The Final Decision

That thing is a beast and a half

Sound any different?

I know right.....uh well it sounds cam'd, and i can't floor it b/c i hit fuel cut. awesome.

How was it?

Chimara's new stuff is supposed to be tits... they are signed with ferret records now I thinki...

I saw dragonforce with between the buried and me and it was epic... they put on such an excellent show...

He Is Legend's new album is amazing too..

And Killswitch is Killswitch lol good stuff..

Anyway back on topic...

That BDL TB is bling...

And yeah, I deffinitly would want to wait and do things the right way/the way I would want them to be done..

Than have to throw something together that isnt exactly what you want and than have to go back and forth adding parts...

Good luck man

dude....it was sick.

He Is Legend was amazing as usual, Chimaira was good, but they had one song that was retarded called "Pure Hatred." All they said is "I HATE EVERYONE" over and over, i thought it sucked.

Dragonforce stole the show though, they didn't miss a beat, and i hate Killswitch, so we left.

aaaand about the waiting thing....i dunno it wouldn't take too long to get the stuff, but i just want to be done lol.

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well i just ordered LS Rods w/ pistons for $40 shipped lol, FTW.

Honda-tech Marketplace is great btw...

those will be going to the machine shop to get shotpeened, balanced, and have the big end fitted for the ARP Rod Bolts. They will be matched with USDM ITR Pistons (11.5:1)

can't wait.

well yeah...i'm sure someone can use stock LS rods, stock LS pistons, a complete B18A1 Head, etc.....

I just bought LS pistons so i can just use them and get them machined rather than have my car sit for a week w/o rods b/c they're getting the work done then.....

word.

If you have the BDL TB why dont you just use that on your LS VTEC setup, and if you have a fuel cut just stick that new fuel pump I saw in those pics on I installed my Walboro 255lb fuel pump in about an hour, alls you do is take your back seats out take off the metal plate disconnect the fuel lines going to the pump take it out of the tank take the pump out swap all the old crap onto the new one then wa la put it back in the tank and your good. Also though let your car sit for about 2 hours before you do it so when you disconnect the lines there not alot of pressure. And also after you put the new one back on before you put the metal plate back on have someone turn the battery on on your ignition have them turn on the battery and you will hear the pump turn on it will be loud have them turn it on until you hear the pump stop then have them turn it off and back on about 6 times thats how you check for leaks.

i was at matt's and he had extra fuses, i just forgot lol.....i'll do it tomorrow night.

i get to drive his Evo to school tomorrow and thursday b/c my car's not running right.

FTW.

you realize of course dan , that ITR pistons is not the ideal piston to run in that engine right? just to let you know. i dont know who told you they were , but B16 pistons are not only better for this application , they are cheaper too. even USDM B16 pistons give you higher compression ratio than ITR. your leaving yourself very little P t D clearance with ITR pistons , very little. run USDM B16 pistons dan , its the best choice.

also , you mentioned 11.5:1 ITR pistons? please explain? ITR's dont have 11.5:1. just wondering what you meant.

you realize of course dan , that ITR pistons is not the ideal piston to run in that engine right? just to let you know. i dont know who told you they were , but B16 pistons are not only better for this application , they are cheaper too. even USDM B16 pistons give you higher compression ratio than ITR. your leaving yourself very little P t D clearance with ITR pistons , very little. run USDM B16 pistons dan , its the best choice.

also , you mentioned 11.5:1 ITR pistons? please explain? ITR's dont have 11.5:1. just wondering what you meant.

huh, well that's good to know....i honestly don't remember where i saw the 11.5:1 CR from ITR Pistons, and I thought that sounded a tad high lol....so you want me to use P30 Pistons or are USDM B16 Pistons different? what's the CR w/ them? What would the CR be w/ the USDM ITR Pistons?

thanks for the info..... :crazy:

yeah USDM's are better cause you dont want your CR too high. JDM P30's will put you over 12:1 so the calc says. you dont want that. USDM type R is 10.8:1. JDM is like 11.3:1 so the calc says , i thought they were 11:1 even. thats prolly the pistons you were talking about dam , very close to 11.5 i guess , sorry bud.

point being is the compression height of the b16 piston is identical to B18A/B. which is what allows you to simply throw them into your B18A/B block.

Use B18C5 pistons.

B16's sit in the hole .014" and have a bigger dome (bad for flame travel). 12.23:1s

C5's only sit .004" in the hole and have a smaller dome (better for flame travel, you'll notice it doesn't take as much throttle to maintain speed when cruising). 11.95:1s

Running a cam as big as the M22X you still won't run into P-V problems.

ordered my gaskets/seals yesterday....

ordering my cam gears tomorrow.....going with MFactory Gold Cam-Gears

camgearsgold.jpg

$149.99 shipped on H-T FTW.

My throttle body still didn't come....i'm pissed.

5 MPG FTMFL.

:mad:

Archived