its official

Pballer2005

picking it up on monday morning. 2004 srt4, silver all storm troopered out, 50k miles, stock limited slip diff, 3inch completely open turbo back exhaust (maybe a little too loud for me), and cai that i'll probably end up hacking into a sri just because it doesn't make any diff on these things and apple valley doesn't believe in controlling rain water. salvage title but was only cosmetic, no frame or suspension damage (fender and door that have been replaced), drives straight as an arrow, tires wear evenly, etc. tranny is smooth as butter, clutch still feels great and its the original one, newish tires. hauls ass, owner said he beat his friend's evo8 but we'll see. didn't realize how much of a difference four wheel disc brakes make.

srt4-2.jpg

srt4-1-1.jpg

the civic is falling apart, needs new synchros, a lot of new plastic trim pieces, suspension is sagging so bad i can't get a proper alignment, exhaust is leaking from rusty pipes, i'm loosing about half a quart of oil every 2-3k miles...i just don't trust it to last much longer

Stormtroopered out?

Not in silver, it isn't.

idk every one around here says its storm troopered, silver n black vs white and black. either way i love the look

In any case, what're you paying on it?

$7k

You know, the civic wouldn't be falling apart if you actually fixed something. You think this crapbox chrysler is actually going to be more reliable?

Yes, it looks sharp and goes fast and then it dies.

A neon is still a neon. Throughout history Chrysler has a history of slapping turbos on unreliable engines and stuffing them into the cheapest car they can make. Sure it's fun for a little while...

1jz

2jzgte

rb26det

rb26dett

audi's v10(lamborghini)

idk about a srt, its still a neon. and ive never heard good things from them as far as reliability. seems like nobody can keep the turbos in them anymore. they keep overheating and wasting bearings

honestly, i had a soft spot for the srt4 neons. they can be some tough little bastards.

always funny to see subie owners giving them the power window business though.

Unreliable? Guess you've never been around an NSRT. I don't know of very many engines that can take 750hp without touching the bottom end.

Building high HP engines says little for the overall reliability of a given oem system. So the bottom end can hold 750hp, but the stock turbo goes bad on a regular basis. And the whole car is your typical modern Detroit plasticy.

The car is fast and looks good, no argument. It's just sad that it could have been so much more if the company making it hadn't cheaped out on the whole 'build quality' aspect. The fact that a small sports car can be purchased for a mere 7k really tells you something about holding value.

my civics interior is just as plasticky and cheap as the srt's, worse to me in fact. and sarah everything feels like a truck after riding around in a lowered sol :p

they were real eyelids. i'm not going to start installing parts on this car until i get it just the way i want it. there are some small things like it needs a new seatbelt tensioner (locks up for no apparent reason), swapping my sound system out, the black paint on the wheels needs some touching up, little things here and there. i'll probably add a muffler or something because as awesome as it sounds with straight pipes it'll probably droan horribly on the highway. i'll find out since i have to drive it an hour and a half back home. i like the idea of stage 2 with toys but we only have 91 gas around here (not even e85) so i'll just have to see where i end up in the next year or two

Your civ is also quite a bit older. comparable year civics are not so cheap feeling on the interior.

for the seat belt call the dealer. most car companies repair seat belts free of charge.

Your civ is also quite a bit older. comparable year civics are not so cheap feeling on the interior.

for the seat belt call the dealer. most car companies repair seat belts free of charge.

Have you been menstruating this last week?:laugh:

a certain song from avenue q comes to mind here.

thanks for the heads up on the seatbelt xeyron , luckily the seller doesn't know that since it was one of the points i used to help haggle the price down. comparable civics were either already heavily modified and most likely beaten and bruised (was looking into ep3's) and i know the kseries trannies can be about as reliable as 05 srt4 trannies, and my head brushes the roof. a huge turn off for me with most other sport compacts is that i just don't fit in them. i was pleasantly surprised to find out the taller roof line on the srt4 fit me well and i can still sit up straight like a normol human being (unlike those n/wiggers you see reclined waaaayyy back), and my fat ass fits nicely in the "viper inspired" srt4 seats.

You might have a hard time trying to find a Stage 2 kit. Mopar doesn't make them anymore, and last time I checked they were hard to find.

true and from what i understand you get more power with a dsp w/supporting mods and the tweakability of the dsp is pretty bamf

Archived