Whuuuuuhh?

Humphries

i get paid 15 and hour and i'm just an intern

Thats nice. I get paid 15 and I didn't go to college and I started this job only 5 months ago.

oh, and I will be promoted to line supervisor in a few months. my boss is training me to take over

college wins

Usually, but not always. Especially in IT. Not one of our engineers have a college degree. I'm salary at around 25hr and I am the lowest paid guy in my company. Most are younger then I am and make near double what I do.

A network 'engineer' does not require a college degree, they are all certified by their representative organizations products they are working with. Cisco, Proliant, Sonicwall, Procurve, Microsoft and the like. Like I said, IT is a completely different beast in the world of work.

Usually, but not always. Especially in IT. Not one of our engineers have a college degree. I'm salary at around 25hr and I am the lowest paid guy in my company. Most are younger then I am and make near double what I do.

yeah my buddy is in the same boat. He basically self taught himself everything and is the only IT (network administrator) for his company video link and manages 3 offices. It's insane how much responsibility he has. He gets about 25/hr as well and got the job when he was 20 or 21 I think..

Well without my college degree i was making 20-23 bucks an hour and with my degree now, since i dont pay myself,....i make 31.00 an hour + Commission.....you do the math....i think thats a pretty good jump for a degree thats all paid for and no outstanding student loans....but thats just me.... :laugh:

I was thinking more along the lines of your other forums are full of gumdrops and fairies.

Come on, you have been a member of this site for long enough to know what kind of crummy response you were going to get. Our harassment is a sign of our affection.

boast much?

1) yes i am quite happy I will have a mechanical engineering degree at 21 and have already worked at companies such as BMW and Navistar and will hopefully have a very fun job in research and development by summer.. and I know other people can make $$ (such as javy has said) without a degree.. but he also says quite often how tired and overworked he is.. the jobs I want require a degree.. so I got one.. after I start a job I will probably get my masters.. just because I can

2) thats the first time i've said something such as that on this forum.. and i'm not the one who made an entire thread about how much I get paid

seems as if diablo always has something negative to say when i make a post... good thing i dont really know him or care what he thinks :)

and I thought people were being nice.. no pizza comments or anything

1) yes i am quite happy I will have a mechanical engineering degree at 21 and have already worked at companies such as BMW and Navistar and will hopefully have a very fun job in research and development by summer.. and I know other people can make $ (such as javy has said) without a degree.. but he also says quite often how tired and overworked he is.. the jobs I want require a degree.. so I got one.. after I start a job I will probably get my masters.. just because I can

seems as if diablo always has something negative to say when i make a post... good thing i dont really know him or care what he thinks :)

1) happy for ya but honestly dont really care.

2) i speak my mind, its my personality, when someone does something that i think is stupid ill tell you. Now go ahead and correct my grammar and spelling mistakes, i'd really appreciate it. :D

ive never corrected grammar/spelling mistakes on this forum? why would i start now?

and I was pointing out the fact that you say something about me when I said something like that ONCE (and not to mention its a well known fact college education will normally get you a better job).. but not the guy who starts an entire thread about a promotion and has made MULTIPLE threads/comments about jobs/pay etc etc.. or anyone else saying how much they make.. so its not speaking your mind.. its being a dork towards me

yes he created a thread, this forum is slow as sh!t so its not a big deal, then you came out of nowhere with a paragraph of your achievements and it just makes you look like a sh!tbag bragging. maybe im wrong, but ive put up with people all my life that thought they were just on top of the world and all they did was talk about themselves and how awesome they were. You prolly werent trying to come off like that but it was just my reaction

Archived