Gaskets and Seals

100_0681.jpg

still need a head gasket, head bolts, and vtec solinoid gasket

Just picked up some Si wheels....other 2 are in my frozen shut trunk

100_0680.jpg

j-k-tuning chipped P28 ecu + obd-1 conversion harness-$255

Mfactory Cam Gears-$150

timing belt kit-$150

head gasket-$66 (10% over cost from Honda)

IACV-$100

Head Bolts-$8 each

Spark Plugs-$15

Plug Wires-i dunno, $60?

think that's it....getting there....

Harry- yeah, next week....see how they look....

John- uhh, looking for about 10 more than a gsr....got the port/polish/3-angle valve job, blox intake manifold, and a tune should be pretty nice....especially on a b17 trans w/ a 8 lb flywheel....

maybe 180 to the crank....the actual motor build won't be happening for a while b/c i have better things to spend money on.

I put the TB on today....runs better, but idle's at 3000 rpm's now....wtf.

didn't do that before....

Cranny help me out!!!!

King Koopa- exactly.

Rob- Seriously, you and Jaime FTW.

yeah i already set it to factory settings.....you think the ECU just needs to re-learn this TB? orrr....there's a check valve on the TB, if that's installed backwards could that be the problem?

you sure everything is hooked up correctly dan? if it is and its acting like a weiner , you may have to adjust the idle , haha. i know mycar , ive said never touch the idle screw , but for certain things , it must be changed. that TB is letting more air through now so. take your itake off dan , and look at the butterfly valve when its closed all the way , is it shut all the way? if the throttle body is closing all the way , than just adjust your idle dude using idle screw. your car should idle at 750-800. the throttle body is altered , therefore its settings must be also , to put it simply.

j-k-tuning chipped P28 ecu + obd-1 conversion harness-$255

Mfactory Cam Gears-$150

timing belt kit-$150

head gasket-$66 (10% over cost from Honda)

IACV-$100

Head Bolts-$8 each

Spark Plugs-$15

Plug Wires-i dunno, $60?

think that's it....getting there....

I'd just get a street tune, atleast, just so your car is running good for what modifications you are running. He will most likely just chip you and hook you up with a base map for something similar for that price. I believe an extra $100 gets you a street tune and $200-250 for a dyno tune. I'm actually going to go Evans-Tuning for my turbo build, but I trusted him with my all motor build. If you've ever seen Whiplash videos, he is the Civic hatch that is always in it, so obviously he tunes it well enough to get the freaking piss beat out of it for stupid things without it dying, should be able to make it reliable to go down the track and daily drive. He has a LS turbo EK hatch which he dailys and a turbo B16 (I think) EG that is his race car.

ha well i'm getting the dyno tune right afterwards just to be safe.

the P28 comes chipped w/ crome, so i'm gonna use that program.

That bolt should be under his CRX, we just couldn't get to it b/c of the snowww

well next up is either the mfactory cam gears or j-k-tuning package depending on my money situation....

i had to cut my hours at work b/c my grades were slipping.....sooo now i have no money.

Archived