The Final Decision

Hell yea.. Clearcoat's a bitch to put on in a spraybooth. I had some that tried to form runs in the middle of painting the cab of my old Mustang. Base went on fine..I dunno what the f*ck happened to the clear.

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply
alluminum same pyro have seen it done. it conducts electricity fine.

were you talking about the powdercoat? it is hard to coat because it "gasses" out when heated, and opens up pores. you have to heat it, coat it (while hot) then bake it, and not let it get below a certain temp. If it does, you get bubbles, and pits.

Enginerebuild044.jpg

there is a pic of some chrome powder coat.

this wasn't sanded and buffed. straight out of the oven.

wow, i drove back from NYC and 2 pgs added!

word, i think i'm going to try Cranny/Hung/Pyro's method of sanding them down, clearing, and buffing the wheels....i love doing those types of projects, and so does Compuvision02 (Rob).

Tomorrow I'm ordering many many part, so check back!

Clearcoat? - I tend to shy away from using this because it only lasts so long, and even the best, most expensive brands are not quite 100.0% clear. In the past, I have successfully used Nyalic, which you can buy direct from the manufacturer, HBI, by calling 1-800-40-NYALIC or over the net at www.OrderNyalic.com. It is a clearcoat designed for aluminum and designed to withstand elevated temperatures and not turn yellow. It was fairly easy to use, but like I mentioned, it left the metal looking a lot LESS shiny than I prefer. Bottom Line: if you are looking for a low-maintenance, very good finish, use Nyalic - if you are looking for that mirror-like shine and willing to re-polish every once and a while, don't use a clearcoat.

just something I found when searching around today.....

thanks, but the website doesn't work.

WTF is up with HF today? it's soooo slow and broken.

oh well, i did this after my 8 am class....

Ipod Stand

100_0274.jpg

New WORKING Trunk Hydraulics courtesy of GSRCRX

100_0276.jpg

JDM Rear Wiper Delete Plug

100_0277.jpg

I also ordered a Blox Intake Manifold

BXIM-10100.jpg

I went to the speed shop and my Walbro Fuel Pump install kit is coming in tomorrow, then i'm sending my throttle body away to maxbore.com to get ported to 62MM and refurbished, and lastly i'm ordering this chipped P28 and OBD0-OBD-1 MPFI Conversion harness kit from JK-Tuning

Next week i won't have much money, but might be able to squeeze in an ITR oil pump and GSR Timing Belt Kit....we'll see

well mine was listed as for a EG Civic, but I bought it anyway b/c I couldnt find one for my car and it fits perfectly as you can see.....shed some pounds too b/c i took the wiper motor out and trashed it lol, now i'll really feel vtack kick in.

Wiper Delete Plug

$21.00 + shipping

but it's worth it b/c it makes your car look sooo much cleaner from the back.

it blends in nicely if you dont look for it you know?

Got some stuff in....

100_0318.jpg

3" downpipe

100_0326.jpg

100_0324.jpg

My stash

100_0328.jpg

ordering all gaskets and seals on thursday.....$250 arg

also ordering Conversion Harness and Chipped P28 ECU for chrome on friday....

if i can scrap together $110 after that, then the LS TB away to get ported to 62MM and refurbished.....maxbore.com FTW.

Archived