The Final Decision

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

atta boy 90 , finish what you started man , its the only way to live. you can always sell it or piece it off later if you wish. you wont lose money really so dont panic. good luck dude. remember what i told you , dont listen to the guys that tell you to buy every little piece that you really dont need. stick with necessities and get the engine running , than go from there. thats why your spending so much , alot of stuff you really dont need , or simply arent worth the money vs. the gains.

I guess getting the head ported and polished instead of just getting a head that'll work. But you might as well get that done first, before you'd have to take it off and send it away and leave your car sitting while you waited.

i bought it like that....$500 so I thought it was a good deal.

the kid who sold it to me did crvtec in his sol w/ a B16 head instead of the GSR head, so that's why I got it....

other than that, I don't see what's unnecessary?

B18C1 Head that CAME ported/polished/vjob ($500)

JDM B18C Camshafts ($80 from Compuvision02)

All Ignition GSR Distributer ($150)

LSVTEC head work + oil line and fittings ($80)

OEM GSR Head Bolts (came w/ head, along w/ other hardware)

Megan Racing Header ($110 shipped, brand new)

I don't see what's not needed there....

Did you need to replace your block for this or is it just a head swap/VTEC conversion? I don't know how it all works so don't freak out, man.

I guess if you kept your old block you could have left your old header on there. But why not for 110 bucks? I'm just trying to play devil's advocate here...

i'm using my ls block, but i want a better header that won't restrict the air flow like the cheap one I bought.

P30 pistons, eagle rods, and new bearings and bolts will be up next after the lsvtec is completed....

if I found a B20 block for less than $300 in good condition i would buy that, but that's highly unlikely...

cause you cant run b16 pistons in it for one. than hed have to go out and buy a set of pistons. stick with LSVTEC. its healthier setup in the long run.

Or you could buy it and give it to Unpredictableacts. He wants to do a CRVTEC.

X2 I love the fact that I am trying to put to gether a nice cr vtec set up and then here "fuk the B20". Not what you want to hear when you are spending money on parts.....I could have gotten a LS block for like $80....but figure more diplacement /torque is really what i want.....I now this.....decisions.decisions.

Archived