someone help

OTiS

last nite i was at a light and was waiting forever, i put it in nuetral cuz my leg was gettin tired of holdin down the clutch. wen the light turned green i couldent shift into any gear, it stayd in neutral. and the clutch pedal wouldent come back up. i had to lift it back up with my toe. it did it again later on last night this time when i went to shift. iv heard it could be the preassure plate, master cylinder, clutch goin bad, and being low on the clutch fluid. any help would be very helpful.

last nite i was at a light and was waiting forever, i put it in nuetral cuz my leg was gettin tired of holdin down the clutch. wen the light turned green i couldent shift into any gear, it stayd in neutral. and the clutch pedal wouldent come back up. i had to lift it back up with my toe. it did it again later on last night this time when i went to shift. iv heard it could be the preassure plate, master cylinder, clutch goin bad, and being low on the clutch fluid. any help would be very helpful.

I say slave or master, and would just replace both! Easy and cheap to do! :thumbsup:

First thing I would do is bleed the system. Air in the lines can also cause this.

Ya, I would first bleed the system. Or to save time just buy what mpearce told you to becasue you will have to bleed the system again and both parts are really cheap and easy to do.

Bleeding the system costs almost nothing, whereas a clutch and slave will cost upwards of $150.

Bleeding the system costs almost nothing, whereas a clutch and slave will cost upwards of $150.

If I remember right from Aim, it is original clutch with High miles, and when I do clutches I replace master, slave, and full clutch kit, with either OEM reman flywheel, or light weight fly wheel depending on if it is for keeping(for a little while) >_< or selling! So for around $180ish I can get master, slave, oem flywheel-core, Exedy full clutch kit!

For now try bleeding the system, but there usually has to be a reason for air to of gotten into system. Leak out all fluid, bad hose, ect! I say with the miles, and if it is original clutch do the whole thing, and be set for very long time! :thumbsup:

If I remember right from Aim, it is original clutch with High miles, and when I do clutches I replace master, slave, and full clutch kit, with either OEM reman flywheel, or light weight fly wheel depending on if it is for keeping(for a little while)>_< or selling! So for around $180ish I can get master, slave, oem flywheel-core, Exedy full clutch kit!

For now try bleeding the system, but there usually has to be a reason for air to of gotten into system. Leak out all fluid, bad hose, ect! I say with the miles, and if it is original clutch do the whole thing, and be set for very long time! :thumbsup:

so hold on for $180 i can get the master and slave cylinders, oem flywheel and an exedy clutch kit? dosent sound bad. cept for the fact im broke >_< . ill try to find a way.

so hold on for $180 i can get the master and slave cylinders, oem flywheel and an exedy clutch kit? dosent sound bad. cept for the fact im broke >_< . ill try to find a way.

Also factor in 2 quarts of 10W-30 oil for to refill tranny, and then buy 1 container of Honda hydrolic fluid for filling clutch system! :thumbsup: So say $200 total?? Give or take! :)

I had this exact same problem with my car. except it was my slave cylinder leaking under pressure(and my slave was not but 6mo old)

everyone has a different answer(and their all right) but if your on a budget just try to narrow down the field so that if its just a $20 part than all you have to spend is $20 to get you back on the road. Thats like saying "if you get a door ding that you should just buy a new car." if your clutch was working fine before you probably don't need to spend the money to get a new one just because of a small part breaking or leaking, BUT if its you clutch thats broken than that changes the story.

I had this exact same problem with my car. except it was my slave cylinder leaking under pressure(and my slave was not but 6mo old)

everyone has a different answer(and their all right) but if your on a budget just try to narrow down the field so that if its just a $20 part than all you have to spend is $20 to get you back on the road. Thats like saying "if you get a door ding that you should just buy a new car." if your clutch was working fine before you probably don't need to spend the money to get a new one just because of a small part breaking or leaking, BUT if its you clutch thats broken than that changes the story.

Typically, it's wise to replace both master and slave at the same time. The newness of one component, could potentially blow out the older component.

this actually happened to my car and i bled the slave cylinder but it was actually the master clutch cylinder that went bad and since it was behind the firewall up under the dash i had a mechanic replace it and he ended up replacing the master and slave cylinder and some hose that cost over$80 bucks...altogether it cost almost a grand! it is not cheap stuff

i like hydraulic clutches but in this case i would perfer cable

this actually happened to my car and i bled the slave cylinder but it was actually the master clutch cylinder that went bad and since it was behind the firewall up under the dash i had a mechanic replace it and he ended up replacing the master and slave cylinder and some hose that cost over$80 bucks...altogether it cost almost a grand! it is not cheap stuff

somebody got RIPPED >_<

a grand? dude i bought my car for $1100! lol

WaT?? >_<

no sht, thats insane

also as far as the trans goes

refil with honda MTF,

the hydros ive always used dot3 brake fluid, its the same sht as honda hydro

ok now for the dot3 brake fluid goes in the clutch cylinder, i have no clue as to what the guy i bought it from used before. i bought some dot3 brake fluid but its synthetic and idk if he used that or the reg stuff. that shuldnt hurt right? could it stick cuz its cold outside? i noticed it didnt do it when it was warm the other day, so is that a possibility?

it is more than likely not a temperature affected item, its been 8 degrees outside and snowing and my clutch acts just the same. as far as the brake fluid, if your not sure what is in it, just take off the reservoir cap and loosen up the bleeder valve and completely drain the system. then flush it with the new dot3, and then re-bleed out your clutch. Also check for any leaks at the slave cylinder and master(also look inside the car, under the dash at where the master goes through firewall) the masters like to leak inside the car if their leaking.

whew!! im glad i JUSTTTT replaced my clutch and did all this work....i had my master and slave replaced...brand new excedy clutch kit...new 7lb findanza flywheel...and took it to a mechanic to have it done cause im lazy and it happened to be raining outside when i went to go do it...cost me 325 out the door =) its really not as big of a chuck of change as my laziness was expecting... >_<

well i bought a new slave cylinder and its gettin put in tomorrow. the master cylinder was like 80 bucks (more than i have at the moment). im hopin that the slave cylinder will solve the prob cuz its been leakin like a mofo.

• 2 weeks later...
somebody got RIPPED >_<

a grand? dude i bought my car for $1100! lol

WaT??>_<

A grand for a clutch job!! :-

F**k that I would have teabagged that mechanic and jacked my car back :D

A master cost $20 and a slave cost $15, he must have a really high hourly rate :nono:

well i would have to look at the receipt but i think the master cylinder costed like 120 and the slave was wayy more than 15 bucks and some hose that went from the master clutch cylinder to the slave was about 80 bucks and took a week to get shipped..i only bought the car for 650 bucks a year last august i think but already put like 50K miles on it...ive put over 2500 in mods and repairs...i love the lude and never want to get rid of it

Archived