I just picked up an 02 RSX type-S!

alex37211

Here is the parts car all helpless, naked, and used

IMG_6212.jpg

And here's the Type S looking like a car again. I just ordered a new fender, hood, and headlights.

IMG_6216.jpg

I was just informed I'll need to replace a spindle and it's different on the type s. :mad:

But it's all good, my boy is parting a type S out so he's hooking me up. $50 :thumbsup:

I'm about to siphon the gas out of that parts rsx. There's almost a full tank! That's like $40+ worth of fuel!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But it's all good, my boy is parting a type S out so he's hooking me up. $50 :thumbsup:

I'm about to siphon the gas out of that parts rsx. There's almost a full tank! That's like $40+ worth of fuel!

Thats a good grab :thumbsup:

lmao @ the gas, how much is it in TN now, like $4 a gallon?

• 3 weeks later...
Congrats, Alex, it appears to be going well!

awe shucks embarrasedsmiley.gif...thanks!

Well this baby just got a fresh coat today.

IMG_6325.jpg

IMG_6328.jpg

And check out these sweet ITR look-a-like ebay headlights! They are "DEPO" which is actually a decent brand. $160 shipped for the pair! (Beats the $125 a piece for foggy or hazy used ones)

IMG_6326.jpg

IMG_6327.jpg

Spankin' spoiler!

IMG_6329.jpg

Now I just gotta get that quarter glass in there and get a windshield and I'll be rollin' clean. 8)

Christmas? eek7wtfsmiley.gif

It's gonna be done by this weekend.

HELL YEAH!!! maybe we could have a little meet when i get home on RNR during christmas and if zong is out and about i MIGHT be able to talk him into bringing out the R33 :devil:

oh ma gauh, you nailed it! That's exactly it! I'm just too money for my clothes! I tried to explain that to ppl but they just didn't get why I gotta stay naked. I'm glad you understand. :p

omg, you nailed it! That's exactly it! I'm just too money for my clothes! I tried to explain that to ppl but they just didn't get why I gotta stay naked. I'm glad you understand. :p

Oh, I totally understand! I'm sorry to hear you're surrounded by people who simply cannot accept that. :( lol

Oh, I totally understand! I'm sorry to hear you're surrounded by people who simply cannot accept that. :( lol

Ashley, you know how it is for ppl like us.... for the beautiful ones.....it's a hard knock life. :D

Ashley, you know how it is for ppl like us.... for the beautiful ones.....it's a hard knock life. :D

......oh no he dit int.....

LOL.... i know, i know... people think everything comes easy to us because of our beauty, but if only they knew. :laugh:

i don't know if i missed it, but was there frame damage?

LOL.... i know, i know... people think everything comes easy to us because of our beauty, but if only they knew. :laugh:

i don't know if i missed it, but was there frame damage?

There was just a smigit but it didn't go more than about 5 inches back from the rebar. It was bent over a few inches and we pulled it back straight. It really doesn't make a difference as long as it's in front of the front wheels. That part is just there to hold things in place like the core support and rebar. You could sawzall that part off about a foot back and still not affect the way it drives. It's only between the wheels where frame damage becomes a headache because they can never really get it as perfect as it was and there can be alignment issues among other things. :crazy:

There was just a smigit but it didn't go more than about 5 inches back from the rebar. It was bent over a few inches and we pulled it back straight. It really doesn't make a difference as long as it's in front of the front wheels. That part is just there to hold things in place like the core support and rebar. You could sawzall that part off about a foot back and still not affect the way it drives. It's only between the wheels where frame damage becomes a headache because they can never really get it as perfect as it was and there can be alignment issues among other things. :crazy:

Yeah, from the before pictures I expected you to have some frame damage in that area. I must have missed the post about having it on the rack :p I don't care for the RSX, but you're doing a great job fixing it up. If I had the spare cash laying around, I'd pick up some cheap cars and do the same to resell lol.

Those lazy bastard glass installers are taking the weekend off for the 4th of July. I gotta wait until Monday now! :dry:

btw, I hope everyone has a safe and pleasant Independence day weekend. :happy:

man thats gotta be great to have a garage and the money to just buy an rsx type s all smashed up and just restore it...while im working on a gravel drive way...but its not about me its about the car right

You aren't a mack till you've got a pit in your garage like super-lube.

We have 2 frame machines, a lift, and a paint booth. That's about mack status. :p

I got my glass in today! banana1655.gif

IMG_6331.jpg

IMG_6332.jpg

Yeah baby! :D

IMG_6333.jpg

Archived