I switched to the dark side

And yes while I used to be in that field and am not currently I would still bet dollars to donuts I know more than you and that's not being cocky so don't be a weiner next time.

Ooo, I love flame wars and bets about things that people have no clue about. Hold on here....How much money do you have? I have a dozen donuts.

OK. I'm ready.

I have four other systems in the house and two servers that are all PC. I like them all. On a whim I bought a 24" iMac. So far I like it more then any of the PC's. My next machine will likely be a new Mac Pro for the wife. She really likes the iMac and it's a pain getting her away from it so I can use my own computer. Although a nice shiney quadcore with dual sli video cards is beckoning. I would love to build it but so far I can't find a game I like that would justify spending that kind of money.

Kastigar: You realize that OSX is Linux right? They stopped using a straight unix core some time ago and the entire OSX line is a custom Linux disto.

You can debate all you want on a Pc versus mac or windows vs mac OS but the fact of the matter is it all comes down to the computer is only as good as the user.

I hope that last part of your statement had nothing to do with operating systems. Microsoft has always taken from Apple's operating systems (from the days when Gates originally stole the system from Jobs), but has yet to make one as stable.

My computer is faster than all of yours! Muahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

muahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

muahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

mahaha..haha...haha..muahah

haha

ha

ha

200px-Drevil_million_dollars.jpg

Looks nice. I might be heading that way cause Windows = Fail.... and they are slowing trying to get everybody to convert over to vista.

I will buy a mac before I go to vista. The only thing I am worried about is I play a bunch of pc games old and current. How would that work on a mac? Not trying to steal the thread.

I always loved the start up time and quickness of my friends mac.

My computer is faster than all of yours! Muahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

muahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

muahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

mahaha..haha...haha..muahah

haha

ha

ha

200px-Drevil_million_dollars.jpg

^^^

Oh really what do you have?

Welcome to the club!

I've had my Macbook since '06 and still runs like a champ with 10,000 songs, 2 movies, 10 tv shows, 3000 pics, and a million other things intstalled. Next summer I'm gonna get the Macbook Pro 15" just for baller status haha...

Very good decision, Mac>PC any day.

Looks nice. I might be heading that way cause Windows = Fail.... and they are slowing trying to get everybody to convert over to vista.

I will buy a mac before I go to vista. The only thing I am worried about is I play a bunch of pc games old and current. How would that work on a mac? Not trying to steal the thread.

I always loved the start up time and quickness of my friends mac.

My buddies dad has 2 Mac Desktops and somehow installed windows on both of them. The only reason is for business and my buddies little brother and his PC computer games. All you have to do is boot it up, click on an icon, and the entire screen changes to Windows XP. It's so sweet.

My buddies dad has 2 Mac Desktops and somehow installed windows on both of them. The only reason is for business and my buddies little brother and his PC computer games. All you have to do is boot it up, click on an icon, and the entire screen changes to Windows XP. It's so sweet.

Yes, you can run Windows on a Mac. I haven't played with it, but have been told that it runs more stable on Mac hardware. Although, as Gary said, there's boot camp for Leopard (http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/bootcamp.html)

Yes, you can run Windows on a Mac. I haven't played with it, but have been told that it runs more stable on Mac hardware. Although, as Gary said, there's boot camp for Leopard (http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/bootcamp.html)

Without knowing for sure I would say this is false. Windows stability has very little to do with hardware, and more to do with the crappy code in which it is written. I could be wrong though. perhaps OSX has better instructions for handling the memory allocations. I'll just say this though, stability has more to do with the user than the machine. I ran WinXP Home for 8 years, before I had to format and reinstall. Most people can't make the same claim.

Actually, tis true.

Vista, specifically, runs more stable on a Mac then on a PC. The stability is derived from the drivers. On a PC windows instability comes from needing a system that can work with 23098749283749 combinations of hardware that can be contrived, as well as allowing for newer equipment in the future. For a Mac the drivers are finite and do not have to be compatible with other hardware, since you can't really install anything in a mac.

You can install windows via boot camp (provided with all new macs) and install it on a second partition. It runs 100% natively without using a compatibility mode but you have to reboot to get to it. But files can be copied back and forth from one partition to the other. You can install it through parallels and it will run in a emulation window. Reduced speed but you can run something close to 90% of windows programs right from your OSX desktop.

The MacBook Air is only really worth it if you're a business guy who travels a lot. The normal MacBook has a faster processor, it only has 1 usb port, and no optical drive.

Archived