make my 93 lx run mid or low 14's

h22aAccord1993

I say hunt around and put together a used turbo kit, boost the f22 and see what happens. If it blows, then buy an h22 and sell your turbo stuff OR use it (with different piping) on the H motor. If you do decide to get an H22, please get the H tranny too. Trust me. As a matter of fact, get an H22 tranny regardless. Even if you keep your f-series motor. Gearing makes all the difference in the world.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
you can get it in the 14s i have a 1995 that i just did a h22 swap on befor i did the swap i was running 16.7 wit the f22 vtec with about 210,000 some od miles and doing it at 83 mph in 3gear now that i have the h22 and did valve train mods and can hight the high rpms i can do 100 in 2gear with the f22 grany trany. i havent got to the track yet with my new set up

I took mine out to the track about a month ago and it ran a 17.68 at 83 mph ti was my first time going down the track in anything. All of the other times were from anywhere to 17.8-18.1 but the time I ran a 17.68 I was racing a supercharged fox body.

I took mine out to the track about a month ago and it ran a 17.68 at 83 mph ti was my first time going down the track in anything. All of the other times were from anywhere to 17.8-18.1 but the time I ran a 17.68 I was racing a supercharged fox body.

i had the vtec f22 at the time with a header cold air 2.25 catback and no cat with a little advance on the motor

i was running that the first time i went with just a intake and catback

I was also considering doing some modifications to my 97 accord EX 2.0l... for a 2.0 the car runs rather brisk at the moment but I'm fairly sure that the only single mod that will make a large difference to it is turbocharging..

If this is the case, what price will I be looking at for a respectable turbocharger and what level of performance gain should I expect from it..

Also what brands etc do you normally recommend?

thanks

I was also considering doing some modifications to my 97 accord EX 2.0l... for a 2.0 the car runs rather brisk at the moment but I'm fairly sure that the only single mod that will make a large difference to it is turbocharging..

If this is the case, what price will I be looking at for a respectable turbocharger and what level of performance gain should I expect from it..

Also what brands etc do you normally recommend?

thanks

are u shere its not a 2.2 and u can get a turbo kit for about 2000 to 4000 depending on what it comes with or how much power you wont it to push

Im 100% sure its not the 2.2l engine.

Its the 2.0 model , not USDM spec.. The car is Located in Trinidad and Tobago and we get our cars direct from the factory in Japan, they are not exact JDM spec either...

but anyway point is its an I4 2.0l, when I get an engine model number il let you blokes know..

Im 100% sure its not the 2.2l engine.

Its the 2.0 model , not USDM spec.. The car is Located in Trinidad and Tobago and we get our cars direct from the factory in Japan, they are not exact JDM spec either...

but anyway point is its an I4 2.0l, when I get an engine model number il let you blokes know..

F20

Wikipedia:

F20AThis engine series was used in the Honda Accords in Japan and Europe. The DOHC F20A was also derived from this engine (see below).

Specifications

• Bore × Stroke: 85.0 × 88.0 mm
  • Displacement: 1997 cc
  • Compression ratio : 9.5:1
  • Valve Configuration: SOHC, 16 valves
  • Max output : F20A2 and F20A4 110 PS @ 6000 rpm (PGM-carb) 133 PS @ 5400 rpm (PGM-Fi),
  • Max output : F20A5 135 Ps @ 5400 rpm (PGM-Fi)
  • Max output : F20A7 147 PS @ 5600 rpm (PGM-Fi)
  • Max torque : F20A2 and F20A4 18.5 kg m @ 4300 rpm (PGM-Fi), 16.1 kg m @ 3800 rpm (PGM-carb)
  • Max torque : F20A7 19.3 kg m @ 4400 rpm (PGM-Fi)
  • Fuel consumption (Japan Combined Cycle) : 9.6 km/l (PGM-Fi), 9.8 km/l (PGM-carb)

This engine also spawned many variants, according to market, but the specs remain largely similar

[edit] F20B

This engine series was used in the CF4, CF5, CF9, CL3 Honda Accord and Honda Torneo from Japan. Also had a DOHC derivative (see below)

Specifications

• Configuration Valve: DOHC, 16 valves, VTEC
  • Compression ratio: 11.0:1
  • Max power: 148 PS (109 kW) @ 6000 rpm (4WD), 150 PS (110 kW) @ 6000 rpm
  • Max torque: 183 N m @ 5000 rpm (4WD), 186 N m @ 5000 rpm

[edit] F20Z

This engine series is similar to the F20A above, used in the Honda Accord in Asia and Europe.

Specifications

• Valve Configuration: SOHC, 16 valves

My accord is the CD4 chasis.. no idea which engine this was normally mated to?

I cant really do much more research until next month when I get back to trinidad...

for the moment im in florida with my volvo..

My accord is the CD4 chasis.. no idea which engine this was normally mated to?

I cant really do much more research until next month when I get back to trinidad...

for the moment im in florida with my volvo..

They came with the F20B in the EX and EXL

Im really thinking about swapping for a k20 motor would this be a good choice?.... or should i go with a different motor for a little bit less money and make some upgrades to a different motor? :crazy:

Your first mission: find out if a mount kit even exists for a K-swap into your accord. Then find out if the correct sized axles are produced. Then figure out how your going to wire it in, and if any header will fit (it sits backwards ya know). If the mounts and axles are unavailable, forget it. As a matter of fact....forget it anyways. Who wants to put that much money into an accord? Buy a civic if you want a K motor.

When it comes to swaps in Accords, it's pretty much H22 or nothing. I mean yeah, the f20b is hot but expensive and you get more torque from an H22. Plus there's more aftermarket support. Plus you can find them easier. Plus it's the same price, if not cheaper.

DO IT!

oh yeah, K-swap with all necessary parts and accessories = $5k+

H22a4 = $2000 or so

Well, im sure mine isnt VTEC but I know its DOHC so I guess that limits the options somewhat... Strange..

I really enjoy the engine though, its really fun, you can beat it up and it just keeps on giving torque throughout the rev range.. My volvo on the other hand despite having way more power normally gives a surge of torque over 3700rpm

• 1 month later...

Archived