So I try to take the whores out of other threads......

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My guess is this will be locked very shortly. So, i say we start a thread, in off topic, call it general discussion, and have discussion in there.

(clearly the rules are what they are, so dont whore excessively)

That would be why another mod should be in line..VR's rarely around..don't see TL often..

They could trim the bullsh*t out of threads. God knows this site needs it.

We were supposed to have two additional moderators added some time ago, but Drew wasn't around to do so. When he did finally come back, one of those people wasn't really active much anymore and the other never received mod status.

A thread for pw'ing violates the rules posted for all to read in GD. We have had "random thought" threads from time to time, as anyone who has been here for some time will tell you. Those threads were only locked if they got out of hand, or were too long. The difference between those threads and the thread that was deleted yesterday is that people managed to control themselves in those and didn't need to post in the thread every minute or two for no reason at all. That falls under excessive pw'ing, and won't be tolerated.

All of the BS that has been going on recently in every single thread on this forum is coming to an end. Suspensions will be given if necessary. If you need to have a conversation with someone, use the PM function or find some other means to do it (IM, phone, text, whatever... keep it out of the threads).

This is not SS. No one here cares what they do around there, or what they have done in the past. If you like how they do things, then by all means go pw their forum.

My guess is this will be locked very shortly. So, i say we start a thread, in off topic, call it general discussion, and have discussion in there.

there ya go. and have it pinned.

We were supposed to have two additional moderators added some time ago, but Drew wasn't around to do so. When he did finally come back, one of those people wasn't really active much anymore and the other never received mod status.

A thread for pw'ing violates the rules posted for all to read in GD. We have had "random thought" threads from time to time, as anyone who has been here for some time will tell you. Those threads were only locked if they got out of hand, or were too long. The difference between those threads and the thread that was deleted yesterday is that people managed to control themselves in those and didn't need to post in the thread every minute or two for no reason at all. That falls under excessive pw'ing, and won't be tolerated.

All of the BS that has been going on recently in every single thread on this forum is coming to an end. Suspensions will be given if necessary. If you need to have a conversation with someone, use the PM function or find some other means to do it (IM, phone, text, whatever... keep it out of the threads).

This is not SS. No one here cares what they do around there, or what they have done in the past. If you like how they do things, then by all means go pw their forum.

then change the rules. it would be controlled

i agree with pearce on a wh0ring thread. it would keep other topics clean. i also agree about having some humor. come on people have a few laughs, and if you cant do that then go over to clubcivic.com, im sure you could fit right in. it dosnnt have to be a wh0ring thread like wannaBstunnin said just a general discussion. yea i admit i did wh0re yesterday...and most of it was baggin on dwayne but come on im sure he got a kick out of it as well. (if not then i apologize). come on people stop bein so uptight and snotty and have some fun. HF should be a place you can come talk about cars as well as relieve some stress by having a few laughs. in studies doctors have shown that laughter is good for the body.

its in all good fun :thumbsup:

No one said Mike wasn't "cool". Mike chose to leave because HF has rules. We're not here to beg him to stick around, or to alter the rules so that he will. If he wants to leave, then that's what he's going to do. If he wants to come back, then he's going to do that. End of story.

This is starting to be a bit like the other Mike. Next we're going to have the "HF is FTL" revolt going on :rolleyes:

MOST people did, as I stated.

rob agreed via his post.

Actually, I got to where I tolerated him. When he, and most of the other SS people got here, they came in and tried to take over the place. Certainly not the smartest move in an established community. After awhile he began to be *alright*. His latest meltdown just proves that I was right all along.

No one said Mike wasn't "cool". Mike chose to leave because HF has rules. We're not here to beg him to stick around, or to alter the rules so that he will. If he wants to leave, then that's what he's going to do. If he wants to come back, then he's going to do that. End of story.

This is starting to be a bit like the other Mike. Next we're going to have the "HF is FTL" revolt going on :rolleyes:

i believe mike was honestly trying to help clear the threads. we stuck to that one will it/they were open. the 2nd one was closed with my last post asking Otis what he was doing the next day. I believe it was okay, but you are a Mod and have right to decide, i will fall in line as much as I can.

