Whuuuuuhh?

Humphries

Since we are all bragging here:

My wife has a BS in communication and I make more then she does. I was ejected from OSU at the beginning of my Junior year for academic failure.

this is a thread made to just announce my good news. but everyone decides to sh!t all over it. this is ridiculous. the other 3 forums i frequent didnt say anything but good job and congratulations.

frack...

That's because people are selfish and want to talk about themselves. Happens all the time in real life.

let me clear something up.. I dont think ALL degrees are worth a crap.. I find a lot of degrees quite dumb.. most liberal art degrees for instance.. most people i know with them are unemployed or doing a job they could have before they spent 4-5 years on it

i am going to college and got started at 15 an hour

I will be started out at much more then that after graduation

oh and I got paid to go to school this year

college wins

Well without my college degree i was making 20-23 bucks an hour and with my degree now, since i dont pay myself,....i make 31.00 an hour + Commission.....you do the math....i think thats a pretty good jump for a degree thats all paid for and no outstanding student loans....but thats just me.... laugh.gif

yes he created a thread, this forum is slow as sh!t so its not a big deal, then you came out of nowhere with a paragraph of your achievements and it just makes you look like a sh!tbag bragging. maybe im wrong, but ive put up with people all my life that thought they were just on top of the world and all they did was talk about themselves and how awesome they were. You prolly werent trying to come off like that but it was just my reaction

In no way is that a paragraph. and in no way does that list ANY of my achievements speaking most engineering students on a scholorship with misc. grants are in the same situation. Its saying that college education normally (not always X) ends in higher pay.. paid to go to school combats the comments that normally come after a comment about a degree about outstanding student loans

and since javy said he gets 31+commision after he earned a degree he must be a bragging crapbag too.. since i'm not an butthead like yourself diablo I say good work for having a good job so young

(I know javy was reinforcing my comments about college and after the degree the jump in money.. and not being a bragging crapbag)

In no way is that a paragraph. and in no way does that list ANY of my achievements speaking most engineering students on a scholorship with misc. grants are in the same situation. Its saying that college education normally (not always X) ends in higher pay.. paid to go to school combats the comments that normally come after a comment about a degree about outstanding student loans

and since javy said he gets 31+commision after he earned a degree he must be a bragging crapbag too.. since i'm not an butthead like yourself diablo I say good work for having a good job so young

(I know javy was reinforcing my comments about college and after the degree the jump in money.. and not being a bragging crapbag)

True I was reinforcing your views, and i completely agree, some degrees out there are a complete waste of time for instance a BA in Psychology is a complete waste of time, i talked over with my friend and she was like she couldnt find any types of positions in the real world for her, So after talking to her extensivly about she should do She aggreed she should get her masters in business, once you get your BA you can master in practically anything you want....so she seen how ive been and how bettered my financial situation.

And of course Im not bragging just simply showing what i made prior to having a degree and then the end result after having a degree...because some folks thing that a degree doesnt get you anywhere in life....to in extent they are right but it all depends on what type of degree you have.

I should have also added that my first quarter of college starts in the fall. ASE certification for general automotive. This will give me the ability to set my salary requirements to 21/hr.

Until now, I havent been able to go to school with my previous job schedules. I was left alone after high school with no help from my mom and no relationship with my father. I worked and got myself into debt with no job making over 9/hr and have just brought myself up to a good standing with a real career. I wasn't bragging, just excited and wanted to share.

Good job on getting into school on time. I didn't have that luxury at 18.

I've got hope scholarship and the Pell grant. I will now be able to be paid to go to school.

what is the hope scholarship? Just make to sure to fill out the fasfa asap after tax time

NEVER buy books from a school bookstore... i normally use half.com... books for my german class and my mechanics of vibration class would have been $500 from the bookstore and i only paid $300 at half for brand new

I should have also added that my first quarter of college starts in the fall. ASE certification for general automotive. This will give me the ability to set my salary requirements to 21/hr.

Until now, I havent been able to go to school with my previous job schedules. I was left alone after high school with no help from my mom and no relationship with my father. I worked and got myself into debt with no job making over 9/hr and have just brought myself up to a good standing with a real career. I wasn't bragging, just excited and wanted to share.

Good job on getting into school on time. I didn't have that luxury at 18.

thats great man, good you got yourself on a pathway now

is the job helping with school by any chance?

i assume its a manufactoring job because of the line supervisor position? A lot of times they have programs where they will pay at least a portion of tuition. I'd check with HR if your not sure.

Just don't do what I did: go to school and pay with your own money only to screw around and get ejected. What a waste of $$

You weren't a big enough douchebag to graduate from Ohio State. It's okay.

LOL.

That, or you didn't wear enough sweatervests..

is the job helping with school by any chance?

i assume its a manufactoring job because of the line supervisor position? A lot of times they have programs where they will pay at least a portion of tuition. I'd check with HR if your not sure.

no.

Hope scholarship will pay for most of the tuition, and the pell grant is even more money. free school is free.

fk yall, I was making 42/hr with full bennies, international travel, no college nessasary. Oh and that 42 an hour was 3/4 tax free :) Gotta love being an A&P mechanic, only bad side to it is you have to move every 6 months, and when the economy takes a sh!t you either have to move to BFE kansas, or get a gov. job overseas in the sandbox. Hence why im now going to college, medical lab tech next year then medical lab scientist 2 years after that :)

PS humphries your a dork.... just sayin

but gratz on the promotion, and even bigger gratz on starting school. Free money is always good money :)

fk yall, I was making 42/hr with full bennies, international travel, no college nessasary. Oh and that 42 an hour was 3/4 tax free :) Gotta love being an A&P mechanic, only bad side to it is you have to move every 6 months, and when the economy takes a sh!t you either have to move to BFE kansas, or get a gov. job overseas in the sandbox. Hence why im now going to college, medical lab tech next year then medical lab scientist 2 years after that :)

PS humphries your a dork.... just sayin

but gratz on the promotion, and even bigger gratz on starting school. Free money is always good money :)

im a dork.. :/

Archived