Gah, the temptation

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A BADASS SQUISHED WAGON!

we'll need pics of your new STI now.. because you're getting it. you don't know me and probably have never read any of my posts but for some reason my words mean alot to you and you're already putting your shoes on to get your new subie

lol i know of ya man, not that hard when its such a small community on this site :laugh: thanks for the input. i have a lot of thinking to do. its tough b/c i love my car to death.

yeah i can sympathize with ya, but the toughest part about it is that by next month, no matter which decision you make, you'll be regretting that decision. sucks but i bet you already know this. it's either going to be "damn i wish i got it while i had the chance and such a great deal" or "damn i wish i kept my old baby"

now just think... which one would you regret more? you only live once and some of these chances only come once, so.. if you ever played half life...

"time to choose"

lol, yeah rick? wasnt expecting you to try to switch me over.

shane - true. i just like that you dont see many 05's, aspen white for that matter. and your right, either way, ill be saying, "ahh i shoulda did that". the only good thing is, i still have like another 3 years of this style subie, so if i didnt buy now, im sure more big deals will be coming up in the future anyway.

if i can swap over most my stuff (well, turbo crap mainly), i might be sold on switching.

joe, by switching you over, i might be able to get a good deal on some parts!

ya wanna know what we should do though, is before you trade your car in, swap the sti motor into my car, and drop my stage 2 wrx motor into the sti. the performance of my motor is about the same as a stock sti, at least it would be with an sti top mount on it (anything is better than a stock wrx one).

besides dealerships dont check that kind of thing when you do a trade. they just make sure the car is running and not falling to pieces.

in a few years, they will be worth what every other sti is worth in a few years, around 20k or so. either way, i'd end up paying the same amount, since my car in turn would be less valuable money wise.

i still go with my idea of swapping your sti motor into my car, and then putting my modded wrx motor into your sti.

a dealership wont be able to tell the difference offhand in their little overlook of the car for a trade in. especially with one as clean as yours, i doubt they would pop the hood.

after they tell you how much they will give you, let me know.

id love to have an sti motor in the wrx.

lol, i bet you would, but your forgetting its not just as simple as switching over the motor.

Archived