Gah, the temptation

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol sure, ill give it to you for free if you give me 1000 towards my downpayment for the new sti :laugh:

just got back a little while ago. damn, it looks good in red. i must say, the new sti is VERY intriguing in person. i might take a ride with my pop just to figure numbers out, to get an idea. doubt ill buy one though, since i have so much money invested. i mean, i could make money on a lot of my crap, but it would be a tad bit annoying to return it to stock and stuff.

Okay.....my initial thought was

DO IT!!!!!! NOW!!!!!

Because I LOVE the new body style. They look sick dropped on those gold wheels. No offense but looks wise I think the new ones that you posted links to blow yours away (just my opinion and I"ve always loved hatches).

However, it depends on how much time you have left on your loan. If yours is gonna be paid in 6-12 months then it would be nice to have no car payments. If you still have a couple years or more on your loan then I'd go ahead and trade. Can you remove any of your current parts and use on the new STI? Or if nothing else, remove and sell to fund parts for the new STI? If so then I say trade it, drop it, and gold wheel's it.

Okay.....my initial thought was

DO IT!!!!!! NOW!!!!!

Because I LOVE the new body style. They look sick dropped on those gold wheels. No offense but looks wise I think the new ones that you posted links to blow yours away (just my opinion and I"ve always loved hatches).

However, it depends on how much time you have left on your loan. If yours is gonna be paid in 6-12 months then it would be nice to have no car payments. If you still have a couple years or more on your loan then I'd go ahead and trade. Can you remove any of your current parts and use on the new STI? Or if nothing else, remove and sell to fund parts for the new STI? If so then I say trade it, drop it, and gold wheel's it.

haha, i was waiting for you to chime in nate. your response was exactly what i was expecting. i agree, they look so nice dropped on goldies (like the one i posted up).

my payments started 06/2005, and i did it for 72 months. so i still have 31 payments left, which is almost 2.5 years left. the sweet thing would be, id pay less than i do now if i traded, which is nuts.

i could remove everything and sell if needed, id just need to get back stock crap. i would still make money on everything (and some things i could sell outright, like my rims, they wouldnt fit the new ones). i could still bring over my whole turbo kit if i wanted (minus the downpipe i believe, the new ones are longer), my seats, head unit, and some other stuff. the only thing that sucks is i couldnt bring my beloved spec c roof vent (which i would want to). i could still sell everything, the only annoying this is like i said, id need stock stuff. but its worth it b/c id be losing a LOT of money not trying to part out.

and, i'd probably get another aspen white, but i'd stick with gold rims this time around.

haha, i was waiting for you to chime in nate. your response was exactly what i was expecting. i agree, they look so nice dropped on goldies (like the one i posted up).

my payments started 06/2005, and i did it for 72 months. so i still have 31 payments left, which is almost 2.5 years left. the sweet thing would be, id pay less than i do now if i traded, which is nuts.

i could remove everything and sell if needed, id just need to get back stock crap. i would still make money on everything (and some things i could sell outright, like my rims, they wouldnt fit the new ones). i could still bring over my whole turbo kit if i wanted (minus the downpipe i believe, the new ones are longer), my seats, head unit, and some other stuff. the only thing that sucks is i couldnt bring my beloved spec c roof vent (which i would want to). i could still sell everything, the only annoying this is like i said, id need stock stuff. but its worth it b/c id be losing a LOT of money not trying to part out.

and, i'd probably get another aspen white, but i'd stick with gold rims this time around.

Well, I think it would be worth it personally. You could always do the roof vent on the new one too, and if you could swap over the turbo stuff you could be making some nice numbers off the bat. Plus with the money you'd make off your current wheels and other stuff you'd be able to do some seriously nice stuff like a drop, FMIC, wheels and a tune, exhaust, etc.... I'd say go for it, and if I was up there I'd go to the dealership and tie you to one of the new Aspen White ones.

I say no, but I'm the resident butthead, with a non-running DSM. My opinion means little. It is nice however, when you finally have no more car payment. The way it is now, you'll get out of payments sooner.

:laugh:

i still have some thinking to do, but i'm considering it. the only thing is that since it has to be by the end of the month (according to the dude i talked to, apparently this deal ends next month), id have to sell and part out and get stock crap ALL by next month.

I haven't had a car payment in 6 months, and it's been nice. Surprisingly, I'm still having money troubles, because all my other bills seemed to go up.

yeah, either way, id still have at least 2+ years of payments. so i dunno.

SLAW011 - which are u talking about, there was about 3 diff things posted up (pics wise :laugh:)

yeah, either way, id still have at least 2+ years of payments. so i dunno.

SLAW011 - which are u talking about, there was about 3 diff things posted up (pics wise :laugh:)

Unless you paid it off early.

No car payments in over 4 1/2 years :thumbsup:

Unless you paid it off early.

No car payments in over 4 1/2 years :thumbsup:

true, but not likely, lol. either way, id be paying off around the same amount of money. i think i have like 10k, maybe a little less to pay on mine now. after a trade-in + cash, id be paying around the same.

eh... a squished wagon :laugh:

A BADASS SQUISHED WAGON!

we'll need pics of your new STI now.. because you're getting it. you don't know me and probably have never read any of my posts but for some reason my words mean alot to you and you're already putting your shoes on to get your new subie

Archived