HF Shirts

TS John

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I LOVE classic rock....

Yeah, in case you don't remember, when we exchanged cars and you and Andy were talkin' classic rock you turned to me and asked me that exact question with that exact inflection.

hahahaha I almost got two people arrested during the meet, so the parade one would remind lol

Lina, just remember that one of those people was yourself...

Update:

Washing the shirts tonight now that the paint has had long enough to set in them. Then I can paint the quotes on them this week (I'm pretty sure I'll have time). After that I'll iron the paint again and wash them again, prolly this weekend, and they'll be ready for stage three (putting the nicknames on the back).

Unless ya'll are getting impatient and you want me to go for the stage three weight reduction (leaving the names off).

• 2 weeks later...

These shirts are getting expensive...

I'm gonna try to sort them out this weekend. I'm putting my foot down on it. Every time I do something else instead of add the quotes and nicknames. Not gonna happen anymore. Git 'ir done...

Repsol, Kegger, Sarah, and Lina will get a different type of shirt because I can't find ones to match the type I did the rest on. Plus the girls are girls, and therefore need a sexier shirt to compliment their figures...

So I just ironed on the names on the back of the shirts. Sorry, but I just used iron on printer paper for that because the iron on letters for sports jerseys were wicked expensive. Like, 5 bucks per alphabet expensive. Oh well, they look ok...

I'm gonna paint the quotes on the 5 that I have right now. That's Rick, Ryan, Rob, Drew, and Trepid. The rest of you will have to wait till I get the other shirts for it.

The design for the other shirts will be white on black, no nickname on the back. I don't like the nickname on the girls' shirts anyway, so... It'll just have the HF logo and a quote under it in white. I think they'll look good.

Pics next time I post, with the completed shirts. They'll be a little idiosyncratic, but that's because each one is different and I hadn't really perfected my methods before making them this way. That just adds character, I guess.

1004081834.jpg

1004081834a.jpg

1004081835.jpg

This one got a bit of paint spattered on it. My bad. Adds character.

1004081835a.jpg

1004081835b.jpg

The shirts are done. All I need to do is let them dry and then iron the paint one more time so it's set in the fabric.

They're a little sketchier than I'd like, but then again, so is HF...

Next batch of shirts should happen soonish, but I gotta get off my bum and buy them first.

Thanks, Ryan, I'm glad you like them.

Ashley, why you gotta be negative like that? For the record, I've used that paper to do an iron on that I wear (and consequently wash) all the time and they haven't faded or yellowed at all.

I've never met Nancy...

Ashley, why you gotta be negative like that? For the record, I've used that paper to do an iron on that I wear (and consequently wash) all the time and they haven't faded or yellowed at all.

It wasn't meant to offend you, John, as it seems like you've put some effort into the shirts. However, iron-ons tend to fade and yellow after quite a few wears and washes.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update: I'll be going to mail the shirts that I have done (the 5 pictured in this thread) today after work. I'll be mailing them USPS to the addresses ya'll provided me with. I'll also be picking up some fabric spraypaint to make the last batch of shirts for Kegger, Sarah, Dylan, and Lina, so hopefully I'll get off my butt and crank them out this weekend too.

I hope the HF logos on the front of the first 5 shirts hold up well since I used engine paint instead of fabric paint. It looks like it will but who knows? To be safe, I would caution everyone to wash them inside out, and if you can, in cold water. Dryers are fine but don't iron (not that I honestly think any of you iron your clothes).

Archived