then go with suspension, intake, header, exhaust and it would be decently quick then..

it all depends on what you want to do and how much youre willing to spend

EDIT:: welcome to the forums :thumbsup:

buy a subaru

if u really want to make the car go faster drop the lil 4cyl and get a nice v8 in there :) like an nice ls1 or sumthing like that but plz do urself a favor and jus sell that junk and get an american car imo...... lol buy a trans am :p not a awd pos (-,-),,l,, and remember "REAL CARS DONT POWER THERE FRONT WHEELS THEY LIFT THEM" :thumbsup:

if u really want to make the car go faster drop the lil 4cyl and get a nice v8 in there :) like an nice ls1 or sumthing like that but plz do urself a favor and jus sell that junk and get an american car imo...... lol buy a trans am :p not a awd pos (-,-),,l,, and remember "REAL CARS DONT POWER THERE FRONT WHEELS THEY LIFT THEM" :thumbsup:

lol troll

there was an article in honda tuning about a guy swapping the motor from a newer tl into his accord.

hmmm, 300+whp to all 4 wheels with my current build sounds like good power to me.

I bet 'owning' all these silly honda guys on here really made his day, I bet he went n told all his 200 cousins about it too.

And one of the cousins was probably his sister and wife too.

Ehh, f-him. He is probably just pissed because his cavalier burned up another alternator, he got laid off from janitor duty at the gm plant and his $3000 trailer is being foreclosed on.

And one of the cousins was probably his sister and wife too.

Ehh, f-him. He is probably just pissed because his cavalier burned up another alternator, he got laid off from janitor duty at the gm plant and his $3000 trailer is being foreclosed on.

He's not lying.

well how much work are you wanting to do? because you could do a H22A swap then go with suspension, intake, header, exhaust and it would be decently quick then..

it all depends on what you want to do and how much youre willing to spend

EDIT:: welcome to the forums :thumbsup:

thank atleast i got one decent answer im not tryin to spend too much but i will take your idead into consideration and as for all the asss holes that replied thanks too if anyone else has anymore REAL IDEAS PLESE COMMENT

thanks though for the tips

thank atleast i got one decent answer im not tryin to spend too much but i will take your idead into consideration and as for all the asss holes that replied thanks too if anyone else has anymore REAL IDEAS PLESE COMMENT

thanks though for the tips

We're just playing with you newbie, calm the f*ck down, mr. sensitive. A motor swap or good turbo setup is going to run you around $3000. The best bang for your buck is nitrous oxide.

The best bang for your buck is nitrous oxide.

you now that that i think about it, around $600 for a zex dry 50 shot, is going to you more power than a reputable i/h/e and be cheaper

you now that that i think about it, around $600 for a zex dry 50 shot, is going to you more power than a reputable i/h/e and be cheaper

Only downside is it isn't as reliable and safe as bolt ons, nor is it on full time. It can be reliable if done right, but never as reliable as trusty I/H/E. Has to be refilled too.

JUNKYARD TURBO!

That motor has what? like an 8.8:1 compression ratio? If you've got around $800-$1000 you can double your horsepower, double your pleasure, double you fun.

hey no problem man, just trying to help :thumbsup:

hey ive also been reading up on the h22a and ive heard that they willl cause alot of trouble in the long run is that true?

hey ive also been reading up on the h22a and ive heard that they willl cause alot of trouble in the long run is that true?

No. I have one I would know, and it's just a stock motor. Treat it with a little respect and you'll be fine and will last a long time. I have over 100k on my h22 and tranny and still going strong.

Archived