So I try to take the whores out of other threads......

So I take it it is ok to go and whore all the threads instead of only one? Its pretty sad that 1 little thread cant be left open! In case you missed it all the threads were mostly untouched while that other thread was open! :thumbsup: Hell delete the mutha every week, or few days if you want! We had a thread on SS that every time it got above 200 pages it got closed, or deleted! Who cares about the post counts! It just keeps the other threads from getting as cluttered! Also A ShoutBox would also act as a deterrent!

I am one of the biggest whores there is and I know the path of destruction I can cause! :crazy: So I guess I will continue til I reach suspension level warning, and be on my way! :) Not even pissed here just pointing out the obvious, give the whores something shiny and fun, to draw there attention away from the serious threads! I like to think with me you get the good with the bad, I help as much as I whore, or while I whore! Plus I try to inject a little humor along the way, cause god knows we need humor in this grab you by the nuts til you wanna cry world!

Warning heeded and so long! :thumbsup:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well this isn't to up my post count by any means, because mostly i post to be funny or help out! i ask ppl some questions, i know a decent bit about cars but grew up on domestics! i try to learn so sometimes i'll pop a question in a thread, or go along with what someone else has already rabbit-trailed! hell the OPs rabbit-trail half the time! love these forums and try not to whore, but i have found members who have been here LONG before mike and the sol klan (self included! :thumbsup: ) congratulate you on whoring! people here are cool! so i vote we get a shoutbox and have a little whoring thread in off-topic to unwind! yeah we talk about stupid stuff but hell who here wouldn't like to see Dwayne's trade choices in a useless thread in off-topic??? :laugh: like the kid a lot he's got a good heart! anyways that's my 2 cents!

:(

Would be a sad day.

I think off topic interference is cause for closing a thread and giving warnings.

Threads created just for the purpose of chatting should be allowed to slide as long as they are in the right forum group and the thread does not get too large. If it gets too big delete it and start a new one.

BRING BACK THE WHORING THREAD!, i felt like i was home in that thread!, and i didnt hear ANYONE , B!tch, moan complain about any of it because it was in its own thread not anyone elses, i vote yes to the whoring thread

I agree. I think it was the title of the thread. Because the title included the word "whore" in it, people did just that. There's not supposed to be any one word replys and such.

Best thing you can do is make the thread a "general disscussion" thread, so there's actually discussion instead of senseless whoring.

Actually, you're all wrong. As Ashley pointed out, excessive post whoring is a violation of the site rules. PMs to Drew will fall on deaf ears. Find somewhere else to spam your useless bullcrap.

Find somewhere else to spam your useless bullcrap.

They will. In threads that are actually about something. How does a "general discussion" thread hurt your HF experience? All you have to do is not open it.

They will. In threads that are actually about something. How does a "general discussion" thread hurt your HF experience? All you have to do is not open it.

That would be why another mod should be in line..VR's rarely around..don't see TL often..

They could trim the bullsh*t out of threads. God knows this site needs it.

i agree with pearce on a wh0ring thread. it would keep other topics clean. i also agree about having some humor. come on people have a few laughs, and if you cant do that then go over to clubcivic.com, im sure you could fit right in. it dosnnt have to be a wh0ring thread like wannaBstunnin said just a general discussion. yea i admit i did wh0re yesterday...and most of it was baggin on dwayne but come on im sure he got a kick out of it as well. (if not then i apologize). come on people stop bein so uptight and snotty and have some fun. HF should be a place you can come talk about cars as well as relieve some stress by having a few laughs. in studies doctors have shown that laughter is good for the body.

You seem to be missing the point..

Check the rules.

In no particular order:

