how can it be so bad lol

lceah

the weld broke off...

intake3.jpg

intake2.jpg

I emailed AEM with the pictures and they said they can't do anything because it wasn't installed correctly (I bought the car with this intake on)...

but a while ago, I noticed that the intake pipe was touching the lines under (AC) and I cut a piece of rubber and put it around the bottom lines (as you can see in the pics, there is rubber held around by zip ties)

JDM fix for now :p

aems.jpg

lol I should really clean the bay lol

LOL

this is what AEM said in their email back:

"Unfortunately we have to deny warranty on this unit, the intake was installed with out using the proper isolator as pictured on the instructions attached. That isolator is a soft mount that absorbs vibration, with out it the brackets would prematurely brake due to stress of being a solid mount."

loool

My AEM SRI did this in my last Civic. Since then, I've heard of this happening to a bunch of people.

this is what AEM said in their email back:

"Unfortunately we have to deny warranty on this unit, the intake was installed with out using the proper isolator as pictured on the instructions attached. That isolator is a soft mount that absorbs vibration, with out it the brackets would prematurely brake due to stress of being a solid mount."

I didn't get any sort of "isolator" with my V2. WTF is that?

LOL

haha Ben, I agree...Injen>AEM sometimes hehe

Ryan, I'll try to post a pic of the installation manual and isolator...

lol I was thinking of welding it back myself but tape works faster :D and it's in place so I don't have to touch it hehe :D

break, not brake. hope that wasn't a copy and paste of the email :laugh:

i believe the instructions also say it must be professionally installed, without doing so they don't have to cover it under warranty.

I don't even know what an isolater is. I never even installed those extra arms to hold the thing in place on my intakes, but I've never had an AEM I guess.

I'm not sure why I didn't get any credit for the fix-it job (duct tape), or for the JDM decoration (Sharpie) I added there. What's up with that, may I ask? That stuff ain't free...

^yes, that's true! Sorry I didn't mention.

I got rid of the bracket and John was the one who taped and wrote "JDM" with a sharpie! very funny and cool :D hehe

John comes up with cool quick fixes for a lot of things actually :) smart man! :D

i believe the instructions also say it must be professionally installed, without doing so they don't have to cover it under warranty.

That was a copy paste and the AEM guy's emails had a lot of mistakes in there. And yes, they make it so warranty almost never applies loool

^I was thinking of welding it but it's fine the way it is right now...I might even get a new intake...then I think John wants to take this intake and cut it to fit a he has and then use it for his car...

I will update if I do anything to it :D

This was the first thing i saw when reading the email...pretty pathetic on their part since thats the way it was written.

Archived