how to make my honda faster

accord97

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are you at least familiar with your car? What are your goals?

not really but i just wanna make it decently fast nothin really to special im just startin so im tryin as many ideas as i can

hey no problem man, just trying to help :thumbsup:

Well lightening up the car will help if you have the money swap out all the glass for lexon which is way lighter than glass and do a fiberglassbody kit to replace your front and rear bumper www.bodykits.com has some inexpensive bumpers and go to www.carsponsorships.com and you can get discounts and once you finish your sponsorship obligations a full reimbursement on a lot of things. It costs $89 to sign up but it is well worth it if you are going to use it. Also I prefer the B18 swap from an acura Integra its a directs swap best place to get it is http://www.tokyomotorimports.com/engine/11...0ITR%2098+.html then if you want to spend about another 3 grand to get a 60% hp from the stock engine go get an EdelBrock Turbo from http://www.procivic.com/pages-product_car_...-290/index.html it will fit the engine but to fit the accord bay it may need some minor adjustments. also take out your back seat and replace your stock seat with sparcos and sparco rails to lighten it up a little more.

Well lightening up the car will help if you have the money swap out all the glass for lexon which is way lighter than glass and do a fiberglassbody kit to replace your front and rear bumper www.bodykits.com has some inexpensive bumpers and go to www.carsponsorships.com and you can get discounts and once you finish your sponsorship obligations a full reimbursement on a lot of things. It costs $89 to sign up but it is well worth it if you are going to use it. Also I prefer the B18 swap from an acura Integra its a directs swap best place to get it is http://www.tokyomotorimports.com/engine/11...0ITR%2098+.html then if you want to spend about another 3 grand to get a 60% hp from the stock engine go get an EdelBrock Turbo from http://www.procivic.com/pages-product_car_...-290/index.html it will fit the engine but to fit the accord bay it may need some minor adjustments. also take out your back seat and replace your stock seat with sparcos and sparco rails to lighten it up a little more.

Don't listen to this guy...he knows nothing.

+1 I agree.

dude I am no spammer. I am sitting in my bedroom right now trying to figure out how to get a bolt of this damn cracked exhaust manifold now that I have used and entire can of WD40 and a torch and broke 3 sockets on it and tore the bolt to shreds with vice grips though. any ideas I havent tried.

and you are telling me a b18 with an edelbrock performer x turbo kit wont do it?

no, I'm telling you to gtfo and stop telling this guy he needs a b-series in a gawddamn accord. You know nothing about Hondas so stop spreading misinformation you piece of sh!t.

no, I'm telling you to gtfo and stop telling this guy he needs a b-series in a gawddamn accord. You know nothing about Hondas so stop spreading misinformation you piece of sh!t.

I am sorry that my preferences arent that same as yours.

H22 or F20 are the only two reasonable engine swaps you should be considering...

re: sponsorship... sod off!

i think a turbo is a lil to much for me i just want the car decently fast lol i do want do an engine swap but a turbo is to much for me unless i hit the lotto but i HEARD today that gettin a high flow catylic converter will help to but will i need this if i just get the catback system

to this TOOL of a newb::

1. he wants a daily driver you tard not a fcuking accord wagon racecar.. read the OP you cock waffle

2. bodykits are sh!t

3. that sponsorship site is sh!t

4. hmotors PWNS your engine site, its sh!t

5. sparco seats suck balls theyre sh!t

you seriously SERIOUSLY need to get out of fast and the furious mode and open a magazine and learn something.. no learn ALOT of sh!t because my 14 year old little brother knows more about my car than you know about your own..

and to the OP::

i say H22A swap I/H/E suspension and wheels and the car will be decently quick and look good doing it..

this guy is out of f*ckn control.

what about if i get a high flow catylic converter and ive seen a blox throttle body will that also make my car faster and what about a skunk2 intake manifold ? thanks for the help

what about if i get a high flow catylic converter and ive seen a blox throttle body will that also make my car faster and what about a skunk2 intake manifold ? thanks for the help

high flow cat would be a good step if you have i/h/e. dont' buy the skunk 2, save a up a little more and get the edlebrock performerX, stock throttle body is fine.

high flow cat would be a good step if you have i/h/e. dont' buy the skunk 2, save a up a little more and get the edlebrock performerX, stock throttle body is fine.

thanks but what if i get the edlebrock throttle body to go with it would it be a waste?

thanks but what if i get the edlebrock throttle body to go with it would it be a waste?

For a stock setup and nothing else? Yes. Stock is good for a while actually. You can always bore it too.

yes unless you really need the airflow (boost or highcompression/aggressive cams) you'll lose some usable power.

Archived