Benen tow hooks  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Which color?

• Black
    • Silver
    • Polished
    • Red
    • Purple

okay im about to buy some benen tow hooks for the sol from PWJDM but i dont know what color to get and was wondering if you guys could help me out.. i really want something that stands out.

thanks again

here's a picture of black, silver, and polished ones::

S4010115.JPG

I like the brushed steel. (on the far right in the pic)

Of course if you really want it to stand out, hot pink is the way to go. I'll paint it for you.

I like the brushed steel. (on the far right in the pic)

Of course if you really want it to stand out, hot pink is the way to go. I'll paint it for you.

haha no thanks alex :laugh:

well the blades are of course polished, and will be nice, pretty, and glossy when i get done with them

but the slips arent much of a polish.. theyre more silver..

and i might get bronze wheels later on down the road..

im leaning towards the polished myself, a red hook would pop on blue as well, and mike did bring up a good argument, later on down the road ill be sporting a CF hood/trunk and a ameripol top and a black hook would also look good..

damnit soo many choices >_<

What is "None" for $200 Alex? Theyre useless and stoopid looking. imo.

I agree with this almost completely. That's why I chose black so they are the least visible. I have had one situation where they would have proved useful.....got stuck in the snow and the chain we were using was too big for my factory tow hook....the benen would have been big enough. Of course we still managed to get it out with a different rope/chain.

im not on the jdm bandwagon, i just like for my car to look clean.. sorry you think that colter

and there has been 2 situations that ive needed hooks.. thanks for the opinions guys but ill be getting a set after i get the pics in of the new foglight garnishes and dont need to buy the ones from jdmland

that is your opinion and youre entitled to it..

mine is that the tow hooks make the car look a little more aggressive/race carish than it would without them, and i would rather put a few addons to my stock body panels and make it look clean than put a bodykit on.. but thats my opinion

that is your opinion and youre entitled to it..

mine is that the tow hooks make the car look a little more aggressive/race carish than it would without them, and i would rather put a few addons to my stock body panels and make it look clean than put a bodykit on.. but thats my opinion

well your opinion is garbage and you should change it

:)

you know what else makes a car look more aggressive and racecarish, is a 2 foot high aluminum wing :)

I'm with colter. The look cool factor of the benen tow hooks is no less rice than an aluminum spoiler or clear taillights. You have factory tow hooks and the only reason I'd see for the benen's is if you raced on a track and needed a way to get pulled out a lot quicker than with the factory tow hooks.

Ricers always think their stuff looks hot (not calling you a ricer...just proving a point), so the fact that you think an aesthetic...somewhat pointless part looks good doesn't mean much.

That said...it's your car so put all the poinless parts on it you want.......racy/aggressive look is usually the exact opposite of clean and I think with the tow hooks you can throw "clean" out the window for the former.

well i talked to my step dad and mike yesterday.. they said polished would look good with the wheels.. and i want to see if i could get them powdered CBP to match the car and paint in the benen on the hook with silver or black..

Archived