1. NO EXCESSIVE POST WHORING: One word replies; responses that have no relation to the topic being discussed; double posting (it's understandable if it's a computer error); etc. We all know what post whoring is and isn't.
  2. NO TROLLING WILL BE TOLERATED: We had some instances early on with domestic guys coming only to bash. This is an example of a troll. (HF has no problem with people who prefer domestics, only with trolls.) Also, a lot of the newer members should remember people coming from some Modifiers forum and starting problems. Again, trolls.
  3. IF IT BELONGS IN A PM, USE THE PM FUNCTION: Too many personal posts have been able to slide. From now on, please make use of the PM function if it does not pertain to the entire board, and especially the topic at hand. In some threads, personal comments are allowed, such as when we do picture threads.
  4. USE THE SEARCH FUNCTIONS: If you're new to the board, or just don't remember if something's been posted, make use of the search function BEFORE posting a new thread. Please use all possible search word combinations in order to ensure that there won't be a double post on a topic.
  5. NO REMARKS THAT ARE AGAINST ANY GROUP: Anything offensive will be edited. Edits will either change what was said, or delete the offensive material.
  6. NO EXCESSIVE FLAMING: Please use the PM function if you have a problem with someone or something that is being done. Remember, you can always block another user from sending you a PM if you are being flamed. We are all one big happy family here and should not use name calling to build up our ego's!
  7. KEEP PROFANITY AT A MINIMAL: Drew has used the function that allows set words to be censored. However, I have noticed that not all words have been set. Please respect Drew's wishes to have fairly clean language in case we have a younger audience.
  8. IF IT IS UNRELATED, START A NEW THREAD: Threads are still going completely off topic and are being locked due to it. Please start a new topic so we may keep the originals open for related discussion.
  9. REMINDER: RE: SELLERS, BUYERS, WANTED TO BUY: Please place all threads regarding something you are selling, buying, want to buy, or group buys in the Classifieds! forum. Please read the rules of that forum and only post once.
  10. NWS = Not Work Safe = BANNED INDEFINITELY: We understand this is the General Discussion section of the site and all subjects are allowed, however, this is also a Honda/Acura website and Nudity, Profanity, Death Images and other Offensive subject matter will not be tolerated.
  11. THREAD ABOUT YOUR POST COUNT: Please do not start a thread about you reaching a certain number of posts. They will not be locked but deleted.
  12. EXCESSIVELY LONG THREADS WILL BE LOCKED: Threads that have become too long (generally 20 pages or more) will be closed down. Should the thread be closed simply due to length, a continuation ("Part 2") thread may be started by the original poster, or any other member /moderator who sees fit. (It is best to include a link to the original thread in the first post of a continuation thread.)

ok im reading the rules. and number 1 is no excessive post whoring. BUT rule number 8

IF IT IS UNRELATED, START A NEW THREAD: Threads are still going completely off topic and are being locked due to it. Please start a new topic so we may keep the originals open for related discussion.

we did what the rules said. another topic was started. im not saying it has to be a whoring thread change it to general discussion instead.

Options...

1) Talk to each other on AIM individually

2) Have a bunch of BS in every thread

3) Have people who BS get banned

4) Have one general discussion thread

1 takes away the group discussion aspect

2 sounds appealing to the whores and pisses everybody else off

3 sounds appealing to the non-whores but makes this place cold and boring

4 keeps everybody happy

Options...

1) Talk to each other on AIM individually

2) Have a bunch of BS in every thread

3) Have people who BS get banned

4) Have one general discussion thread

1 takes away the group discussion aspect

2 sounds appealing to the whores and pisses everybody else off

3 sounds appealing to the non-whores but makes this place cold and boring

4 keeps everybody happy

ding ding ding.

1)i dont have everybodys AIM sn

2)breaks rule number 8

3)agree-no cold and boring i hate that

4) a general discussion thread with general convos taking place

So how does some one get over 9000 posts in 2ish years anyways??:thumbsup:

I'm gonna guess that this is about me or similar. I bet if you look, probably 75% of my posts have either been contributing or about the topic at hand (video, photo, etc...thread)

Kudos on bringing me into this but most of my posts have been debates with absolute f*cking morons who shouldn't have been granted the gift of a drivers license.

But, yea.. 3500 in 6 months or so..

I already admitted I am a Whore of epic proportions in numerous threads, and have no guilt or remorse about it. I was basically calling him a hypocrite! :thumbsup:

You're the hypocrite. Before calling someone else out, look in the mirror first.

I would like to know what hapened to the old Ben? :wub: I miss him, and his grouchy yet funny posts? Now they are pretty much just grouchy?? :(

Well, he just went through a breakup, and he deals with a ton of asshats here. Pretty much expected for him to be grumpy.

Let me see if I got this right Oster!

I admit I am a whore, and try to curtail it to a single thread, and try to take other whores with me, to help keep them out of trouble as well. Yet I am a hypocrite??

I bow before your superior intellect! :bow:

No, you're a hypocrite for attempting to call someone out on whoring, when you're far worse than they are. All of you are still missing the point that excessive whoring is a violation of the site rules. Nothing more really need be said.

Well, he just went through a breakup, and he deals with a ton of asshats here. Pretty much expected for him to be grumpy.

Lol wow you've done some reading. Good going on hitting the nail right on the head.

(No sarcasm here, you were entirely correct.)

Archived