I'm getting new wheels for the accord

CleanGSR

Well, found a set of stock prelude sawblades for part out locally. I offered him $20 and he said he'd do $25 and he'll swap my tires onto the saw blades (I've got a ton of tread left) and I'll give him my steelies + hubcaps. All I'll have to do beyond the $25 is to go have them balanced so for probably $50-60 I can get these with my tires mounted on them.

Whatcha think? I think they'll look really nice when I get the car lowered and I may even paint them white to match the car if they need refinished (I'm gonna assume they do need to be).

1223572137.jpg

Obviously not my first choice, but for $50 mounted and balanced ......

thats a good deal nate. i'd go for it. plus, they will look waaay better than the stockers you have now.

My stockers are hubcaps so it would be a huge bonus. His and mine schedules kind of conflict so I won't be able to go by and look at them until Wednesday. Hopefully he still has them.

Thinking about this from your point of view: I'd keep the hubcaps and steelies through the winter. Especially if you're having trouble financially.

IMO: I don't like them. I'd rather save for some wheels that I'll really like.

Those rims are worth more in weight than $25. Alloy rims generally bring about $11 each as scrap.

So in other words, hell yeah it's worth it.

Plus I think they look good.

The accord is 4x114.3.....same as the preludes.

I really like the looks of those wheels and I'm only modding my car to have the clean stocker look. Those wheels look good on accords when lowered and I really like them. I doubt I'll even replace them down the road since I just want a nice looking daily driver with the accord for now.

The fact that our money is so tight is my whole reason for toughing it out and getting these. I'm never gonna find wheels this cheap and I really like the way those look.

Here they are on a dropped accord. Granted they're not the best OEM wheel but they look 10 times better than hubcaps IMO.

1006081208.jpg

Either one of those pictures is edited, or the guy in the red accord has his wheels on backwards.

Actually that's what makes these wheels awesome. They are specific for left/right side so that both sides always rotate the same direction. If you swap them all left to right they will all go in the opposite direction (hopefully that makes sense) Compare that to the GSR blades that are all 4 the same and one side will point the opposite direction of the other.... that's one thing that made me want these prelude wheels.

I thought that was the situation. In that case the guy with the red accord has them on backwards (to me they look backwards)

Yeah, I think the way the silver accord has them looks better too.....that's probably how I'll run them.

i like them on the accord, they look good :thumbsup: and i like how the red one sits, you going to make yours sit like that nate?

oh and some LS meshies would look sick on the accord! they dont look bad on any honda

i like them on the accord, they look good :thumbsup: and i like how the red one sits, you going to make yours sit like that nate?

oh and some LS meshies would look sick on the accord! they dont look bad on any honda

Yeah, I plan to drop mine similar to the red one, but not until the spring (no sense doing it now with winter approaching).

LS meshies won't work. 90% of the wheels (LS meshies, Blades, Fat Fives, etc...) are all 4x100. My accord is 4x114.3. I'll run these prelude wheels for awhile, but wouldn't mind some 4 lug white 16" ITR wheels down the road.

Actually that's what makes these wheels awesome. They are specific for left/right side so that both sides always rotate the same direction. If you swap them all left to right they will all go in the opposite direction (hopefully that makes sense) Compare that to the GSR blades that are all 4 the same and one side will point the opposite direction of the other.... that's one thing that made me want these prelude wheels.

that was going to be my question. it really bothers me when the wheels go in opposite directions but for $50 i think its a pretty good deal

Archived