Bodywork...

Orca89

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

So, finally got thing's fixed up. Picked up a door from Mafdark, got it painted last week, and spent the weekend stripping the guts out of my old door and putting them in the new one. Just got the door on a few hours ago, looks great. No pictures of it on the car yet though, I'll have to go take some tomorrow. Here's some from while I was working on it:

P1000400.jpg

P1000402.jpg

Looks kind of nice without a door... Maybe I'll find a wrecked Sol someday and turn it into a dune-buggy...

P1000403.jpg

The new door, finally with all it's guts in place.

There is still a small problem, it's not lined up right, which means I have to take off the fender to get at the bolts holding it on (I took the door off the hinge and then the hinge off the car to get the old door off, and then reversed that with the new hinge and door.). Problem is, to get the fender off, I have to remove the side-skirt. I can't figure out how to get that off. I've removed all the clips, but can't get it to come off. Little help?

Glad you're finally gettin the damage fixed up.

Problem is, to get the fender off, I have to remove the side-skirt. I can't figure out how to get that off. I've removed all the clips, but can't get it to come off. Little help?

Aren't there screws holding it in?

Glad you're finally gettin the damage fixed up.

Aren't there screws holding it in?

Clips, and I got them out. There are two... hangers or something on either end that are attached to the car, but I can't figure out how to get the skirt off of them. Can't slide it more than about 1/4" either way before the edges of the side skirt catch on the car...

And I'm glad I'm finally getting it fixed too, haha. Took someone denting the Pilot's door for my Dad to get the ball rolling...

Clips, and I got them out. There are two... hangers or something on either end that are attached to the car, but I can't figure out how to get the skirt off of them. Can't slide it more than about 1/4" either way before the edges of the side skirt catch on the car...

hammer?

tallhammer that is hahahah okay that was seriously dumb but seriously text/call/pm tallhammer he might know since he's taken his apart numerous times

Here's the promised pictures. As you can see, it doesn't quite match... But it's better than a huge dent. And it didn't quite match before anyway.

P1000404.jpg

P1000405.jpg

Now I just need to get the million and one dents in the quarter panel taken care of... Too bad HACC doesn't have a bodywork class...

hes scared of a little scrape here and there

I get little scrapes all the time as it sits now, between the speed bumps and the insane curbs... You almost need a jacked up truck to get around.

i dunno if its the way he's parked but it looks like the hub is even with the bottom of the car

Probably the way I'm parked...

P1000299.jpg

hmmm... now that I look closely... I'll go take a pic level with the hub at some point. My front yard slopes down a good bit, so it's probably just the angle I've been taking pictures from.

• 2 weeks later...

I seriously need to get a process thread put together... but until then:

Heck yes, new headlights are IN!!! :D Turns out the frame isn't bent, just a few of the connecting pieces between the bumper and lights and the frame. $500 off the estimated cost to get it fully fixed, hahaha.

P1000440.jpg

Sits higher than my TRUCK..

I like the clearance. I may drop it 1/2" - 1 1/2" when I can afford to, but personally I don't have a problem with it at the stock height.

they look good, i can't tell if its the lighting or the bent pieces you talked about but the gaps around them look a little off?

My fenders are rather beat up, that's probably it.

I like the clearance. I may drop it 1/2" - 1 1/2" when I can afford to, but personally I don't have a problem with it at the stock height.

My fenders are rather beat up, that's probably it.

My recommendation.

http://www.advancespeedshop.com/eibach-pro...140-p-1079.html

Archived