Actually, I got to where I tolerated him. When he, and most of the other SS people got here, they came in and tried to take over the place. Certainly not the smartest move in an established community. After awhile he began to be *alright*. His latest meltdown just proves that I was right all along.

the whole takeover was a total joke IMO, as many people on this site make jokes about whoring (not going to point out any names of people who like to kid about their high post counts, for which i do not believe my PC is exuberant).

the SS people got tired of royal asses on SS, and moved with Mike to a nicer place. i do not regret the decision one bit.

i believe mike was honestly trying to help clear the threads. we stuck to that one will it/they were open. the 2nd one was closed with my last post asking Otis what he was doing the next day. I believe it was okay, but you are a Mod and have right to decide, i will fall in line as much as I can.

The point is that the excessive whoring didn't belong in the threads. A thread with the sole intention of pw'ing is also a violation of the rules, thus why the first one was deleted and again why the second one was locked (because apparently deleting the original didn't get the message across). If it's a separate topic, it belongs in a separate thread. If it's just plain old pw'ing, it doesn't belong here at all.

wow, miss a couple weeks cuz your internets goes gay and all this mess happens...

by all this i mean this thread because my net is still gay and i cant load this forum easily so i am not gonna click any other link to see WTF is going on here.

i will say that a "general discussion" thread did keep the whores down to a minimum on that other site, and when it was shut down.. all the threads were whored, and still get that way when people post at all, which is now rarely. i can understand the no excessive whoring rule, thats great and i am all for closing a thread when it reaches 15-20 pages, delete it too, save the bandwidth. however i like to talk to people, even if its just to see how every one is doing, and while aim is fine, it does become rather narrow when only 2 ppl can converse, it takes out the chance for other peoples insight, meaning it can only go so far. so learn from that forums mistake or dont, makes no difference. and yes i realize HF got on just fine by its rules.. except for all the whoring in legit threads that got all cluttered.. and whore threads like the LNC.. which i posted in a couple times if memory serves. and the wow im wasted threads, and the hey lets meet threads.. you get the idea. make one thread, delete every 15 pages. simple suggestions are beautiful things.

as far as SS coming and thinking they could take over.. its not a militia, there was never any overt take-over threat. if i personally came on strong, understand that i am not exactly a comp. newb.. i have learned that if you come into a new forum meekly you get run over and treated like sh!t, this is something i try to avoid, therefore i let my sarcasm come through and if you like me great, if not great.. but i find if you are yourself, more people will like you, it is less of a struggle to get adapted into the fold of the people that are already active community members.

if i offended anyone, or made them feel insecure because they thought i was coming here to take over (lions and tigers and bears.. oh my), i personally apologize.. enjoy it, as it is something i rarely do, but will do so freely if i feel it is warranted. and the noodz thing is just kinda my thing.... i know at least one of you has ventured into my home away from home and see that i operate even more lewdly there as there is no such thing as censorship... dang i love it there... but my asking for noodz is more of a preemptive strike against leg-humping. it works, trust me.

okay, i've said my peace and counted to three, so if you'll excuse me, i have some whoring to do in that other place, where i have recently been given the keys to the kingdom, and the FTP.. its a beautiful thing the FTP. however it caused the demise of my internets.. true story. anyway, odds are if you warn/ban/comment on this post or otherwise need to talk to me, i wont know for awhile as i cant load this site for crap at the moment so it'll be a few weeks before i get back to ya.. sorry.

oh and wow i wrote book, so unlike me. oops.

tardjerk.gif

All has been solved for the most part. Mike decided he didnt need to post here anymore, and explained why. Everyone understands, and we all wish him the best. There will be no "discussion" thread, as i tried. All is good in the world of HF. :thumbsup:

tardjerk.gif

All has been solved for the most part. Mike decided he didnt need to post here anymore, and explained why. Everyone understands, and we all wish him the best. There will be no "discussion" thread, as i tried. All is good in the world of HF.:thumbsup:

okie

this is so days ago.

i'm not sure why everyone thinks bandwidth and storage space are one and the same.

sorry like i said gay net, not been on, its not as though i resurrected a 3 month old thread, simmer down, scooter :p

im a luddite, i admit, however all anyone seems to b!tch about is bandwidth, if its deleted, arent both problems solved?

/luddite

Archived