Ordered some new rims. not sure if it was smart

lil.nate

so today i was talking bout getting new tint on my car with a friend, and that made me think about getting some new rims for my car because over the new years week i put in about 120 hours at work and brough home over a grand. (not bad for a college kid saving money i think) so i was thinking about putting rims on my o2 civic but that soon just faded away cause i just paid my last 600 of my car off last week. But i was looking around on tire rack and saw these rims for some Motegi Track Traklite wheels

and ordered them cause instead of over 300 bucks a piece they were 119, which was a pretty good deal. The only bad side to it was that there 19inch rims and i decided a while back that i didnt want to really go over 18 at all, but not i guess i did. Anyway im just having some mixed emotions and they should be here at the end of the week. Just tell me what you guys think of them and if i made a good or bad choice. btw shipped for a little under 600

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseU...t+Black+Painted

heres a new link i just tried it and it didnt work

dood 19's are waaay too big IMO

the biggest size wheel i would have went with 17x7.5, i think 18's are way too big as well..

so IMO bad choice, but hey its your car not mine

O M G i just thought about this but this thread reminds me of the time me and my friend richie were looking at del sols on ebay almost 3 years ago and we seen a red del sol vtec for sale with 20" chrome wheels, it looks so freaking UGLY, i was like "why in the hell ruin a nice sol like that!" >_<

it kind of looked like a monster truck del sol because the wheels were soo huge, LOL :laugh:

19's? No, you didn't make a good choice. They are going to make your car even slower than it was, give you worse gas-mileage, throw your speedometer off, hamper your braking distance, adversely effect your handling, jack your car up higher than it sits now, and/or rub your fender wells when you turn sharply, plus get you flamed on forums if you post a picture of it. Oh, and tires are gonna be expensive for them too.

im so fracked.....well maybe ill be able to ebay them for somewhere near 120....i feel so stupid now...i totally wasnt thinking of the size when i was getting them...

craigslist would be a much better site on which to sell them.

im just going to see what they look like without tires before i sell them..i could always take them back to tirerack i would just lose some shipping money. hoping for the best?

honostly am i going to have problems are is it just that people dont like big rims on honda's...at least i didnt get 22's

Unless you get really low profile tires (265/30R19), then you will rub. Also, if your car is lowered at all, you'll probably rub. If it's not lowered, you will be sitting a bit higher up with them. I wasn't trying to scare you. Everything I said is true, but maybe not as crucial as what you're imagining. Your acceleration will be slower due to extra rotating mass. Your gas mileage will suffer, but I don't know by how much; maybe 3-4 mpg, maybe more. And it's possible that with this new height, you may see some positive camber wear on those expensive tires.

Dude, get some 16's.

This. 15s are even better.

i prefer 14's on anything pre 1995. 17's look good on coupes and sedans with a proper drop. 18's and 19's look good on the 03+ accords and all tsx's.

but motegi's? why? thats like mixing rota and ass juice together.

im such a fail...f*ck my life...well they should be here friday..and because i respect you guys (jk)...i might take a tire off and just put the rim on and take a pic..idk tho..im real f*cking lazy

"and because i respect you guys (jk)..."

Okay so..a confession of no respect from the nubee...and........he expects.......waitwaah?

*6beers&5shots

edit: wait a sec, I see this guy has ben a mamber for 3 yrs. So I guress I can't verry well call him a newb. But whatever he is, ....I don't gree with the decissions he makes. I goatanother need voka

• 2 weeks later...
"and because i respect you guys (jk)..."

Okay so..a confession of no respect from the nubee...and........he expects.......waitwaah?

*6beers&5shots

edit: wait a sec, I see this guy has ben a mamber for 3 yrs. So I guress I can't verry well call him a newb. But whatever he is, ....I don't gree with the decissions he makes. I goatanother need voka

ya i dont post alot, i started to for a little while, but mainly just lurk and read up on crap because i would say im a noobie with cars. Im bout to test fit my wheels tomorrow....im hoping they work out cause i dont wanna spend another 80 on shipping, not that it matters since i just got a 200 dollar bonus at work for a referall, but still 200 bucks could go to something else. oooo wellllll..at least i have fessed up to my FAIl decision...

btw that respect thing was just a joke in the way i was saying it because i mean it is the internet and i will basically just take anyones word for something

• 3 weeks later...

just an update...i test fitted them the other day without tires and it so so close to this shield looking thing on my suspension so i called tire rack and they said to bring them to there south bend location so i did and some dude there said he had 19's on the same car as mine, (02 civic ex) but i still decieded to take them back...im sure a lot of you are happy i made that decision... im definatly going with 17's...but i hit a deer on friday going 80 and almost slid into a flooded valley on the side of the road...two feet away..not going to lie it was pretty epic...but i just lost my mirror and a couple dents and a slight crack on my back bumber...but after i get this fixed and hopefully a fresh paint job on the whole car ill be ordering some new rims... any brands reccomended???? i know some ppl said motegi are crap..so i figured i would ask since i know litle bout wheel/tires and crap like that..

thanks

Archived