2010 holiday shopping

bosoxfan1

so i wanted to know how everyone was doing on there holiday shopping so far? What are the gifts your asking for? What are the gifts you are getting for wives/girlfriends/fiances etc.? thought this would be a fun thread while im bored at work!!!

I'm pretty much finished with my shopping. i think I spent about... maybe $30 total for everyone.

my dad's present was me moving out.

my mother and grandmother have about 10lbs of candy and a netbook going to them (my dad's idea- he bought it all)

my sister will get whatever my dad decides to buy her and he'll say it's from both of us (otherwise, she wouldn't get a present from me... i don't get one from her. *shrug*)

G's younger sister is getting a bunch of haircare products (yay for working in a salon)

G's youngest sister is getting some coke memorabilia/merchandise

G's parents are getting a box of cold-stone creamery chocolates.

... and I can't really say what I'm getting Gorden. Or rather, what I got him because he occasionally reads the forum. But he already got the 3 sets of DC licensed boxers I bought him only because he accidentally found them when we were moving.

edit. I forgot to say what I'd asked for. Some bedroom furniture (I'm sick of living out of suitcases and boxes!), new clothes, and a washer & dryer. I'm a practical gift person. If it doesn't do something useful or it isn't something I need, I probably don't want it.

I got my niece a ladybug stuffed animal that turns into a pillow and my nephew a Harry Potter Lego (Hagrids Hut). Still need to get my mom and dad something. Not getting anything for my bitch of a sister.

Told mom and dad not to get me anything since my sister just stole even more money from them though I'm sure they'll put some candy and small stuff in my stocking which is enough for me.

Chris is getting come new shirts/sweaters.. tool box organizer stuff... new shop vac.. new craftsmen drill.. new craftsmen saws all thing.. new light.. smaller vacuum (came with drill/saw/light).. battery charger.. and i cant remember what else

got my mom clothes.. sis clothes.. neice a hot wheels game for her smart cycle.. nephew got a toy car and a cool night light that puts constallations on his ceiling.. dad some grooming crap.. one uncle got a personalized beer mug.. other uncle got two of the top ten hottest hot sauces.. bro in law got a beer kit.. and blah blah

pretty much everyone is taken care of cept grandma which is super hard to shop for.. probably get her somthing for her new car (awd volvo v70 R - i love that my grandma drives the turbo race version volvo station wagon lol!)

getting new boots from mom.. idk what from chris or anyone else.. i should have just asked for some of the swap parts i need for the supra but i didnt think about it.. i dont like making people spend money on me lol

I just picked up an enagagement ring yesterday and plan on proposing christmas day!!!!

I just picked up an enagagement ring yesterday and plan on proposing christmas day!!!!

So I got about half of my shopping done yesterday. I will be getting a gift card for both my mom & dad as well as my brother & his wife for a dinner at Brazlian Style restaurant.

Also trying to figure out what I should get my sister? Shes really into Polo, nautica but she basically has everything she wants from them....so im kinda lost....shes really ahem.....ritzy so shes a bit on the spoiled side...so what do you get someone that has everything?

So I got about half of my shopping done yesterday. I will be getting a gift card for both my mom & dad as well as my brother & his wife for a dinner at Brazlian Style restaurant.

Also trying to figure out what I should get my sister? Shes really into Polo, nautica but she basically has everything she wants from them....so im kinda lost....shes really ahem.....ritzy so shes a bit on the spoiled side...so what do you get someone that has everything?

i am going through the same thing. Im going out tonight to see if i can try and find something hahaha

• 3 weeks later...

2010 is almost over? lol anyway I ended up finishing up my shopping just in time for xmas and was pretty syked when i did, so me and some friends went out and had some dinner and drinks since we finished early while we watched everyone frantically go shopping lol...

i ended up running around like a crazy thing on xmas eve trying to find something for G... since he decided that our agreement of $20 for our gifts wasn't good enough and bought me a black diamond necklace and a black tahitian pearl necklace. i never did find anything because there was nearly an hour's wait just to get into the mall parking lot (not even to park, just to get in!) and i wasn't prepared to really fight with crowds. I'll pay for a deep tissue massage for him instead or something. lol

haha pearl necklace...im sure he gave you one alright....lol sorry Lexi it was out there and i had to take advantage of it lol

lmao- how typical of you! dirty sod!

(there's a reason you've never seen me wearing pearls...)

He is one smart guy! :D

sure... and the jewelry is gorgeous. but we REALLY need some furniture! lol. I'm a needs over wants type of person when it comes to gifts. Don't get me wrong- I LOVE the necklaces- but i love them more for what they represent than the fact that they're jewelry.

Archived