Bodywork...

Orca89

So... Halloween, I decide to park my car in the driveway rather than along the street, because it's been pranked before... Forgot one small detail, Sister has SAT's the next morning. And she has a habit of backing into things.

P1000363-1.jpg

P1000362-1.jpg

P1000361.jpg

Think I could take the panel off and hammer out the dents with a friend of mine, or should I just let one of my Dad's buddy's have it over Thanksgiving? My sister'll be paying for it, but even though she hit my car... I don't want to kill her finances. She has enough on her plate filling the tank of the Pilot.

You can bump it out, but the metal has already been stretched. I say let a shop do it. As for your sisters finances, who cares?

Ok, I'll let my Dad's friend fix it, he runs a shop with his sons. And my sisters finances... well... she's my little sister. She annoys the crap out of me, I put up with her and try to look out for her. That's how it works. *shrugs*

Ok, I'll let my Dad's friend fix it, he runs a shop with his sons. And my sisters finances... well... she's my little sister. She annoys the crap out of me, I put up with her and try to look out for her. That's how it works. *shrugs*

I understand this, but when somebody does something stupid...you make them pay for it.

I understand this, but when somebody does something stupid...you make them pay for it.

She brought home root beer and a donut for me. And here's pics of the pilot... it won.

P1000366.jpg

And besides, it was more absent-minded than stupid. I can't blame people for that, because I make the absent-minded professor look organized.

so she has a habit of backing into things? does she just not pay attention or too short to see or what? id make her pay for it. maybe she wont back into stuff so much. btw wat kinda wheels you got on that?

Those are 17" Bronze Kazera KZ-B's. Wanna buy 'em? They need some tlc 'cause of curb rash (largely the PO, although I'm not entirely blameless). I plan on putting some work into them once I get Pearce's stock alloys.

P1000348.jpg

craigslist.jpg

And she will be paying any repair bill, it's just if I can lower the amount, I will. At the cost of time on my part, not money. I have time to spare, but I'm completely broke.

Those are 17" Bronze Kazera KZ-B's. Wanna buy 'em? They need some tlc 'cause of curb rash (largely the PO, although I'm not entirely blameless). I plan on putting some work into them once I get Pearce's stock alloys.

P1000348.jpg

SHOW ME THE MONEY!! :thumbsup:

J\K ing! :laugh:

you would think if she backed into stuff often she'd pay attention a little more

my sister backs into mailboxs... shes hit the mailbox in our front yard like 3 times... completly backed over it in a grandam one time.. then ran her now husbands spec v down the side of it.. and hit it with his moms rav4

you would think if she backed into stuff often she'd pay attention a little more

my sister backs into mailboxs... shes hit the mailbox in our front yard like 3 times... completly backed over it in a grandam one time.. then ran her now husbands spec v down the side of it.. and hit it with his moms rav4

Move mail box! :thumbsup:

Yeah, well... it happens. She kinda sucks at backing up large vehicles. Trucks, SUV's, etc. Normally there's nothing there, so it's just turn car on, make sure garage door is open, back out and turn. Early in the morning, with low light... well, a small car is easy to miss. especially in an SUV with poor rear visibility. Especially when distracted.

Yeah, well... it happens. She kinda sucks at backing up large vehicles. Trucks, SUV's, etc. Normally there's nothing there, so it's just turn car on, make sure garage door is open, back out and turn. Early in the morning, with low light... well, a small car is easy to miss. especially in an SUV with poor rear visibility. Especially when distracted.

Then she shouldn't be driving a truck or an SUV.

Then she shouldn't be driving a truck or an SUV.

It's not by choice. When I was driving the family car, Dad let me have the Accord because I preferred the manual transmission. Aimee doesn't care so much, and Dad got tired of driving the pilot, so she's stuck with the big, bulky gas guzzler. In as much as a Honda can be a gas guzzler anyway, haha.

