So...

Tubbith

I have decided that im going apply to my local police department. It is a carrer that i have always thought i would enjoy, and after some serious consideration, i decided i would rather enjoy my life, than be depressed and have a lot of money. I expect to get flammed for this decision b/c this is a car froum and most everyone here has had a bad experience with LEO. But its something i want to do and i think i will really enjoy.

After 2 year i want to try out for the SWAT team. I will also be trying to attend school when i can to complete my 4 year BS degree. When i get ready, i plan on applying to the FBI as a special agent.

Hope everyone can find it in their hearts to wish me luck. :blush:

hey man glad to hear you found something you want to do i still have not.. >_< ..lol i might not have had very good expiriences with cops but theres always them few cool ones :thumbsup: so good luck and being on a swat team would be badass :devil:

Thanks bud. I think the swat team would be awsome, and will lead me to hopefully being on the FBI HRT. (google it)

You will find something you want to do in life.. it may just take time. Im 21 and i went to college a year before i graduated HS. I should be getting ready to be done with college, but due to the fact that i have no idea what i wanted to do in life, until the other day, i am still at least 2 years away.

good luck with that! if you wanted to be certain to get in, you could always come up here & apply. Durham is in such desperate need of cops right now it's not even funny. They're offering to waive low level felonies at the moment just to recruit anyone. They had a huge overhaul and fired over half their force a couple of years ago when there was a massive internal investigation. They never managed to make the numbers back up.

I considered going into the police. I wanted to go mounted or K9. cops & military are in my blood and every man in my mom's side of the family has been either one or the other, or both. Unfortunately when I applied, they required a year of naturalization since I'd been overseas and now I don't really want to do it anymore. Well, I take that back. I do want to do it, but I don't think I could hack it anymore. make sense?

i'm taking the LE route as well, right after I get out of the military (which i haven't joined yet lol. that comes either this summer or next.)

i don't know what i will do first, but i plan on eventually becoming either a DEA or ATF special agent. Federal LE is awesome :thumbsup:

Good luck buddy!

I <3 Cops.

Seriously.

I don't get why people hate them. Don't drive like a weiner and you're golden.

Truth. They're just doing a job. Sure, some of them can be pricks, but also consider that they deal with punk kids often.

A roomie of mine in college wanted to go a similar route as you are describing. He was going to college in criminal justice to get a job in the FBI. He got his degree only to find out that unless he had previous law enforcement experience all he could hope for was pushing papers at the FBI. So he got a job on the Columbus PD. He gave up his FBI dreams cause he makes so much more money walking a beat then he could hope to make as an entry level FBI detective.

BTW, is your history clean? Not just legal issues, but anything related to your past? Two past co-workers of mine were considered for secure government jobs in the FBI/CIA. About 5 years ago one was deemed a security threat and didn't get the job because his roommate and best friend through college (10 years earlier) was the son of a Jehovah's Witness. Witnesses were classified as a religious extremist group at that time. The other was a guy I hired to work for me when I ran the business. We had to divulge his personal employment file to the FBI investigators and it was chock full with write ups and admonishments about his excessive alcohol problem. The investigator commented that depending on what job he was applying for that histories of alcohol abuse will prevent people for gaining positions of ether high-stress or that utilize firearms and weapons.

Soooo happpppy for you :D I've already said this to you hehe

yaaay! You'll be a great cop! I'm very happy you have figured out what you wanna do :D Hope it all works out fast for you :D Plus, nobody will mess with you or your family!

Also, I like cops. I'm sooo glad to see lots of cops on the streets when I drive, because I know if anything happens around me, there are cops around to run to help! :D (especially true when I lived in Los Angeles)

I just found out that my work place pays (same money that I get paid for work now) for fire fighter training after 6 months of working here, so I think I wanna do it! I would love to have action at work and help people :D

gl :D yaaaaaaay! :D

Archived