tattoos

Sapphyre

So Chris and I have an appointment set up with an artist from Tattoo Zoo in the next couple of weeks- Chris is getting his back piece finished up and the start of his belt piece done. It'll be my first time meeting Neil but he's said that if i want something done to bring in some photos of things I like and he'll draw a piece up for me. Issue is however, that what I want, I can't have.

Because Chris is going into a business that requires one to look presentable, clean and well-put together, I can't get the half-sleeve I'd originally planned for. Nor can I get the thigh piece I'd wanted. Nor can I get my collar/chest piece either. Basically, I can't have any skin that will show in an evening gown/daily attire tattooed. So you'd think the simple option is to get something like my hips, side of my ribs or somewhere like that done. Issue is that we're planning on having kids in the next 5 years. Hips & ribs aren't going to go back to what they were after kids which will leave the tattoo distorted and funky. I kind of liked the idea of having of having a belt piece done, but it's not really practical considering half of it will probably get cut out after we have kids because I'm definitely planning on a tummy tuck if I need one.

So where can I put it?

I'm pretty sure that I want 2 swallows/birds holding an anchor with a confederate flag swirling around it, done in the traditional/old school style. The birds represent my uncle and grandfather who've passed away and the anchor represents Chris because that's what he is to me. The flag is just because I grew up in the south, and its what I identify most with. I figure I can easily add onto it later when we have kids by placing nautical stars around the birds- one for each child. I'd like to also get a cat & a horse somewhere, at some point but i guess they'll have to wait. I originally planned to have small black silhouettes of them on each ankle.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel that you shouldnt get it done in a place to dont really want it. I understand the whole i have to be professional thing, but i am one of those people who isnt really too concerned with what others think. But i dont not have a paycheck this is based on these same people.

With that said, it sounds like you need to with until after the kiddies. Nothing worse than a tat that doesnt look like it supposed to.

I am not waiting for another 5 years or more for the tattoo. I've already waited for 4 because I never had enough money at one time to get it done. I'm not really too bothered about where it goes- I just want it on me somewhere already. I just can't think of anywhere else to put it where it won't get damaged too badly.

just get what you want and cover it with clothing. if you get a sleeve (which would be f'n sweet, btw) you would just have to wear something to cover your arm if it absolutely needs to be covered. one of the ladies i got a tattoo from had like 70 tattoos. u couldnt find one of them, except the one that was inside her ear (ouch!).

Hi,

You could have the tattoo placed just above your butt. (The small of the back).

I live in Florida and I have noticed that plenty of women have tattoos in this area.

I not really sure if the small of the back is greatly affected when you have children.

:thumbsup:

Case in point.

If the girl bent over had a sleeve of some sort.. mm mm mm! Bitch is gorgeous. Lulz.

Sleeve girl is relatively hot though. I'd hit it haaaaaard.

725cd22f.jpg

Another, just cause.

1a8db808.jpg

Shame it's only a 3/4 sleeve lol.

why can't you get the "thigh piece" you have wanted?

You won't be wearing very short skirts around Chris' business people anyway so it works!

EDIT: all these tattoo threads make me want to go get the small pink heart next to my belly ring!

Because it wouldn't be just a small thing on my upper thigh- it was going to be a full hip to knee thigh piece. And Chris hates it.

I can't find a better picture of it right now but it was going to be a bunch of Vince Ray's art work. "Man's Ruin" was going to be the main piece of it though

RAY37.jpg

the half sleeve I wanted was another VR piece- "Dead and Buried"

jpeg1144467763.jpg

as for the one I'm currently planning I want these incorporated in it:

either these birds:

bird_tattoo_by_lil_devil0569_500.jpg

or the swallow in the lower right hand corner (without the decoration around it)

Vintage_Tattoo_Flash_by_psycho1210.jpg

with the anchor in the lowest right hand corner, but instead of the rope, it'll be a flag

istockphoto_5056732_design_elements.jpg

the whole professionalism thing needs to get lost. just cuz you got tattoos or piercings dosent mean you cant get the job done just as good if not better. iv got a total of 11 piercings and i get lookd at like a damn freak or something. iv been wanting to get some tattoos as well but they so expensive. plus im still debating on what to get. i know i wanna get miss Bettie Page tattooed on me as well as my name in japanese on my left forearm then something on the back of my arm then a japanese dragon weaving in and out of the lettering. im also debating getting a nautile star with my friends initials in it since he passed away not long ago. btw women with sleeves are damn fine

Either put it where originally planned, or wait it out until after you're finished having kids. Unless you go through removal, you're going to have it for the rest of your life, so waiting another five years shouldn't matter.

Tramp stamp FTL.

I have a tattoo on each forearm, one on my right inner ankle, and two on my chest. Next up is one on my left wrist, and after that either my left bicep or left inner ankle (depending on if I get it done before or after my sister's wedding next year). You do what you have to do, and cover them up when you really need to. Yes, wearing long sleeves in the middle of summer in order to go to work sucks (haven't had to deal with that in quite some time, but probably will have to again come fall-ish), but so be it. Otherwise, use tattoo cover-up. I have yet to try it, but have heard good word of mouth.

My swallows (Sailor Jerry-style. SJ > *):

post-938-1211689606.jpg

Everyone is getting swallows and stars. I don't understand it much, especially the nautical star.

The main thing I consider when I see a girl with tats is how would she look in a formal dress. Random crap all over isn't appealing. Designs on the lower back have to be good and the dress has to compliment the shape of it, sleeves are hot (hypocritical of me but hey). If she can wear a formal dress and look good then its all good.

Before you hate on me for hating, see my avatar. I have that on my upper back.

Everyone is getting swallows and stars. I don't understand it much, especially the nautical star.

The main thing I consider when I see a girl with tats is how would she look in a formal dress. Random crap all over isn't appealing. Designs on the lower back have to be good and the dress has to compliment the shape of it, sleeves are hot (hypocritical of me but hey). If she can wear a formal dress and look good then its all good.

Before you hate on me for hating, see my avatar. I have that on my upper back.

lol, i've got nautical stars on my forearms, they've been there since a week after i graduated high school. aside from a love of old school (with a bit of new school thrown in the mix) work, my tattoos tend to have a lot of irony.

"random crap all over isn't appealing". true story. the worst thing ever when it comes to tattoos (even worse than the tramp stamp and butterflies) is when people mix designs.

i look good in everything. :sleep2:

I was talking about how EVERYONE is getting them now. Most can't even being to tell you what they mean.

Ray Charles could tell you look good in everything, that doesn't require vision.

I was talking about how EVERYONE is getting them now. Most can't even being to tell you what they mean.

True, true. But... they look so pretty, and that Tila Tequila chick has nautical stars :rolleyes: Lame.

Ray Charles could tell you look good in everything, that doesn't require vision.

:laugh:8)

Archived