What is everyones opinion??

my friend jose has one back in california.

it was fun to drive around and it could go literally anywhere. the stripped plastic interior is a good idea for that car. its easy to clean.

the only downsides to it is that to open the rear passenger doors, the front doors have to be opened first, and the gas mileage.

it was fun to drive around and it could go literally anywhere. the stripped plastic interior is a good idea for that car. its easy to clean.

the only downsides to it is that to open the rear passenger doors, the front doors have to be opened first, and the gas mileage.

So it's basically a Honda Element?

Honda Elements get stuck in puddles, FJ's are world-class off road vehicles.

My opinion: would you even use the 4wd? If that vehicle will never see even a gravel driveway or an inch of snow I think it is money completely wasted. The fuel mileage will be terrible, maintenance on a 4wd is much higher then other drive arrangements and the vehicle itself is expensive.

If you are in it for the image there isn't much else out there like it that would be better because they really are pretty sweet. If you can handle not having the biggest vehicle on the block there are many better choices for an urban vehicle still in the SUV line.

Besides Jasons great explanation I think the rear end, namely the tail-lights are hidious. Make it not worth buying thats up to you! Just my 2cents which you kind of asked! :p

if you drive it the way it was meant then yeah its not bad. its got a pretty good amount of wheel travel for a stock vehicle. the only complaints i've really heard are the fuel mileage and the visibility out of the front window. and the stripped out interior is a must if you are doing any mudding. i had the low end plastic floor in my ranger and i could just clean it out with soapy rag. i didn't have to care about muddy feet or a spilled drink.

Archived