P1000348.jpg

craigslist.jpg

And she will be paying any repair bill, it's just if I can lower the amount, I will. At the cost of time on my part, not money. I have time to spare, but I'm completely broke.

how much? im broke at the moment but am gettin a second job soon so ill have some extra cash

It's not as bad as the one my Prelude is rockin'. :laugh:

Wow, I'm glad I'm not related to some of the users on here. Family is supposed to help each other out. I don't know what your sister's financial situation is, but it won't be all that costly. You should check eBay, Craigslist, forums and junkyards for a Samba door, though. The only thing that sucks is that if you need to get another color, it'll need to be blended to match, although that could happen even if you get another Samba door, depending.

My mom backed into my CRX a long time ago, simply because it was habit to just leave and not think about it. I parked behind (to the side) of her one day since all of the top spots were full, and that's just what happens.

how much? im broke at the moment but am gettin a second job soon so ill have some extra cash

Make me an offer. 70%ish tread left on Ventus HR-II's. They handle beautifully, get good mileage and still have a ton of grip. I can't get them to squeal when cornering, which says a lot for them.

It's not as bad as the one my Prelude is rockin'. :laugh:

Wow, I'm glad I'm not related to some of the users on here. Family is supposed to help each other out. I don't know what your sister's financial situation is, but it won't be all that costly. You should check eBay, Craigslist, forums and junkyards for a Samba door, though. The only thing that sucks is that if you need to get another color, it'll need to be blended to match, although that could happen even if you get another Samba door, depending.

My mom backed into my CRX a long time ago, simply because it was habit to just leave and not think about it. I parked behind (to the side) of her one day since all of the top spots were full, and that's just what happens.

Yeah, same here, haha. Families stick together, even while they drive each other nuts. As for the little sister's finances... not good. She works at Dominoes making minimum wage, and has band so often she only works maybe 8-12 hours a week. Add that to an SUV's gas consumption, and you've got a problem. She's getting a new job next year that should pay a whole lot more, and graduating early so she can work almost fulltime until she turns 18, at which point she'll probably ramp up to full-time hours. We should be able to get a bit of a discount since my Dad knows the guy, and I'll probably help out to drop it even more. I'll check around eBay... Craigslist sucks for PA though... Had to go to VA just to find a Sol that was reasonably priced and in good shape.

I just really wish she'd backed into the front of my car... honestly, I already have a new bumper cover (with license plate holes shaved off and filled in), am getting new headlights, new fogs are planned, the bumper beam is already bent... *sigh* ah well.

Sorry to hear about that, Scott. I did the same thing to my sister's Corolla with my Ram. Got in started to back out and suddenly remembered that my sis was parked behind me. Slammed the brakes, but not before I left a nice trailer hitch-sized hole in her front bumper. :oops:

Sounds like you've already got plans for the fix, but I also would recommend finding a door in a yard or something. If it's clean and Samba you win. And even if it's a different color they're gonna be repainting the door regardless so it would at least save you the money from the body work.

In any case, good luck getting the car all squared around.

Sorry to hear about that, Scott. I did the same thing to my sister's Corolla with my Ram. Got in started to back out and suddenly remembered that my sis was parked behind me. Slammed the brakes, but not before I left a nice trailer hitch-sized hole in her front bumper. :oops:

Sounds like you've already got plans for the fix, but I also would recommend finding a door in a yard or something. If it's clean and Samba you win. And even if it's a different color they're gonna be repainting the door regardless so it would at least save you the money from the body work.

In any case, good luck getting the car all squared around.

Unfortunately there are a whopping 2 Del Sol wrecks around Central PA... Door panels are either half destroyed or have been snatched already. The door's really not all that bad, and there are only a few scratches that aren't just paint transfer. A bit of buffing and waxing and it'll look almost new. I plan on repainting the entire car once I get the body fully restored, so I'll just live with any scratches I can't get out for a while.

And thanks, everyone.

Don't feel like making a new thread, so I'm thread jacking myself. I was just working on cleaning out the engine bay and continuing to buff out the scratches from my Sister, and noticed this:

P1000372.jpg

Apparently there isn't a JDM D16Z6, so I've got the JDM D16A? Apparently it's got an extra 3 horsepower (whoop-de-do), and is a bit less efficient... Sound right? or am I just completely lost?

Archived