make my 93 lx run mid or low 14's

h22aAccord1993

I have got a 93 accord lx and its got about 204,000 miles on it and its bone stock. I would like to see it get into the low or mid 14's. Im in college and ive got a part time job so I have a low budget. Please give me some help maybe a total bill for under $6,000. :thumbsup:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-Weight reduction including the possability of fat girlfriends/friends.

-H22 Swap, intake, header, exhaust, good tires, maybe few other bolt ons/tune + some luck.

With 6,000 towards performance parts you got a good start really. But engine swap is almost manditory if you want some reliability. No need to invest 6k in a motor thats probably not very strong to begin with.

-Weight reduction including the possability of fat girlfriends/friends.

:laugh: hahahahahaha that would be true..but yea for sure swap to the h22 with good header, exhaust, intake, IM, TB, lower it some with good tires, mayb upgrade the fuel system some and a good tune will always help :thumbsup:

I was thinking a better start would be to sell the accord for $2500 and go buy a nicer vehicle with the $8500 in cash you have - like a nice swapped civic or a turbo lude or something.

Not that it cannot be done, but building a fast(er) car while working part time in college and probably with no place to work on it just isn't going to work out so well. Would be much easier to just buy your speed.

I was thinking a better start would be to sell the accord for $2500 and go buy a nicer vehicle with the $8500 in cash you have - like a nice swapped civic or a turbo lude or something.

Not that it cannot be done, but building a fast(er) car while working part time in college and probably with no place to work on it just isn't going to work out so well. Would be much easier to just buy your speed.

Most logical response of the day goes to Jason! Probably would have been better for alot of us on here. Take his advice.

True but then it wouldnt be his speed not something he did on his own its some one elses work and if he has 6k to work with thats a good start to be able to work on his own car but thats just my opinion ofcourse you could go this route to and buy a nice car for 8500 lol :thumbsup:

You paid for it, it's your speed. Doesn't matter if you built it yourself or not. Last I checked you didn't build your house - doesn't stop you from calling it yours and enjoying living in it?

You paid for it, it's your speed. Doesn't matter if you built it yourself or not. Last I checked you didn't build your house - doesn't stop you from calling it yours and enjoying living in it?

yea but like i said in my opinion buying and doing it your self is two completely different things its not the same satisfaction from buying it as you would get from doing it your self and i said ur idea was good this was just my opinion i would prefer to build the speed myself than jus buy it :thumbsup:

I found a pretty good www.importproformanceparts.com and with pacesetter headers, AEM cold-air intake, pacesetter exhaust, nitrous express single port 10lb bottle, and a garrett T25BB turbo it came up to a little under $2,000 but thats is not including a motor swap and 5 speed tranny.

I found a pretty good www.importproformanceparts.com and with pacesetter headers, AEM cold-air intake, pacesetter exhaust, nitrous express single port 10lb bottle, and a garrett T25BB turbo it came up to a little under $2,000 but thats is not including a motor swap and 5 speed tranny.

If your getting a turbo do yourself a favor and buy a kit. And you don't buy an "AEM Intake" when you have a turbo. And I would not run a turbo and nos for your first car setup especially when doing it yourself, especially without a motor rebuild for boost/nos.

but that is also not including wheels and good tires and drag radials and fuel conversion system and weight reduction

I wouldn't really worry about getting drag tires just buy a good set of tires to begin with and you should be pretty straight. Fuel Conversion system? What are we converting? And Weight reduction shouldn't cost a whole lot since your taking stuff out of the car. But really wont mean a crap ton of difference either.

sell and buy an rsx dude, you got the k24 i belive or is it the k20?

K20.

No its and h22a1 2.2L

He was talking about the motor in the RSX.

If your getting a turbo do yourself a favor and buy a kit. And you don't buy an "AEM Intake" when you have a turbo. And I would not run a turbo and nos for your first car setup especially when doing it yourself, especially without a motor rebuild for boost/nos.

or a header (singular)

I wouldn't really worry about getting drag tires just buy a good set of tires to begin with and you should be pretty straight. Fuel Conversion system? What are we converting? And Weight reduction shouldn't cost a whole lot since your taking stuff out of the car. But really wont mean a crap ton of difference either.

K20.

He was talking about the motor in the RSX.

What I mean by fuel conversion system is that i would have to contvert my car to run a higher octane gasoline I couldnt really think of a better term.

You could upgrade the fuel system after you get your intake/exhaust mods done. Or if you do a turbo setup. You wont see much a difference (if any?) in performance through running unleaded-premium and using race level gas is only good if you have your car tuned to race level gas. Also if you swap in an H22 or something you should be set to run premium anyway.

you can get it in the 14s i have a 1995 that i just did a h22 swap on befor i did the swap i was running 16.7 wit the f22 vtec with about 210,000 some od miles and doing it at 83 mph in 3gear now that i have the h22 and did valve train mods and can hight the high rpms i can do 100 in 2gear with the f22 grany trany. i havent got to the track yet with my new set up

Archived