I just picked up an 02 RSX type-S!

alex37211

I may just sell it as-is and let some one else try and fix it. I'm not sure yet. It's just body damage and a radiator core support.

It seems to have been side swiped or put in a wall on the interstate or something. I'm just glad the bags didn't pop.

BTW, if anyone is interested, I'd sell it as-is for $5,500. Or after I have it fixed, probably $9k. KBB value is $10,700 in good condition.

07965448_1X-1.jpg

07965448_2X.jpg

07965448_3X.jpg

07965448_4X.jpg

07965448_8X.jpg

07965448_5X.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if you fix it up, you might be able to get 9k for it....

as it sits though.... I wouldn't pay $1,000 for it, I don't care how well the engine runs, or what was told about the damage.. that still a lot of work, time, effort and $$ to dump into that

While they're nice when they're stock/modded, that one I wouldn't even think twice about buying >.<

Hopefully you can restore it back to the way it looked (or better), and you enjoy it, otherwise, good luck selling it.

you should save the engine, sell the shell and use the money from that sale to swap everything into your honda. a k20a2 alone goes for 4k at the cheapest.

edit- you can even pull the complete suspension and sell that alone for like $1000, an em2 or ep3 enthusiast that wants to convert to 5 lug would be all over that.

You guys got the world exclusive so far. The car is supposed to be dropped off today. The shipping company has been taking their sweet time about delivering it. It was supposed to be Thursday! I'm waiting for the truck from Atlanta (I'm in Nash. TN).

These pics are the only ones I've seen so far too. It did have "run and drive verification" from the insurance auction. When it gets here, I'll post some more detailed pics of the engine bay and maybe a video of it running or something. There's a similar one on ebay with front impact damage and both air bags popped ($1,000) and it's got a price of like $5900. The ad looks a little sketchy because they don't show a pic from the angle of the worst of the damage (front passenger) they show the other 3 corners. Sketchy ebay junkyards! I bet that suspension is bent to hell. The axle may have even been shoved into the tranny. I've seen that before.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...856227&rd=1

If it actually sells, I'll just sell mine on ebay and get like an 06' or something. One with the K20Z1.

02-04 is better overall than the drive by wire cars. drive by wire = no good imo.

Did the 05+ use DbW? I did a little search and found this guy who says it doesn't.

http://www.superhonda.com/forum/f22/what-y...ve-wire-312463/

Then I looked at some reviews and found this:

Drivetrain Technology

Drivetrain available -front-drive

All-wheel steering -Not available

Steer by wire -Not available

Brake by wire -Standard

Drive by wire -Standard

Now when it says "drive" by wire, does that mean throttle!?!?!?

That bastard towing company FINALY brought the sex. It looks better than I was expecting (the front of it anyways).

The side is definitely gonna need a cut. Oh and I didn't notice before, but I gotta get the damn windshield replaced. The radiator and condenser aren't even broken! I'll need a radiator support, re-bar, body parts, etc. If anyone has anything I can use, feel free to PM me. Check out these pics!

IMG_6154.jpg

IMG_6172.jpg

IMG_6171.jpg

IMG_6159.jpg

I think the guy that was driving had a milkshake or something when he wrecked and apparently had a whole lot of change close-by too, cause there is about $1 worth of change stuck to the driver's door. I'm already making money! :D

IMG_6166.jpg

That bastard towing company FINALY brought the sex. It looks better than I was expecting (the front of it anyways).

I think the guy that was driving had a milkshake or something when he wrecked and apparently had a whole lot of change close-by too, cause there is about $1 worth of change stuck to the driver's door. I'm already making money! :D

IMG_6166.jpg

^^ I love how you said that first sentence. lol FINALLY brought the sex... lol

Also I love how that change is stuff to the side of the door like that. That is sweet.

You bought the car and it is starting to pay you back.......In change....LOL.

Well I just snatched up another rsx. This one one will be used for parts to fix the other one. It's way cheaper than buying all the parts (I'll actually make money on it in the end). It's not a type-s though. But it is a 5-speed! Anyone want a K20A3 swap?

08290045b.jpg

08290045d.jpg

HOLY SH*T i just noticed you live in nashville... what part? i go downtown all the time when i am home.. do you ever go to the import meets out at the titans stadium?

HOLY SH*T i just noticed you live in nashville... what part? i go downtown all the time when i am home.. do you ever go to the import meets out at the titans stadium?

Are they doing that again? I thought we were banned. Did they change their minds? When is the last time you saw a meet their? btw, i'm in antioch.

Are they doing that again? I thought we were banned. Did they change their minds? When is the last time you saw a meet their? btw, i'm in antioch.

Oh i didnt know it was banned, i went down there last time i was home in feb. there were like 200+ cars out there.. I didnt have a car then so i went in my moms 04 pontiac bonniville SSEI supercharged, and that thing is a little beast, lol... i was driving it the whole time i was home.

My dad has a friend that lives in antioch, its like a 5-8 minute drive from my exit in murfreesboro to the antioch exit

Oh i didnt know it was banned, i went down there last time i was home in feb. there were like 200+ cars out there.. I didnt have a car then so i went in my moms 04 pontiac bonniville SSEI supercharged, and that thing is a little beast, lol... i was driving it the whole time i was home.

My dad has a friend that lives in antioch, its like a 5-8 minute drive from my exit in murfreesboro to the antioch exit

my friend has a supercharged bonniville as well. It is pretty quick but my friends subaru legacy is quite fast.

So alex, what are the plans for the motor in the type s rsx?

my friend has a supercharged bonniville as well. It is pretty quick but my friends subaru legacy is quite fast.

Yes yes it is, the 2004 is dead even with the new Si... in 3rd the Si pulls to about 2 or 3 cars, then at about 80 - 130 the bonni pulls right back up to the door, and both top out at 130 governed... i tried it when i was home, raced my home boys 08 Si.. it was FUN FUN FUN

So alex, what are the plans for the motor in the type s rsx?

Well I've got the type s up on the rack as we speak. It's being repaired. I got the quarter panel skin and left door put on from the other rsx and ordered a fender, front bumper, rebar, and headlights. $545 just for those parts I ordered. I'm so glad I got that parts car. Those doors alone, I've seen for $400 a piece. And the quarter panel would have easily run me $500.

Archived