Benen tow hooks  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Which color?

• Black
    • Silver
    • Polished
    • Red
    • Purple

well my friend is giving me his front hook, its blue but the paints scratched and chipping so im going to sand it and rattle can it flat black.. then ill try to find a rear hook to buy around TN when im home

Nate man, surely though spraying it black though so it doesn't stick out like a sore-thumb makes it a bit less rice. Nothing wrong with than, stop digging in to the 'ricers', it's like whenever somebody says about putting something cosmetic on their car everyone rips the crap out of them, unless it's something JDM. it's rather sad.

I hate JDM as much as anything else....I think it's stupid to pay insane prices just because it's a JDM piece.

I was just giving him a hard time anyway....I'm not a huge fan of the tow hooks but I agree...going black will make it stand out less and be less gay.

okay wait... so youre calling my car a P.O.S.?

there is this one dude that runs around with one of these on his hatch. I think it looks dumb as hell on his car cuz it just doesnt look right. hes got one on the front and back lol. I do think that u can do w/e u want with ur car and if u want it to have one of those hooks go for it. I think as long as u put it too use it shoudnt b considered ricer like if u have a body kit or w/e is goin on.

Fck them all. Buy the damn hook and put it on your car and stop listening to other people from thousands of miles away bitch about painted tow hooks. Talk about pots and kettles and crap. The people giving you grief have pink stars, body kits and wheels and suspension on a car that my computer is worth more than.

I fall into the same category. I have done worthless things to my car but you people need to move on.

Fck them all. Buy the damn hook and put it on your car and stop listening to other people from thousands of miles away bitch about painted tow hooks. Talk about pots and kettles and crap. The people giving you grief have pink stars, body kits and wheels and suspension on a car that my computer is worth more than.

I fall into the same category. I have done worthless things to my car but you people need to move on.

Or.....people need to stop making stupid threads asking what color of yarn they should use to knit a sweater....seriously, things this minor should not be hard to decide on your own.

Or.....people need to stop making stupid threads asking what color of yarn they should use to knit a sweater....seriously, things this minor should not be hard to decide on your own.

+1

Agreed. It is a silly subject.

I just don't get it. If the people don't like the thread topic why post in the thread to promote the topic? And after voicing their negative opinion they came back and posted again and just kept the thread alive.

thank you bell, a retarded useless waste of money hook :)

a waste of money that it didnt cost me? hmm..

read build thread

Agreed. It is a silly subject.

I just don't get it. If the people don't like the thread topic why post in the thread to promote the topic? And after voicing their negative opinion they came back and posted again and just kept the thread alive.

nate.. maybe you should listen to above and keep your backpussy from bleeding.. im sure your wife has a tampon you could use :thumbsup:

nate.. maybe you should listen to above and keep your backpussy from bleeding.. im sure your wife has a tampon you could use :thumbsup:

:laugh: Whatever man.....you are the person that everybody is making fun of...not me. Sorry that people are getting sick of the pointless threads you make.

.....now go start a new thread with a poll about what type of cereal you should buy next :rolleyes:

Oh, and don't worry, I'll make sure not to click into any of your threads any more so that I'm not wasting mine or your time.

i dont care what he posts. i know where he is and i have a huge amount of respect for what he's doing.

i'm voicing my opinion because it is just that, my opinion. i'm seeing his two most recent ideas, tow hook and shift light, and i'm trying to convince him otherwise because they are a huge waste of money. just because he had the idea doesnt mean he's sticking with it. i thought about doing door handles, made a thread, and then from advice decided against it. tow hooks, there are already two on the car, it sticks out of the front grill which throws off the flow of the car and makes it look like there is a huge zit or mole on the cars face. and the shift light is about as useful as a second 6" tach.

if you were gutting your car and turning it into a full blow track car, then yes i could see you getting these things, but i just dont see why you would do it on your daily. as stated, at the end of the day it is your car, and your decision, but i'm offering advice and saying it could be money well spent in other places. if you do get them, good for you i hope you like it a lot, but i have a feeling after having them you will ask yourself why.

most people go through the semi ricer stage when they first get a car and then end up removing all those parts a few months down the road when they realize what they did, i'm just trying to prevent that from happening

lol I know what you mean by the "semi-ricer stage". When I got my first civic I wanted to go with a carbon fiber theme and was thinking about getting some of that stick-on carbon fiber print sheeting and covering all my interior pieces with it. I never got around to it. And now I'm glad.

Oh btw, this thread is full of fail.

i dont care what he posts. i know where he is and i have a huge amount of respect for what he's doing.

i'm voicing my opinion because it is just that, my opinion. i'm seeing his two most recent ideas, tow hook and shift light, and i'm trying to convince him otherwise because they are a huge waste of money. just because he had the idea doesnt mean he's sticking with it. i thought about doing door handles, made a thread, and then from advice decided against it. tow hooks, there are already two on the car, it sticks out of the front grill which throws off the flow of the car and makes it look like there is a huge zit or mole on the cars face. and the shift light is about as useful as a second 6" tach.

if you were gutting your car and turning it into a full blow track car, then yes i could see you getting these things, but i just dont see why you would do it on your daily. as stated, at the end of the day it is your car, and your decision, but i'm offering advice and saying it could be money well spent in other places. if you do get them, good for you i hope you like it a lot, but i have a feeling after having them you will ask yourself why.

most people go through the semi ricer stage when they first get a car and then end up removing all those parts a few months down the road when they realize what they did, i'm just trying to prevent that from happening

why jordan.. i do believe you are growing up. kinda brings a tear to my eye.

well thanks for voicing your opinion, but i dont see how a tow hook that im having given to me for free would be wasting my money.. i can understand the shift light but im also trying to help a friend in the process as well.. he himself also got that shift light for free, just need the right connects :thumbsup:

i just want some more stuff for the interior to make it stand out and there really isnt much besides having floor mats custom made and trying to afford those bride low max seats, lol

and nate i dont give a damn if you voice your opinion, just stop being such a fcuking doucher :thumbsup:

thanks for the opinions guys/girls

i understand that these parts are free (at the beginning you were talking about spending over $100 for the hooks, thats where i got the waste of money) but just because something is free, doesnt mean you should get it. just think, if its free, that means he has to GIVE it away meaning no one will pay for it. the situation might be different in your case, im just speaking in general.

also as far as the interior there are lots of other things you could do. from what you said before you wanted it to be clean, adding a huge unnecessary shift light on top of your dash isnt really going to be clean. use your imagination, try to be original (even though everything pretty much has been done already). now if you REALLY need/want this shift light, maybe you could mod it into your current gauge cluster like this or somethign

JDMEGDelSolgaugeclusterManualLarge.jpg

i understand that these parts are free (at the beginning you were talking about spending over $100 for the hooks, thats where i got the waste of money) but just because something is free, doesnt mean you should get it. just think, if its free, that means he has to GIVE it away meaning no one will pay for it. the situation might be different in your case, im just speaking in general.

also as far as the interior there are lots of other things you could do. from what you said before you wanted it to be clean, adding a huge unnecessary shift light on top of your dash isnt really going to be clean. use your imagination, try to be original (even though everything pretty much has been done already). now if you REALLY need/want this shift light, maybe you could mod it into your current gauge cluster like this or somethign

i see what youre saying, but i was actually thinking of mounting it to the steering column but i do like where you did a little edit on that cluster. that kind of reminds me of the up arrow my truck had when it got to a certain RPM it would have a green arrow that pointed up to tell me to shift up..

and he's giving me the hook because ive givin him alot of stuff as well. i gave him a mugen oil cap a long time ago which he still has and is currently on his 08 Si.

Archived