which is a bettter buy?

jaymichael13

ok lookin for a honda. which would be a better buy for everyday/ semi-street racing....

1995 honda civic EX - $3500

has jdm vtex motor- 50k miles on it

runs perfect

manual 5 speed

18" racing hart rims

or!!!

1996 HONDA CIVIC DX - $2500

single cam vtec motor

runs good

manual 5 speed

cd player

or!!!

1998 Honda Civic - $2900

good condition

manual 5 speed

195k miles

basicaly stock =/

or!!!

1995 honda civic EX - $2000

vtex motor

manual 5 speed

runs great

needs power steering rack and o2 sensor

143k miles

i just need help on what would be a better deal. help me out please

ok lookin for a honda. which would be a better buy for everyday/ semi-street racing....

1995 honda civic EX - $3500

has jdm vtex motor- 50k miles on it

runs perfect

manual 5 speed

18" racing hart rims

or!!!

1996 HONDA CIVIC DX - $2500

single cam vtec motor

runs good

manual 5 speed

cd player

or!!!

1998 Honda Civic - $2900

good condition

manual 5 speed

195k miles

basicaly stock =/

or!!!

1995 honda civic EX - $2000

vtex motor

manual 5 speed

runs great

needs power steering rack and o2 sensor

143k miles

i just need help on what would be a better deal. help me out please

Seriously?

2nd thing is no DX model came with a VTEC, so if someone swapped in a SOHC VTEC, actually, ya know what, inspect the crap out of them all if they were all swapped, which it sounds like they are, regardless if they run "perfectly" or not. Chances are, they're hiding something at those prices.

Also, no 4 doors. You're not an old lady.

and um...whichever one you feel more comfortable with. I just bought a stock 94 dx for $1600, runs perfect but has some rust issues (90% fixed for $80 :D), anyways, the kid was asking $2,300 for it, I offered him $1,600, he said no, called me a week later and told me it was mine for that price. He even replaced the passenger side axle, speed sensor, and cluster (with another DX cluster) because the speedometer stopped working on my ride home.

So.. offer a little less, and whatever you do, if you get the one with the 18" rims, take those stupid things off and go with 16's ;)

Good luck with your buy(s)

Edit: On a side note about the JDM VTEC engine... look at the block for the engine code (B16A, B18C). JDM Block Codes don't have numbers after the letters like that - so a JDM B16 will be a B16A or B16B (CTR), and a JDM B18 will be B18C, also the valve cover will have VTEC on the bottom in BIG letters, bigger than DOHC. I hate it when people try to sell off a car claiming JDM when it's not.

I love my sedan.... :(

I hate threads like this. Each persons car is a reflection of themselves. This guy doesn't know what car he wants = He has no clue what his own identity is. Why he is asking for us to tell him who he is baffles me.

I love my sedan.... :(

I hate threads like this. Each persons car is a reflection of themselves. This guy doesn't know what car he wants = He has no clue what his own identity is. Why he is asking for us to tell him who he is baffles me.

Sedans are nice, I agree. But give the kid a break, he just wants some advice. Most all of us have asked for opinions on things. And while a car can be a means of self-expression, you can't make an assumption that someone doesn't know who they are because he asked what was a better deal between a few cars.

Archived