The Final Decision

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its not even hard 90 , do it yourself. just time consuming. get sandpaper from 220 to about 2000 , and go at it till there smooth. than buff them with mothers alluminum polish. if you wanted to , after buffing is complete , clean them real good , and clearcoat them. cause naked alluminum is no good really , very high maintainance.

ummm yeah?

I hate chrome lipped rims with black inlays. I'd prefer either straight black, or straight chrome. Thx.

Yea, look at my truck m'kay. Chrome all the way.

i dunno how you'd do that.... cause you want it shiny, and not rough....

but then again, when you color sand base coat, then clear it, it shows up shiny, and not dull.....

humm.....

I think that's because the clear fills in the minor scratches from the color sanding on the base coat. I wonder if it would do the same on polishing if you stopped at a lower grit.....(does that make sense?)

alluminum same pyro have seen it done. it conducts electricity fine. obviously. and you guys are right , i didnt explain good enough. you cant clear the wheels after sanding them with that fine of paper. if your gonna clear them , the clear your using will specify up to how high a grit it will stick too , but a good rule of thumb is 800. no higher than 800. and your right hung , clearcoat will fill in the 800 scratches. its best to bake them as well , cause clear coat actually flows after its applied. plus baking it makes for a much more durable finish. they wont chip as easy. and if they do get chips , sections of paint wont fall off , it will stay a chip.

Archived