1999 Honda Civic Show Car

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LETS START OVER WITH A COPY AND PASTE OF WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR FROM THE FIRST PAGE:

I have a 1999 Honda Civic. I have several goals. My first goal is to make an 8 second quarter mile car. My second is to make an engine that will last the repetitive beating that an 8 second quarter mile would put the engine through. I have decided to go with a DART aftermarket Block to begin the build. but I am not sure whether to go with the 211.5 mm deck height B18 block or to go with the 226 mm B20 Block height. I have determined for sure that I intend to go with the 84.5 mm bore steel sleeves that are provided. Some insight into which is an easier build and has more parts available to bring such and engine to 750+ whp would be great. also some insight into what would be the best brands and model number part to use would be great information. I am new to this import tuner world.

As for the head of the engine I have decided to again go with the DART Aftermarket head and send it in for porting but again I have no idea what parts and different valves to use with porting nor any idea how far to have the engine ported and still maintain a stable head.

Next as far as the ECU is concerned I have decided to go with the AEM EMS aftermarket ECU replacement.

On to the TRANSMISSION. For the Transmission I have decided to go with the IPT Aftermarket High Performance Transmission.

OK now back to my question what would you guys put into the engine to create such a horsepower? I am used to muscle not tuner work and I didnt even know a 4 cyclinder could make that high a horsepower. A friend said I could do it for under $20,000, plus throw in some TIEN MonoFlex suspension. A Brembo Brig Brake kit Cross Drilled. RC 1200cc/min Fuel Injectors, AEM high volume fuel rail, HIGH volume chrome steel fuel rails, a Walbro High volume fuel Pump. Eagle Light Wieght 94mm Crankshaft, Eagle rods. JE Pistons at a 9.2:1 Compression, Ferrea Camsshafts, AEM TRU Time Cams, Greddy Extreme Timing chains.Edelbrock Turbo kit, P1 BUDDY CLUB TITANIUM VALVES, Un orthodox lightweight pulley set a 2mm buddy club head Gasket, ARP head Bolts. TOGA High Volume Oil Pump. a Z10 Wet Sump Oil Pan, AND THE BRAINS an AEM EMS aftermarket usb programmable ECU. a Carbon Fibre Head Cover and a few other things that I cant seem to remember off hand. Does this sound like a setup that will work?

oh and to lighten up the car I am replacing all the gass with Lexon

If anyone has some better ideas or better routes to take to achieve the maximum performance please let me know.

Lol. Nice Sig. You should probably make it bigger though.

oh really I would have to shoot it with a different camera than my phone because my cell phones resolution doesnt go any bigger. SMART A$$

aw you're poor...i'm sorry you can't purchase car mods with food stamps guy.

dude I never needed a camera until now my last roommate was a photographer. and my phone is a fracking palm pilot with unlimited anytime minutes, unlimited internet, and unlimited text messaging. And as for food stamps you would be surprised what you can get for them if you know the right people hell I buy those 50 cent on the dollar and turn around and sell the 75 cents on the dollar anyway. doesn't matter how I am fracking over the government. Lets get back to point of this thread.... what was it again.... oh yeah... MY frackING LIME GREEN STREET MACHINE aka a 99 honda civic tuner. Some people on here are just so immature, and disrespectful.

I was referring to your car/the way you dressed/neighborhood.

Not your camera.

dude that is my pjs I took that right when I got out of bed this morning, and btw I live in a house that is a registered historic landmark in the City of Fort Wayne Indiana. I make $6,500 a month from my job not mentioning my other endeavors and to me it sounds like someone is jealous that I have 60 grand every 6 month from my sponsor to spend on my car.

dude that is my pjs I took that right when I got out of bed this morning, and btw I live in a house that is a registered historic landmark in the City of Fort Wayne Indiana. I make $6,500 a month from my job not mentioning my other endeavors and to me it sounds like someone is jealous that I have 60 grand every 6 month from my sponsor to spend on my car.

what sponsor is that? Troll mix?

btw, all you need to make your civic an 8-second car is some flame decals on the sides and some bigger rims. A bigger spoiler would probably lock in that 700hp for ya too.

what sponsor is that? Troll mix?

btw, all you need to make your civic an 8-second car is some flame decals on the sides and some bigger rims. A bigger spoiler would probably lock in that 700hp for ya too.

yeah bigger rims=more weight more weight=faster car

oh weight no that just means more terminal velocity. I think I am going to just ignore your stupidity switch the civic over to rear wheel drive by cutting the spare tire well out of the back building a full frame gutting the car setting it up with the tranny in the rear like the new corvettes add floor boards to the frame cut the bottom out of the unibody and sit it down on top of the custom built frame over the FORD 460 block cranking out 3000 hp and drop 1 ton of tool in the trunk to give it traction. How that for and insane ass build

yeah bigger rims=more weight more weight=faster car

oh weight no that just means more terminal velocity. I think I am going to just ignore your stupidity switch the civic over to rear wheel drive by cutting the spare tire well out of the back building a full frame gutting the car setting it up with the tranny in the rear like the new corvettes add floor boards to the frame cut the bottom out of the unibody and sit it down on top of the custom built frame over the FORD 460 block cranking out 3000 hp and drop 1 ton of tool in the trunk to give it traction. How that for and insane ass build

How bout you just shut up and swallow a shotgun shell...preferably as it's being fired from a 12 gauge.

haha this is hilarious. funny thing is that this troll actually spent some time on creating a personality and finding some pictures of his "car"

Troll I have no idea what that means but you guys are dork heads. what will it take to prove I am not crapting you? btw check out my cars profile on http://www.carsponsors.com/431446

He's a gawddamn spammer for that site. I'm tellin ya.

spammer? dude thats my fricking car link not the sites main link. and thats the only copy of that link that I have put on this entire thread. I just happen to be very happy with what service they provide. if only it was free it would be so much better. grrr. but seriously they dont have much in the way of engine parts its mostly look good parts and I want performance parts not look good parts.

No question that this is a troll now. Reporting and praying for a ban.

you guys are frackING a$$holes Just because I am new to forums and new to working on tuners doesnt mean I am an idiot completely I can do a stock engine rebuild on any engine out there. now some serious help would be appreciated. like maybe what you would do if you were going to work on a 99 civic and wanted to spend only 20 grand of your money on it so you could spend the rest on a down payment for a house.

idk, i actually took the time to look into a few things with this and i think it could be real and just very uneducated, but you never know, i may be fooled.

I appreciate the confidence diablo, and yes I am very uneducated when it comes to import tuners

If there is any part of this that is serious and not just a joke you really need to just find a local high performance shop that specializes in imports and pay them to build the car for you.

If there is any part of this that is serious and not just a joke you really need to just find a local high performance shop that specializes in imports and pay them to build the car for you.

the nearest speed shop that I know of that does imports is in Chicago. and that the other side of Chicago from here. I guess that would mean I could test the car out the night I got it back on rousch street. but seriously I would rather do the work myself and save a few grand because I am a greedy sob.

the nearest speed shop that I know of that does imports is in Chicago. and that the other side of Chicago from here. I guess that would mean I could test the car out the night I got it back on rousch street. but seriously I would rather do the work myself and save a few grand because I am a greedy sob.

if your greedy then why are you willing to spend 20g's on a 99 civic....

Archived