My Slow 92 VX build

EDDIE Z

Well I can't find my old thread on my car when I first joined this site so I'm gonna start a new one these are some old pics of when I first got my car at the end of the summer was waiting all winter for summer to start again so I could start working on my EG so here are some old pics first. Its a 92 VX hatch has 104k runs like a champ :D

21bj9g4.jpg

a3o0sg.jpg

2rordc3.jpg

etwhgl.jpg

Now here is after paint and headlights.

2dtpugz.jpg

ad0uo3.jpg

Installing headlights did not want to remove bumper completely screws were a btch to get too.

fles5g.jpg

All done :)

27zydk4.jpg

5ywzz9.jpg

juemhf.jpg

Thats it for now got more to do to it it will take awhile though not rly working now so whatever I do its step by step. Any comments or suggestions are welcome :)

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I here you man I'm not spending money to make it fast no point. just trying to make it clean as possible so I can sell it sometime in the future but right now I'm happy with it. gonna make it look nice if I still have it at 200k I'll do a swap.

Need to update your sig now.

If I were you:

Looks like that car has AC. Out with it. AC system in an EG weighs 57 pounds plus parasitic drag. I gained about 3mpg average without it.

Get rid of that huge cone filter and put either stock or custom make your own restricted intake. Disconnect your battery for 20 minutes (or whatever) to completely reset the ecu and then do a mileage check. Provided everything is in perfect order you should blow dwaynes mpg score off the map.

very true, the guy that bought my old one, talked to a guy that was getting 80 MPG!!!!

when you goto sell it, goto gassavers.org, they will snag this thing up all day keep it clean and simple, dont beat on it, keep up on maintance, get the best mpg you can and youre lookin at 3500 at least

Lol forgot all about my sig haha. My AC idk gets pretty damn hot down here its crazy if it didnt work hell yeah I would get rid of it. 80MPG HOLY SHAT!!! Who needs a hybrid lol. Thnx for your oppinion guys and yes simple but nice all the way with this EG :thumbup: I just want to enjoy the car and have fun with it. I do plane on keeping it for a while but who knows maybe I'll sell it and get something with a lil bit more HP.

sell the motor, i got a guy that would buy it in a heart beat but im in ohio and youre in cali sooooo thats a fail,

sell motor get a swap and be happy, eg hatchies are amazing, i fail at giving up mine....fmldry.gif

sell the motor, i got a guy that would buy it in a heart beat but im in ohio and youre in cali sooooo thats a fail,

sell motor get a swap and be happy, eg hatchies are amazing, i fail at giving up mine....fmldry.gif

at least you realize that your choice was utterly retarded lol. i would only give my hatch up for a b series crx. even then its iffy.

i say stick with the motor thats in it. get some good mpg and save for a nice swap

Cali I'm in Illinois man. And I'll keep my engine till it cant go on anymore mean while I'll save for a swap.

Thnx guys I'm rly happy on how it turned out way better. I'm thinking of painting the rims either white or black not sure there in great condition just need a nice clean done to them. I do want to get some rotas but I dont have money so I just wanna make the ones I have look nice :blush:

Thnx guys I'm rly happy on how it turned out way better. I'm thinking of painting the rims either white or black not sure there in great condition just need a nice clean done to them. I do want to get some rotas but I dont have money so I just wanna make the ones I have look nice blush.gif

dude the vx wheels are sweet, i had a pair for the longest time, id keep them

I used to use VX rims on my '00 Hatch when I ran it. Had them painted black with a red lip to match the Group N's on the rear.

One of, if not the LIGHTEST factory Honda rim available.

those and the hx wheels are the lightest arnt they?AND they both look good

HX>VX 1" makes a huge difference!:wink:

My link

Just ask any of your girl friends!:laugh:

HX>VX 1" makes a huge difference!:wink:

My link

Damn Nice man what kind of paint did you use? Sorry if you said it in the topic but I"m on my phone to slow to check the link thnx :)

Just ask any of your girl friends!:laugh:

those and the hx wheels are the lightest arnt they?AND they both look good

ok i hvae a question my friend got the vx wheels and they will not fit on his car he has a eg hatch si..... so can yall tell me why they will not fit on his car

ok i hvae a question my friend got the vx wheels and they will not fit on his car he has a eg hatch si..... so can yall tell me why they will not fit on his car

Brake calipers most likely. They will fit on a DX, CX, VX hatch.

Brake calipers most likely. They will fit on a DX, CX, VX hatch.

thats what he was saying i just didnt know that there was that big of a difference in them but owell he is trying to sell them now

Not mine!excl.gif Some one elses on site, but damn nice looking IMO!:wub:

Very nice but those dont rly look like VX rims? Also I plane to paint them white bolts red and the H on the caps red hopefully it turns out as good as it looks in my head lol. Still have to fix a few more things on the hatch before I start on the rims.

Very nice but those dont rly look like VX rims? Also I plane to paint them white bolts red and the H on the caps red hopefully it turns out as good as it looks in my head lol. Still have to fix a few more things on the hatch before I start on the rims.

Those are HX rims which I was saying look tons better than VX rims!

HX rim is same, just one inch larger. Which is exactly what you need to install them on an ex civic. You will still need to grind just a hair off the caliper (I believe)

Archived